Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Worth playing if I have no interest in RvR pvp?

rokfordrokford KrakPosts: 3Member Uncommon

Hi guys

Ive got a question to beta testers or just anyone with some knowledge about ESO:

Im wondering if I should take any interest in this game if:

1) I really don't like the whole RvR PVP style and probably won't participate in it

2) I really like challenging small/medium size group content that cannot be zerged

Is endgame in ESO all about big scale RvR pvp? Are there any harder dungeons or anything similar?

Because so far it looks like its just solo (and group-unfriendly, which concerns me the most) content and mass pvp.

Comments

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,616Member Uncommon

Yes, there are dungeons and they aren't a cakewalk. When you can get into veteran dungeons @ 50, there will also be new areas of the dungeon that open up. There are also "Adventure Zones" @ 50 that are tuned for group and raids... no one knows much about those yet. 

The only grouping issues people are talking about is when trying to group for solo quests. Sometimes - not always - the phasing system gets in the way when the quest instance is designed for solo play.

As far as RvR PVP goes, don't think large battles is all there is to do in Cyrodiil. The zone is frigging humongous. Lots of room there for solo or small group PVE and PVP if you want it.

• paul43paul43 OsloPosts: 120Member Uncommon

There are dungeons, and the first ones at lvl 12-15 have strategy involved. Most games don't have dungeons with strategy at all at that level range. I'm not sure how smart it is to have "hard" dungeons so early, but we'll see I guess.

When I first saw the ability list in the game I thought it would be impossible to nerf your character, but after 15 pug dungeon runs, I'm sure it's still possible to nerf your character. Some teams just cant get a boss down no matter what while other teams kill he same boss in seconds. 

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,616Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by paul43

There are dungeons, and the first ones at lvl 12-15 have strategy involved. Most games don't have dungeons with strategy at all at that level range. I'm not sure how smart it is to have "hard" dungeons so early, but we'll see I guess.

When I first saw the ability list in the game I thought it would be impossible to nerf your character, but after 15 pug dungeon runs, I'm sure it's still possible to nerf your character. Some teams just cant get a boss down no matter what while other teams kill he same boss in seconds. 

I had run the Banished Cells a couple of times before and I ran it tonight with 3 first timers. It took me a while to convince them that for the final boss a) you have to kill (twice) the healing balls that come toward him and 2, anyone can block his 2-hd strong attack as well as the spell that he fires off at a random player just after that.

People are so used to having just the tank worry about blocks and interrupts that they're just not used to it.

After 4 or 5 wipes they finally listened and we beat him down without anyone's health going down below 1/2. They were all ecstatic that they managed to do it.

It ain't that hard really...once you learn this particular very active and mobile style of combat.

• free2playfree2play Toronto, ONPosts: 1,868Member Uncommon

I took 3 characters to level 5. I didn't even leave the noob Islands but based on the size of those, the war in Cryodill can do what the war in Cryodill wants. You can be a part of it or ignore it completely. There doesn't seem to be the golden child syndrome in Tamriel. As much attention was placed on the experience of the lone wolf as was placed on the armies of Tamriel.

It will be hard for Zenimax to keep this up and not play favorites but for now, we all seem to be on priority list. Yes, you could have fun in ESO with just a hand full of adventurers in a corner of the world.