Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO freezes for no reason

WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Hello

I loged to TESO like hour ago, I created new char and played for like 1 min, then suddenly the client froze and I had to shut it down. Ok np. But then again the same thing after playing another few mins but this time my whole PC froze and I had to reset and then it happend 2-3 more times. This didnt happen to me in TESO last 2 betas, this dont happen to me in other games at the moment also, not in WoW, not in DayZ, Lol or few NDA ones :D

MY PC: msi 7970, intel 2600k, 8gb ram, windows 8.1. 

I dont know what is the problem so I am tryeing to completly reinstal the game, because I did install TESO EU verson week ago, and today changed it to US so i can play beta. It is not also any temperature problem, I use watercooling and I am checking my temps all the time.

Any ideas?

Comments

• morgawrmorgawr Member UncommonPosts: 7
    This is a know issue and they are working on a fix. It is addresses in a set of patch notes.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    If that happens just fill out the report crash card and be as descriptive as you can. I believe it's under some serious load right now. I have seen a few crashes myself and when I'm questing there are people appearing and vanishing all over.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Good and I am just downloading the freaking game again :D it would be fast cause I usually download 10-11mb/s but their servers are loaded as hell and I am downloading sooo slow :D nwm

THank you for respond guys, thought something was wrong with my PC :D

But I am planning to upgrade near summer to 4770k and new motherboard ... in case :D :D

GL in game, laters

I thought it was my PC also, I was the only person i knew with problem so i downloaded again, rolled back video driver, and checked sound card drivers.  Here is link for all patch notes (0.18 not currently in beta) and quote.

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/1yso0g/upcoming_v018_patchnotes/

"For some people, the game will freeze for 4-6 (actually 4-11 or so) seconds at irregular intervals. During this time nothing updates – the screen locks until it comes back from this issue. If you have your task manager open you will see the CPU go to 100%. We are aware of this issue. We don’t have a fix yet, but we’re working on getting a fix out for it as soon as possible."

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Welcome to beta;)
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Whew, glad that isn't happening to me, must be cause I have a 2+ year old gaming laptop, all you folks with your newfangled hardware are suffering.  image

(of course, I'm only on the starter island)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• oldboygameroldboygamer Member Posts: 139
    Rather than shut it down, if you're in game type /stuck. You'll die but at least you'll still be in the game.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

im haveing a issue where everytime i talk to someone when the interaction menu is gone, your still zoomed in on NPC and you stuck there, unless you do one of a few tricks

/stuck 

or sometimes eting food works.

this is getting annoying cuase i am haveing to die everytime i talk to someone basicly, which is highly annoying.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Don't mean to be cheeky but this is far more useful on the beta forums. Or wait, does everyone have access to beta forums this time or did they lock people out again?

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Don't mean to be cheeky but this is far more useful on the beta forums. Or wait, does everyone have access to beta forums this time or did they lock people out again?

to be honest i didnt even try this time since i aint been able to get in yet.

i did send in a detailed bug report though.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

Use /reloadui and it will take you back to game.
  • MystlynxMystlynx Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Squeak69

im haveing a issue where everytime i talk to someone when the interaction menu is gone, your still zoomed in on NPC and you stuck there, unless you do one of a few tricks

/stuck 

or sometimes eting food works.

this is getting annoying cuase i am haveing to die everytime i talk to someone basicly, which is highly annoying.

When you have this problem, type /reloadui into the chat box and you will get a quick loading screen and be back in business.  I have encountered this often in previous beta weekends.  Only caution, I haven't been on yet today, so don't know if anything has changed that could make this not be a solution.