Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which singleplayer game feels the most "Alive" ?

ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

For me that would be the Assassin Creed series.

GTA games close to a second.

RPG's balance between the first and second.

MMORPG wise only Star Wars Galaxies felt alive because I expect the players to make the game come alive in a MMORPG

And please consider to look at it from a gamers perspective because we all know games can't be or feel alive. But they sure can be immersive, just like books, movie's'.

Wierd thing is I get much more immersed when  game is first person view, yet with above mentioned games the whole world just feels alive eventhough they are 3rd person perspective.

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Red Dead Redemption

Fallout 3

• dragonslayer4everdragonslayer4ever Member Posts: 22
    Assasin Creed for me. :D
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558

Morrowind when I first played it many years ago. Of course now it feels static. Haven't really felt that in a long time.

Although Oblivion came close one time when I came into one of the outer cities and something had caused the NPC "townies" to go into an all out war with the guards.

But then it came crashing down when - after having slaughtered all the citizens - the guards simply returned to their patrol routes as if nothing had happened, and went back to bugging me about paying the city "taxes" they believed I owed.

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Yep, Morrowind was awesome. I'd put it on first place as well (and I do among rpg's), but there's GTA :)

I just love VC. I still hop into it when I need some '80s fix, get a cab or a fire truck, switch on to VRock (or VCPR ;) ) and just driving around, while listening the music.