Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Companions

MongooseMongoose Great Fals, MTPosts: 85Member

Has anyone read anything about getting in game companions? Thought I saw something recently stating that they would be introduced after launch.

-Mongoose

Comments

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    Define companion - hired help or pet?
  • TorgrimTorgrim GothenburgPosts: 2,088Member
    I had a pet monkey, does that count?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MongooseMongoose Great Fals, MTPosts: 85Member

AI that you command to follow you around. Don't think the little crabs are worth calling companions but maybe that's what they meant lol.

-Mongoose

• greenreengreenreen Punchoo, AKPosts: 2,101Member Uncommon
    Only heard of the cosmetic pets like mentioned. Then there are some summoned pets from Sorcerer and Nightblade but I don't think they have a bar to control them. It looks like from this the sorc can have two out at once - oh matt lauer, that's OP - jk. http://elderscrollsonline.info/summon-winged-twilight
  • DignaDigna City, CTPosts: 2,014Member Uncommon
    They stay on your spaceship and run errands for you.....
  • KnotwoodKnotwood Missoula, MTPosts: 1,103Member

While back they said that you wont have companions like in SKYRIM, where they follow you around all the time in game, but you will be able to get companions that will stay with you on storylines until that storyline is complete.

• hawkrylhawkryl springfield, MOPosts: 24Member
    On certain quests you get a companion that will follow you and fight for a portion of that quest.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,610Member Uncommon

Only for crafting. But you never see them - they're probably too busy to chat. They just send you materials.

But no permanent NPCs that fight for you... sorry, Lydia didn't make it.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Mesa, AZPosts: 1,090Member
    Thought this thread was going to be about the npc guild from Skyrim.
  • rygard49rygard49 Huntington Beach, CAPosts: 975Member
    Originally posted by Iselin

Only for crafting. But you never see them - they're probably too busy to chat. They just send you materials.

Good.

That chick always gave me the bitchiest attitude when I asked her to carry my loot. I can only hope one of her ancestors is my Blacksmith's assistant constantly working to prop up my achievements, and receiving no credit, nor being provided any avenue to complain.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,610Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rygard49
    Originally posted by Iselin

Good.

That chick always gave me the bitchiest attitude when I asked her to carry my loot. I can only hope one of her ancestors is my Blacksmith's assistant constantly working to prop up my achievements, and receiving no credit, nor being provided any avenue to complain.

I know. I like it this way. They should never be seen OR heard. I also hope they don't write notes in the packages they send our mats in. I don't need any more passive aggressive bitching.