Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disabling all Racial Bonuses in Cyrodil

13»

Comments

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by olepi

I wish it was closer to DAOC, where you faced different races AND different classes.

With each side having the exact same 4 classes, it already seems dumbed down from DAOC.

You're making classes sound a lot more monolithic than they actually are, and a lot more cookie cutter.  You could have four different sorcerers without a single overlapping skill actually being used on their hotbars, and you could have characters who focus entirely on non-class skills.  Between DAOC and ESO, it's DAOC that is more lacking in variety.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,814
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

I wish it was closer to DAOC, where you faced different races AND different classes.

With each side having the exact same 4 classes, it already seems dumbed down from DAOC.

You're making classes sound a lot more monolithic than they actually are, and a lot more cookie cutter.  You could have four different sorcerers without a single overlapping skill actually being used on their hotbars, and you could have characters who focus entirely on non-class skills.  Between DAOC and ESO, it's DAOC that is more lacking in variety.

When you PvP'd against someone in DAOC, they were a different class than you, with different choices.

When you PvP someone in ESO, they have exactly the same classes with exactly the same choices.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083

When you PvP'd against someone in DAOC, they were a different class than you, with different choices.

When you PvP someone in ESO, they have exactly the same classes with exactly the same choices.

That's all about perception. Rarely will you run into 2 people in Cyrodiil with the exact same build, there is much more freedom in ESO than DAoC spec wise, and this is coming from a hardcore DAoC fan. Class names are irrelevant, spec is what's important.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

That's all about perception. Rarely will you run into 2 people in Cyrodiil with the exact same build, there is much more freedom in ESO than DAoC spec wise, and this is coming from a hardcore DAoC fan. Class names are irrelevant, spec is what's important.

I don't think it'll be as rare as you assume, but mine is assumption as well so take that for what it's worth. There's only so many ways people can build a stealthy archer Khajiit nightblade, and Cyrodiil is going to be be flooded with them.

• I think it's boring when a race is just a skin. Keep racial bonuses in Cyrodil. Some balancing might be needed, but I'm against removing them.

• Neo_LibertyNeo_Liberty Member UncommonPosts: 437
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Aeonblades

I don't think it'll be as rare as you assume, but mine is assumption as well so take that for what it's worth. There's only so many ways people can build a , and Cyrodiil is going to be be flooded with them.

thats assuming everyone wants to play a stealthy archer Khajiit nightblade

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    I voted No also ...it's away to early to jump to conclusions without having anything close to real raw data to work with ,in about 3 to 4 months I'm sure we'll start to see some real builds and info that's backed by facts and spreadsheets . Off course the op will have to remember the real top build and skilled  pvp guys don't just throw out the info to the masses ....there are reasons why someone is always  ahead of the pack
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

Oh I see your one of those its not fair guys.  Everything in life has to be perfectly equal.  I don't like that kind of life.  Life is not fair and perfectly balanced, sometimes people have an advantage over you depending on the scenario, that's what makes life and games  interesting.

• RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445

Way to gimp the Argonians, Cyrodiil is the only place that has water that matters.

;-)

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

TESO isn't DAoC nor is it designed with the same philosophy outside of rvr style combat.

You should be waiting for Camelot Unchained if you want that sort of game.

You stay sassy!

• RuienRuien Member Posts: 39

Soo is this the third or fourth website you have posted this crap on? Making the rounds are you? Every single site has resoundingly voted NO but I guess you will keep going till one goes your way. Then I guess you can send that in to Zenomax as proof your right?

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Clear as day, we want them. But they soon have a minimal impact.
  • Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    This is the worst beating I've ever seen anyone's idea take in a poll ......If you made an offer to folks to sit at home and play ESO and you'd pay them $200 a day more then they make at work I'd still bet more then 10% would say no !!
  • Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274

1) I want the races to be slightly different in terms of strengths and weaknesses, and

2) the difference will be relatively very small by the time you reach 50

I cant believe people are obsessing about this. I thought the guy who wouldn't play because he couldn't swim under water took the cake, but I guess he had a lot more competition than I thought.

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Scot

Why what does change soon for them to have minimal impact?

Originally posted by Eol-

1) I want the races to be slightly different in terms of strengths and weaknesses, and

I cant believe people are obsessing about this. I thought the guy who wouldn't play because he couldn't swim under water took the cake, but I guess he had a lot more competition than I thought.

Again, for you aswell: +15% crit damage from the Khajit stays the same. +15% more crit damage is +15% more crit damage. Same goes for other +dmg racials which have no cap.

• GrandAtrocityGrandAtrocity Member CommonPosts: 7
    bad idea.
  • timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246

I like the way ESO is set up. There will likely be a number of viable ways to play your class.

These people that want to reduce ESO to GW2 or WoW where you are failing if you aren't running some variation of the one current meta build need to get out. 

GW2's answer to race balancing was to make race pretty much irrelevant because all race skills pretty much suck. I don't want to see ESO go this route to please min-maxers. 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Hrotha

Again, for you aswell: +15% crit damage from the Khajit stays the same. +15% more crit damage is +15% more crit damage. Same goes for other +dmg racials which have no cap.

What about the guy with gear that gives similar bonuses? Should we do away with that as well?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Eol-Eol- Member UncommonPosts: 274
    Originally posted by Hrotha   Again, for you aswell: +15% crit damage from the Khajit stays the same. +15% more crit damage is +15% more crit damage. Same goes for other +dmg racials which have no cap.

but that racial trait comes along with several others, some of which (stealth) might not be beneficial to many builds. And of course those traits must be balanced against traits from other races.

Its pretty clear from the poll that most people want some racial skill variety and distinctiveness. I for one like the idea that Altmer will be stronger magically and Khajit will be better in melee stealth. Sorry the poll didn't come out the way you wanted it to. But by all means keep on obsessing.  

Elladan - ESO (AD)
    Camring - SWTOR (Ebon Hawk)
    Eol & Justinian - Rift (Faeblight)
    Ceol and Duri - LotRO (Landroval)
    Kili - WoW
    Eol - Lineage 2
    Camring - SWG
    Justinian (Nimue), Camring - DAoC

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

With the pre-purchase "Play and race in any alliance" it really doesn't matter what faction since you can pick the perfect race for your build.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,824
    Originally posted by Hrotha

The soft caps will sort out imbalances, any thing that does not get soft capped will be nerfed. Give them a month or two and wait for the new thread. "They killed my cat!"