Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ignorant Reviews

2»

Comments

• WingeyeWingeye Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by filmoret

Why do people feel the need to speak their mind about a game calling it complete crap.  These people have issues either a game is completely good or completely bad and there is no middle ground.  I have kicked quite a few people out my guilds for puking nonsense about another mmo in the guild chat.  If they are gonna speak about a game they should at least be honest about it.  I have been playing games for longer then I would like to admit and although I am not a fan of some games I do see the good they have.  Every game has good sides and every game has bad sides.  There will never be a perfect game.  The trick is can you live with the imperfections or not.

So after a process of asking questions and seeing if they are reasonable people i'll make an educated decision and it has happened that people have been removed from the guild because I felt they would do nothing but harm the other players.  When a player is that close minded it creates a huge disturbance.  As I said before and a lot of readers are not seeing NO GAME IS COMPLETE CRAP AND NO GAME IS PERFECT.

[mod edit]

and why is this bothering you exactly? its not like they piss in your afternoon coffee

shouldnt affect you or me in anyway what other people think or how they voice their opinion

ITS THE INTERWEBZ

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by filmoret My guilds are not America so people cant just say what they want.  First sign of racism or gold selling I kick them out without any conversation.

...and anyone would applaude i am sure.

If my guilds were empty I would tend to listen to your suggestions, however they are full of people who are playing the game and enjoying themselves.

....and that is what being in a guild should be all about

If anyone interrupts that they get kicked out plain and simple.

That is a little worrying, do you not have healthy discussions?

I'm not a babysitter.  I don't act like any kind of authoritative leader ask any of my guild mates.  I just don't put up with any garbage. 

...to be fair, from most of your posts here i think that you are pretty authoritative, but that is the way you run your house, so be it, not for us to judge.

Close minded people are harmful to guilds because they tend to be unreasonable about more then just their review of particular games.  Sorry I'm not trying to build guilds for dumb players.  And unreasonable people are dumb so I just avoid them entirely.  Try having a few unreasonable friends in your life they are a waste of time.

...i would offer that those people are unreasonable to you, but if we take your earlier statement that no one is allowed to interrupt (i presume the general flow) then that means there is no room for discussion and no seeing both sides of an argument and if that is the case there is more than a little irony in what you are saying there.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by whisperwynd
    Originally posted by RaSungod
    Originally posted by filmoret
    Why do people feel the need to speak their mind about a game calling it complete crap.  These people have issues either a game is completely good or completely bad and there is no middle ground.  I have kicked quite a few people out my guilds for puking nonsense about another mmo in the guild chat.  If they are gonna speak about a game they should at least be honest about it.  I have been playing games for longer then I would like to admit and although I am not a fan of some games I do see the good they have.  Every game has good sides and every game has bad sides.  There will never be a perfect game.  The trick is can you live with the imperfections or not.

[mod edit]

Not necessarily, it could be that  the OP dislikes negative extremists. The rant of a negative opinion without rhyme nor reason to it.

I don't know him/her so I can't make that assertion. Just a different point of view.

One man's "negative extremist" is another man's rational objective reviewer.

I'm sorry but him getting on a power trip and kicking people out for saying bad things about other mmo's indicates to me he is likely the one with the distorted view of reality.  Granted, he really did those people a favor by kicking them out.

I agree with this. Seems like the players are better off without the OP's distorted view of reality and acceptance of mediocrity, as well as a lack of an ability to take criticism he doesn't agree with. I get a mental image of a toddler stamping his feet and crying over the OP's first post.

OP, you need to relax buddy :)

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Better to talk about it than to get rid of what you don't agree with otherwise you migth end up in a 1 person guild.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

I've played a few games that were "complete crap".  No redeeming qualities or fun to be had whatsoever.  Most were flash or mobile games though and I've only played one F2P MMO that fit into this category.  Most at least have something worthwhile about them.

A game cannot be perfect, but some games are about as perfect as you can get.  Mario 64 for it's time is pretty much a perfect game in terms of freedom, balance, pacing, every aspect of it is fun, it's innovative, it's got great depth, etc.  So while people shouldn't talk in absolutes, I don't think kicking people from your guild or even getting upset about it is a good way to go about things.

As for your guild sizes, I somehow doubt that considering I'm almost certain there are member caps in those games and I only know of two guilds that are that large, which are multi-game guilds that extend further than SW:TOR and Rift.  At that point you aren't looking for quality players and are just zerg recruiting though.  In my experience these guilds never accomplish anything aside from being PvP fodder for more organized players.