Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Internet Speed: 100.0 Mbps - Enough for Rvr?

time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
My Internet Speed is 100.0 Mbps - Is this enough for Rvr?

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.

Comments

• TanarisTanaris Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Are you kidding? 8 Mbps are sufficient for MMORPGs! What is more important is your ping or more pecisely the "round trip time" (RTT). It determines how long a data package needs to travel from the source to the server. Sorry to tell you this, but you won't have too much influence on this parameter.
  • redbugredbug Member UncommonPosts: 175
    It isn't your system that's the issue, it's server side. Hopefully they fix the lag issues before the next beta.
  • QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,347

1)  It's unlikely that you get 100 Mbps to actual online stuff.  You may be looking at your LAN speed, i.e., the bandwidth between your computer and a router sitting a few feet away from your computer.

2)  If a steady 1 Mbps isn't a fast enough Internet connection, they're going to find the market for their game rather smaller than they hoped.

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103
    Yeah that's pleanty.  I think you meant kb/s.    Almost all MMORPG's are around 5-10 kb/s actually.
  • PuffingtonPuffington Member Posts: 35
    Originally posted by Knotwood

LMAO,  what a brag post, how much does that 100 cost you every month, must be outrageous.

It's not that bad for some. Here 100mb internet package costs you 110$ month. Granted you rarely ever see above 20mb/s speeds because most people aren't pushing 100mb uploads
  • jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643
    Originally posted by redbug
    It isn't your system that's the issue, it's server side. Hopefully they fix the lag issues before the next beta.

They still have issues today?

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062

I'm not bragging.  I'm playing in china.  it costs me like 15 bucks a month.  but I don't know how to find the exact amount.  what is the normal figure I would need to play this game?  I see a screenshot that say:

Broadband connection status

ipv4 connectivity

ipv6 connectivity

Media STate

Duration

Speed:  100 mbps

So how do I find the real speed if its not 100mbps.  I doubt it is cuz im paying 15 bucks.  the most I've been able to down load online has been like 1 - 1.4 mb's on torrents.  how much is needed for this game?

EDIT: mind you this was in Chinese: but the lady at the internet shop said my connect was 1.5 mb. So should I get 3 MB? Is that fast enough? Some guy above mentioned 8 MBs??? whats the proper amount to have sufficient speed to play? don't laugh at my 1.5 mb connection haha

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

I wonder if he got the M and the K mixed up?

and as a side note, your transfer rate has very little to do with latency. Its all about the ping and less about transfer speeds.

that being said, the real question is can you RvR from China connecting to a NA or EU server?  To that, I have to ask what is your ping/latency to the server you connect to?

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    oooookkkkk then.  my 1.5 mb connection sucks.  no wonder its 15 bucks a month!!!!!!! i'm upgrading this to the highest they got, under 30 bucks.  I hope 3 - 5mb will do for ESO.

• I distinctly remember OP dying to a dragon when I was a teenager.

• AzmodeusAzmodeus Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Originally posted by time007

I'm not bragging.  I'm playing in china.  it costs me like 15 bucks a month.  but I don't know how to find the exact amount.  what is the normal figure I would need to play this game?  I see a screenshot that say:

Broadband connection status

ipv4 connectivity

ipv6 connectivity

Media STate

Duration

Speed:  100 mbps

So how do I find the real speed if its not 100mbps.  I doubt it is cuz im paying 15 bucks.  the most I've been able to down load online has been like 1 - 1.4 mb's on torrents.  how much is needed for this game?

EDIT: mind you this was in Chinese: but the lady at the internet shop said my connect was 1.5 mb. So should I get 3 MB? Is that fast enough? Some guy above mentioned 8 MBs??? whats the proper amount to have sufficient speed to play? don't laugh at my 1.5 mb connection haha

100 mbps is your local area network speed to the switch and/or router.

OMG I am Ancient!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Puffington
    Originally posted by Knotwood
    LMAO,  what a brag post, how much does that 100 cost you every month, must be outrageous.

It's not that bad for some. Here 100mb internet package costs you 110$ month. Granted you rarely ever see above 20mb/s speeds because most people aren't pushing 100mb uploads

Overhere in Jolland i have 120 mbps and pay like €20 a month... No max dowload limit..

bandwith however is not the problem...  I played eq just fine on a 28.8 kbps connection from the caribean..  

More important is your pins to the servers, and your ISPs QOS settings... Good ISPs give your game packages a higher priority then other stuff they route..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)