Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Need someone who bought the original and now plays ARR to answer a question.

RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 3,498Member Uncommon

This isn't for me specifically, I never played the original, but a buddy of mine just recently purchased the CE Digital from Steam and he had previously owned the Standard Edition. He used his old account and email to apply the new CE Digital key but it's still saying he owns the Standard Edition, so he has none of the extra benefits.

My question is this. For those who bought the original FF14 game, did they have to buy the game AGAIN? or were you guys given access to the new ARR game when it launched?

Comments

• moguy2moguy2 Saint Peters, MOPosts: 337Member
    You were given access since you were a registered owner of 14
  • RhoklawRhoklaw Ft. Bliss, TXPosts: 3,498Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by moguy2
    You were given access since you were a registered owner of 14

So you didn't have to purchase the game AGAIN? In which case, by him applying the CE edition key to his old email and account he had with SE, would that be an issue? I know with WoW, you can have multiple accounts with same email but they have to have separate account names.

• JemAs666JemAs666 Wylie, TXPosts: 144Member Uncommon
    No.  they could have paid $20 and upgraded the standard to digital CE, but didn't need to buy the game again.
    Ok, this whole thing is just messed up. Now he's telling me he had to repurchase the game cause his original FF14 standard edition was "registered" on his laptop and he's telling me he couldn't redownload the game on his desktop because it was already registered to his laptop. I've never heard of an MMO that you couldn't redownload the game if you already had an account, regardless of what computer you registered it with.

• IkedaIkeda Largo, FLPosts: 2,205Member Uncommon
    Your friend is either pulling your leg... or an idiot.

SWTOR: F2P or Premium? Want Galactic Strongholds early? http://www.swtor.com/r/LbMdN7 Use the referral for 7 days of subscriber access. Unlock your GS today!

• PulsarManPulsarMan Tampa, FLPosts: 289Member

It's not tied to any kind of hardware. If he lost the account he had his original copy registered with, then I could see having to buy a new copy. But the account he created when he originally purchased the game is still valid. 

Originally posted by Ikeda
    Your friend is either pulling your leg... or an idiot.

As of right now, I'm thinking it's the latter but then again, it's quite possible he not only got screwed over once, but twice now. Anyways, thanks for all your responses and help with the matter.

Well, guess he's giving up on this for now, cause he saw NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 3 Full Burst on 40% off on Steam and decided that's more important.