Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar Download

RagestrideRagestride Member Posts: 2

Hello,

I got a beta key from Alienware.  I got it activated an associated with my NC Soft account.  Now I am trying to download the game.  When I hit install the button reads updating for a few seconds and then says failed.  Am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• EspionEspion Member UncommonPosts: 62

Run it as administrator

• SaalVekSaalVek Member Posts: 16

Yep. Close the launcher, open your downloads folder.  Right-click and run as administrator.

Fixed.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

And while youre at it, if youre not stupid at getting your computer infected with junk on a regular basis then you might as well go to control panel, user accounts, change user account control settings, drop the slider to the bottom (Never notify), click ok, and disable the warning when it comes up in the action center and reboot. Tada, everything runs as administrator from now on and no more hassles.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Anyone know how big the download is?
  • VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by redcap036
    Anyone know how big the download is?

17.2GB mine says.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Cheers!

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    Originally posted by Annekynn

And while youre at it, if youre not stupid at getting your computer infected with junk on a regular basis then you might as well go to control panel, user accounts, change user account control settings, drop the slider to the bottom (Never notify), click ok, and disable the warning when it comes up in the action center and reboot. Tada, everything runs as administrator from now on and no more hassles.

That seems like a pretty reckless move to me... But yes I had the administrator issue as well but I found the solution an hour later on the net.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Annekynn

I wouldn't recommend that.

Malicious programs would love that because they can run potentially harmful code without notifying users to its presence or to elevate privileges.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development