Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What you like the most and what needs to be improved?!

Out of curiosity! After playing the last beta...What do you love the most about this game, and what could use the most improvement?

Rubber duck is incapable of hate.

" The extinction of Rubber Ducks will bring forth the end of our days. "

Comments

• WarThorWarThor Member UncommonPosts: 41
    lag free in pvp.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    The best thing is the phasing, and the worst thing is areas that don't have enough phasing.  In the PvE areas, there is really no reason for me to see other players at all unless I am grouped with them.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• DaveyColeDaveyCole Member Posts: 85

I like the ambiance of the game such as the music, flora, fauna, weather, architecture, and how the game appears at day and night.

There are a lot of things that need improvement. Mainly the game needs more freedom. Freedom to create any character you want and go wherever you want without class, level, quest, or event restrictions. Hopefully a crime system will be in place before the game releases or people will be stuck with a bunch of "good" characters.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Lots to like but I love fiddling with character skill builds.

But I do want more inventory space or at least separate storage for mats like GW2 does it... and yes' I've given feedback on this at least 10 times now.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• NatjurNatjur Member UncommonPosts: 125

They need to add pet monkeys and the game will be perfect... 

Oh wait, they did that already.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

Is that even a Question?   This game is pure imagination!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g

Tell me this video isn't the best description of what ESO is, right to the last word and place.

Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by CazNeerg
    The best thing is the phasing, and the worst thing is areas that don't have enough phasing.  In the PvE areas, there is really no reason for me to see other players at all unless I am grouped with them.

Not sure if serious.... sarcasm is not always obvious in text.

Dead serious.  I love the phasing in ESO, and the game is clearly designed with the intent that the PvP area is the "real" MMO portion, so why even pretend in the PvE areas that they are anything other than RPG tastiness?

Originally posted by RaSungod

This post may be sarcasm, but he sounds like one of those people who started hanging around this site over the last couple years who, for reasons I can't understand, want mmorpgs to be massively single player online games.

There's quite a few of them around here, actually.

Last couple years?  Check the join date, sonny.  I've always played MMORPGs for the RPG more than the MMO (though I do enjoy aspects of the MMO) and I've been playing them since before that was really a viable preference to have.

The Force shall free me.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I certainly hope he's kidding because the phasing was actually the worst thing I found about the game.  I think there are too few classes and since all classes share the same weapon and armor skills, there needs to be more depth to the classes since they felt the need to implement them. I know skills fuse but this did not offer up a whole lot of depth in my personal opinon.

I liked the story the best. While I don't generally praise games for the lore, I felt ESO's was interesting enough. Can't think of too many other positives at this time.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

I loved the AvA, my experiences were fun and engaging.

Crafting was really something. Great potential as I saw it.

Liked the stealth mechanic for any class.

I didn't really like sorc builds. I always liked specializing in certain elements like frost or shock, and having it restricted to a staff only didn't excite me much. I don't see a DK with a flame staff as the same tbh. 

Still worried about endgame AvA where the majority of 'fun' is in the zerg. Even with examples given and youtube vids, it closely resembles the promises of GW2 and only time will tell if it disproves it or not. 

The phasing bothered me a little when trying to play with friends/guildies. Maybe it'll get fixed but it seems odd to have in some places but not in others.

my two cents, about 1.5 now with the current devaluation of opinions. 

• DaveyColeDaveyCole Member Posts: 85

More classes - the current 4 is not enough. I know what you think - but but weapons and racial skills and guild skills etc... 

Most of those pale in comparison to actual class skills - so more classes would be welcome.

As players figure out the most optimal builds you'll be seeing the same 4 classes running everywhere.

If we had 8 classes at least you' be seeing 8 optimal builds running around.

4 is too few.

It would be great if they got rid of classes entirely, or at least made it so that classes only gave you minor things like a special ability and experience bonuses, instead of forcing you into set paths within a class.

• Doriangray1Doriangray1 Member Posts: 53

Dead serious.  I love the phasing in ESO, and the game is clearly designed with the intent that the PvP area is the "real" MMO portion, so why even pretend in the PvE areas that they are anything other than RPG tastiness?

Originally posted by RaSungod

This post may be sarcasm, but he sounds like one of those people who started hanging around this site over the last couple years who, for reasons I can't understand, want mmorpgs to be massively single player online games.

There's quite a few of them around here, actually.

Last couple years?  Check the join date, sonny.  I've always played MMORPGs for the RPG more than the MMO (though I do enjoy aspects of the MMO) and I've been playing them since before that was really a viable preference to have.

My view is 100% opposite - I woudsl strip all RPG elements and all phasing and make it a kick ass MMO.

Trying to make the game as an ES game  is the biggest hindrance to ESO - if this game had a different IP it would be a much better MMO imo.

Well, they actually removed a class called the " Warden "!

Rubber duck is incapable of hate.

" The extinction of Rubber Ducks will bring forth the end of our days. "

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I think in this game I'll be rolling a female, because the male run animation is horrible. I know it's not a major thing, but I'm very picky when it comes to run animation hehe

My view is 100% opposite - I woudsl strip all RPG elements and all phasing and make it a kick ass MMO.

Trying to make the game as an ES game  is the biggest hindrance to ESO - if this game had a different IP it would be a much better MMO imo. 

It is a kick-ass MMO; if you like PvP.  The PvP and PvE areas are, in many ways, fundamentally different games.  Obviously the ideal would be for every aspect of the game to kick ass as both MMO and RPG, but fully kicking one half of the ass on the PvE side while fully kicking the other half of the ass on the PvP side is still a lot more than most games get right.

The Force shall free me.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

It is a kick-ass MMO; if you like PvP.  The PvP and PvE areas are, in many ways, fundamentally different games.  Obviously the ideal would be for every aspect of the game to kick ass as both MMO and RPG, but fully kicking one half of the ass on the PvE side while fully kicking the other half of the ass on the PvP side is still a lot more than most games get right.

When I get my ass kicked, I like it to be on both cheeks. Spreads the pain out evenly. 

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175

I didn't really find to many things to not like about it besides a few buggy quests and stability issues on Saturday night. Both I'm sure they will get a handle on if they haven't already in the latest build.

The PvE/Questing is pretty fun and I kept just running around exploring more than anything. I  would set off in a direction to go to a quest marker and then 20 minutes later find myself off in the opposite direction nowhere near where I was initially headed lol. I didn't really do any of the 4 man instanced dungeons, I did do a couple where I needed to group with one other person to take down a harder mob I died trying to solo many times. Can't really comment too much on group content. 

I like the crafting. I always like to craft in every game I play though but their system is nice, I like to be self sufficient and make everything myself so I plan on crafting a lot. I wish there was more bank space, the bank gets filled up really really fast if you have more than one character putting crafting mats in it. I just may be a hoarder though :P 

The PvP was pretty damn fun also. Got into some large battles and died many times over extending. The choke point battles were nice and reminded me a lot of DAoC days fighting at the gates. Defended, took over and lost a couple keep battles, all fun as well. I did only one quest in Cyrodiil, it was a scout quest at some lumber yard our alliance already owned so it was pretty easy. Ran around solo for a bit and got the drop on a few unsuspecting travelers which was fun. Also died a lot making bad decisions :) overall the PvP felt great and gives a nice size map to fight some huge battles on while also giving plenty of room for small groups to make some strategic moves behind the main forces. 

Skill system is nice. I like how it feels like you are making progress with your character even if you aren't reaching the next level when you do a quest and get an unexpected skill point or find that third skyshard and get another skill point. Lots of options to put points into to really mold your character many kinds of potential builds.

Combat is fine, I never had a problem with it or the animations. I can see what some people are talking about with the floaty non-impact feel with the melee and glad to see they are changing it in that patch.  Archery is kind of boring though, I made a Bosmer Archer and really never got into liking using the bow but I did it anyway, will probably not make one when game launches though. I like that blocking is more than just a emote and you need to use it. Overall the combat was fun for me.

I can't think of anything in particular that I would improve on in the game off hand. I enjoyed everything I did during the weekends I got in the game. I guess running through the intro escape and starter islands were a bit long for alts but not as bad as some people made them out to be. Glad you can skip them but knowing myself I will go back and do them again for the skyshards and skill points anway .lol

The game seems pretty solid for the little time I played it over the past few beta weekend stress tests. Its still to early to say I hate anything because I haven't experienced everything yet. Time will tell.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

I love the fact that I can discover new quests by venturing out...or finding a chest I need to pick the lock on.   Love the atmosphere and the fact that I can go into most houses/buildings.  I like that many of the things you see in the world can either be used to craft or be killed to give fishing bait.  

What I don't like is the lack of synergy in the combat skills.  Maybe I didnt get far enough into it, but it felt like each combat skill was it's own seperate attack, rather than a collection of attacks that work together.  Another issue is the starter zone...it's atrocious and should be taken out of the game.  

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I enjoy exploring and wondering around more than anything.  I'm really impressed with crafting and I'm typically not the crafting type at all.  It's nice having a crafting system where I don't have to make a ton of crap I don't want before making the stuff I want.  

I would like to see a bard archetype skill line of some sort added in time.  Would also like a camping skill line.  Something along the lines of ranger camps from SWG.  Basically function as a mobile buffing, crafting, or even rezzing station if advanced far enough. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

Good: Build depth. The min max warriors will try and destroy this but what I have a feeling there will be a point of over max that allows builds to work at most levels even if they aren't super linear and hyper focused.

Bad: Nothing really. I'd prefer a different system for the lock picking. I didn't see any skill in it. More a matter of spamming for latency and RnG on when you release. I did it and saw others do it in video and the 'wobble' that indicates the release was 50/50 a best. Add in the whole pitch, honing stone farming aspect of enhanced crafting. They seem to be all coming from loot gear and none from crafted that is returned to material. I can't make a proper decision on that though because I didn't have a chance to enchant gear and then break it down. Point being, I want to be able to manufacture those parts. Even if it's exposed to the RnG of break down.

• kkarrabbasskkarrabbass Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Doriangray1

Out of curiosity! After playing the last beta...What do you love the most about this game, and what could use the most improvement?

I found the way resources distributed in different areas of the game to be a limited thinking result.

As my understanding the game intention to give you some kind of freedom in your decisions.

For me it means you can develop any of your skills according to your own plan.

You might  get to Cyrodiil first, and only after that start developing of your crafting skills.

But what a surprise, you can’t. You will not find wood and ore of level you can start with. Go back?  Why? isn't more prudent solution to put some there?

More than that (according to my experience, which could be limited) you can only find one type of wood and one type of ore.

I do not know will it be the same way in other zones, but I suspect it will.

I would really like to see variety of different resources of different levels in all zones. Crafting experience shouldn’t be bound to fighting experience (this is what those zones are). Nothing wrong if you cannot gather all resources in your zone. There always be someone else.

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by achesoma

.  Would also like a camping skill line.  Something along the lines of ranger camps from SWG.  Basically function as a mobile buffing, crafting, or even rezzing station if advanced far enough. 

They do have the mobile rezzing tents in pvp. Forward Tents can be placed on the ground to rez 20 players of your faction.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Actually i agree with Caz...  I just love how it feels when the world changes around me..

But its also the area that needs most changes and improvements to make it perfect...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Reticulata
    Originally posted by achesoma

.  Would also like a camping skill line.  Something along the lines of ranger camps from SWG.  Basically function as a mobile buffing, crafting, or even rezzing station if advanced far enough. 

They do have the mobile rezzing tents in pvp. Forward Tents can be placed on the ground to rez 20 players of your faction.

Actually I love that. Need reinforcements? Plop down a tent and the dead from everywhere in the zone will come and add to your numbers :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

More schools of magic which are not bound to staffs better animation.

I liked that i got to play the whole es universe in one package

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Really there are a lot of things I like and don't like about the game, but I'll just stick with the major ones.

Pro:

1. Phasing.  I like to be able to change the world around me.  I saved a village and it's no long burning down, or people turned to stone, etc.  It becomes and actual village.

2. Crafting.  While not the deepest I've ever played, it's deep enough.  The thing that has me excited about crafting is the usefulness of it.  I truly hope they always keep it the way it is, where the best gear comes from crafting or being really lucky or bosses.  I don't know why more MMOs don't make crafting more important.

3. PvP.  Even though I usually hate PvP and do poorly.  In ESO, I was still having a blast running around with people trying to overpower other groups.  I probably died about 1,000 times in Cyrodiil already, but it's the most fun I've had from that many deaths since DAoC lol.

4. Community.  Overall, those in the Beta have been helpful (myself included), and more light-hearted than other games.  If there's a bug or something, you'll find players still having a good time making fun of it.

5.  Exploration.  Finding Skyshards, Quests, Crafting Camps, and a multitude of other things is a fun thing to do in and of itself.  Although most of the quests are your same old same old, they don't "feel" like it.  With the voice acting, which is much better than SWTOR imho,  the npc might tell me to go kill 10 ghosts, but I have a sense of duty to go kill those 10 ghosts even if I wasn't asked.

Cons:

1. Phasing.  I know this is on the Pro list, but it can also be a Con.  When I enter a dungeon that noone else can, not even my friends, it can be very frustrating and break the immersion a bit.  It's funny, I can see the arrow over their head, but nobody is home XD

2.  Balance.  Some classes are just plain better than others.  Especially some classes when combined with a certain weapon type or build (all you dragonknights with staves!).  It's inevitable that some players will find the min/max best way to make a class, and really there's little that can be done without making it so you can't choose your weapon or skills lol, and that's much worse of a Con.

3.  Graphics Variety.  The problem really isn't the graphics themselves, but the lack of variety.  It seems that from level 1-20, everyone looks the same.  It's nothing major really, but I just seem to notice a lot of people that look a lot like me lol.

4. Stability.  In earlier Beta Weekends, this wasn't much of a problem.  I think before the last beta weekend, I only crashed three times.  This past weekend I did so maybe 30 times.  I don't think it's anything to do with coding, it's more about there were too many people playing or something.  It seemed to only happen in large groups of players (pvp or in towns).  Nothing breaks immersion more than to be running a long and without warning you get an error message.

5. Lag.  This kind of ties into number 4, but I wanted to make it separate, because I think it's a whole separate problem.  Since they're putting everyone on a single "mega-server"  I've noticed periodically there will be some lag.  With my internet connection (and how much I pay for it), I should almost never lag lol.  I've played other games with 4 others online playing with me at the same time, and nobody got over 60ms ping...