Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes Problems

2»

Comments

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Notimeforbs

that's all any class in any MMO is.

That is of course not true.

So you're saying the classes in TESO are different than classes in other MMO's....

How?

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Originally posted by whisperwynd
    No they don't. All weapons use stamina.

http://esohead.com/skills?line=33#category:2;line:33

This is for the destruction staff, the resto also uses stam.

Either they changed it in later builds(beta weekend build was dated) or there is an error on the site.

In beta weekend, staves indded used Mana as their resource pool.

Imo, it is just an error on the site.

I was in beta this past weekend as well and I remember it using stam as my templar was healing in AvA and using my dest staff when out of magicka so dunno what to tell you.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I was in beta this past weekend as well and I remember it using stam as my templar was healing in AvA and using my dest staff when out of magicka so dunno what to tell you.

You remember wrong.

• whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

You remember wrong.

Guess i did at that. As I said in previous posts, it happens from time to time.  Thanks for the clarification. My memory isn't what it used to be....image

• LagKingBongLagKingBong Member Posts: 54

Maybe the term "mage" is just too general a term to effectively represent any build but pure non-physical magic skills. I consider my main on the test server a lightning/healer mage because :

1. Sorcerer

2. No Fighters Guild or any non-physical skills used

3. Both slots are staves

4. All my skills are directly lightning to enemy damage, or healing AoE skills.

My night blade is anything but: (even though some were magicka-based)

1. Dual wield - dps is very nice with passives

2. Teleport strike helps make up the distance and can be spammed

3. Bow + syphon as secondary skillset - Snipe is going to be buffed and very good to use in AvA

4. Most mage builds were pretty easy to resist well on my Breton with light armor (passives abused)

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by whisperwyndGuess i did at that. As I said in previous posts, it happens from time to time.  Thanks
    for the clarification. My memory isn't what it used to be....

The problem is likely apparent and I am still puzzled that devs went forward with this design "flaw".

As the game is, you are able to max out 2 resource stats out of 3 avaiable. Health scales the best and then there it is no brainer to pump the rest into your magica as magica based skills/builds provide more utility, damage as well as sustainability.

It is way more advantageous to pump your magica and leave your stamina resource for cc ultity/defense weapon skills and dodge + cc break.

There is no point in stamina/melee builds as they are terribly ineffective by design.

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Are you sure about that?  I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm genuinely curious.

Yep, staves use magica as their resource.

They use magicka for the skills and nothing for the auto/heavy attack... the website is wrong. It`s also showing the mage guild abilities as using stamina btw.... that is also wrong.

EDIT: The website is also wrong on a lot of other things... especially some of the damage values.

EDIT2: Also, nobody knows how the endgame will be... or well at least i don`t....

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by weston101
    Ok i love eso the story the graphics it's great at least what my old computer can do, but my biggest problem is the class system over all seem to limit me and that is not what elder scrolls games are, ok i don't mind the 3 sub class break down in a class but love the class system and let us pick and chose from the 12 sub class system thier is, so we can play the way we want,

The class system is a simple form of multi-classing.  Basically it just gives you an innate class that you will always be able to mix in with your weapon skills.

You can be every single role in the game regardless of your class.  Every class can be:

- A melee DPS

- Ranged bow DPS

- Ranged magical DPS

- A tank

- A healer

The classes give you some extra flavour options to do these, or to add some simple multi-classing into the mix. 

Personally I would have preferred if class skills were something everyone could learn, akin to the guilds. But saying you cant play the way you want because of the class system is silly. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by LagKingBong

My night blade is anything but: (even though some were magicka-based)

1. Dual wield - dps is very nice with passives

2. Teleport strike helps make up the distance and can be spammed

3. Bow + syphon as secondary skillset - Snipe is going to be buffed and very good to use in AvA

4. Most mage builds were pretty easy to resist well on my Breton with light armor (passives abused)

I made my Nightblade into a health siphoning blood mage / healer.  The skill system in this game is kind of neat, although I wish the spell effects were better.  

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by alexhpy98721

Are you sure about that?  I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, I'm genuinely curious.

Yep, staves use magica as their resource.

They use magicka for the skills and nothing for the auto/heavy attack... the website is wrong. It`s also showing the mage guild abilities as using stamina btw.... that is also wrong.

This is the correct information, as anyone who has actually played the game and used these skills can confirm.  Vampire skills also use magika, not stamina.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

You remember wrong.

Guess i did at that. As I said in previous posts, it happens from time to time.  Thanks for the clarification. My memory isn't what it used to be....image

Basic and strong attacks with any weapon use no resources --  neither stamina nor magika. But the skills from the weapon line that you can put points into use stamina for all melee weapons and the bow and magika for those from any type of staff.

Which is one f the reasons for the popularity of the bow with some mage builds: it's the only ranged weapon that uses stamina so it's handy that way.

Mind you, going all magika with abilities and weapons is not as tough as I initially thought. - at least as a Sorcerer wearing cloth. There are lots of passives that increase mana pool and decrease cost of abilities and many abilities themselves can be morphed to return mana.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I know passive for weapons are only effective when that type of weapon is used but I'm curious as to the armor passives.

If a player has passives in light and heavy armor and gears up in heavy for all slot save 1 which would have light, would that would trigger the passives for light and heavy?

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by Digna

I know passive for weapons are only effective when that type of weapon is used but I'm curious as to the armor passives.

If a player has passives in light and heavy armor and gears up in heavy for all slot save 1 which would have light, would that would trigger the passives for light and heavy?

Yes. Most scale with how many pieces you are wearing. 1 piece light would only give you a slight boost with the passives. It is easy to hit diminishing returns anyway so likely most classes do not require all of one type of armor.

You stay sassy!