Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So Sick Of Leveling and Questing!

12346»

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by bcbully
    All you people who think mmorpgs need questing, try EVE and Wushu today. Both are free to try. Both will change your understanding in a profound way.

Wushu is boring to me. Too much running around. I won't play it even though it is F2P.

Eve is also boring to me. PvE combat is easy mode meh.

You only skimmed the surface of PVE in EVE. You never made it to any content that would even be considered slightly difficult.

This has been explained to you several times already.

Until the next time, I guess...

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Cecropia
    All you people who think mmorpgs need questing, try EVE and Wushu today. Both are free to try. Both will change your understanding in a profound way.

Wushu is boring to me. Too much running around. I won't play it even though it is F2P.

You only skimmed the surface of PVE in EVE. You never made it to any content that would even be considered slightly difficult.

So? If a game has a boring front part .. i will pass. If it make you feel better .... the front part of eve pve is boring, and easy-mode, and i have no intention to play a boring part of a game to get to a better part (if it exists at all).

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I liked EVE when I played it, but I kind of agree with the person you quoted. If you are not interested in PVP in EVE, then there is not much left. PVE is very repetitive. I really liked the exploration in EVE using probes to scan, it felt like treasure hunting. But if I would only play in high sec, it would become boring very fast. Also the PVE random missions, they are at the most comparible to AO's mission terminals. Not really the main course of the game imo. In my eyes PVP and the politics surrounding it is the main thing in EVE.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by someforumguy

I liked EVE when I played it, but I kind of agree with the person you quoted. If you are not interested in PVP in EVE, then there is not much left. PVE is very repetitive. I really liked the exploration in EVE using probes to scan, it felt like treasure hunting. But if I would only play in high sec, it would become boring very fast. Also the PVE random missions, they are at the most comparible to AO's mission terminals. Not really the main course of the game imo. In my eyes PVP and the politics surrounding it is the main thing in EVE.

That is certainly true. I do not know why Eve would take the trouble to put in pve missions. Those are laughable, even at WoW standards.

There are few missions, and you start to repeat the exact same mission quickly. Combat is boring.

• sempiternalsempiternal Member UncommonPosts: 1,082
    Originally posted by vanderghast

I really don't get how aimlessly wandering around a world is gameplay?  Seriously, take out the things you say you hate and you'd have the most pointless game ever created.  No quests, no levels, can go anywhere you want upon logging in..........Why would anyone even play that?

@OP Ultima Online sucks! That game was awesome when it was released, but Electronic Arts has thoroughly neglected and destroyed it.

@vanderghast Are you kidding? The very best games don't have level, quest, and npc grinds! Those are for people with no imagination or sense of adventure. Sandbox games are the best.

Tired of MMO grinds, try DayZ Epoch with me. No levels, no quests, everyone restarts equal when they die, and the very latest in realistic military weapons are at your disposal. I'm having a blast. And, there's no monthly fee. Never have I had so much fun playing a game for only $6 total.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/407436/DayZ-Epoch-is-Epic.html