Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Grouping and soloing for everyone

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

 

I have posted this two or three times in other threads, but it allways got drowned and never got anyone to react on it.  I think this is something that would make everyone happy

 

Some people complain about the dozens of people running around in the ancient thomb that just was discovered.  Others complain about how grouping not works in the world of soloquesting. While others just love most of the open world dungeons

 

in the settings tab they should add a default setting for prefered type of quest dungeon..

1) solo...  You enter the dungeon/instance/phase solo, and need to fight trough it all alone

2) grouped...  The dungeon content is harder and aimed at a 4 man group, bring your own friends

3) coop .. The dungeon content is harder and aimed at a group, you are grouped with the next 3 persons entering the dungeon.

4) open world...  Which is as it is now

5) choice...  You get the above 4 options to choose from every time you enter a dungeon..

this should make everyone hapy and the mega server technollogy just seems perfect for things like this.. If they have the resources to do it, it should not be that hard to program as long as the dungeons allow for some scaling..  Just wondering how you guys feel about this?  

 

 

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

«1

Comments

  • ElElyonElElyon Posts: 194Member Uncommon

    I thought of this exact thing, I love the idea.

    One of my biggest complaints for this game is when I enter an instance to do a quest and there are 7 other people in there and they killed everything and all I have to do is run to my objective and run out. BORING!

    I would love a button that says "make all my instances solo" so I would get the full experience of the quest and if its to hard I can zone out and flip the switch to "make it grouped" and zone back in.

    I'm not sure how hard it would be on the servers if we all had our own instanced dungeons though so not sure if its possible.

  • evilizedevilized columbus, OHPosts: 564Member Uncommon
    LDON
  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member
    No, they already differentiate content, you as the player are welcome to participate or not in any of said content.  Funny how people can't handle making simple decisions, they want everything available at all times, not going to happen, welcome to reality.  This game is going to have things you don't like...accept it.
  • VidirVidir GothenburgPosts: 944Member Uncommon
    When the gamemakers start to reward all kinds of gameplay alike I will gladly return and pay subscription fee for playing their games.
  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member
    Nothing in life is fair, nothing.  Once you accept that you'll stop whining ;).
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

    Originally posted by evilized
    LDON

    Lost Dungeons of norath... Never played them as i left EQ in 2001 for DAoC and never looked back, i cherish the good memmories of the old days when i think back about EQ...

    Originally posted by Vidir
    When the gamemakers start to reward all kinds of gameplay alike I will gladly return and pay subscription fee for playing their games.

    This says enough... 

    Originally posted by Scrye777
    Nothing in life is fair, nothing.  Once you accept that you'll stop whining ;).

    Nothing is fair, and i willl accept the game as it is and enjoy it...  But since its this easy to make everyone happy, i dont get your attitude...  I dont take away anything from anyone and give others precisely what they ask for.... I think espescially in yhe ESO game this would make a lot of sense

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member

    My point was, it is impossible to make everyone happy.  So only an insane dev group would even try that, best bet is to pick a direction, go with it and hope what you create is accepted by enough people to make it a success.

     

     

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scrye777

    My point was, it is impossible to make everyone happy.  So only an insane dev group would even try that, best bet is to pick a direction, go with it and hope what you create is accepted by enough people to make it a success.

     

     

    You severely miss the point.....   I never said a solution like this would make everyone happy.. We both know that such a thing will never happen.... What i am suggesting is a quite easy sollution that would adress two major complaints withouth requiring a lot of work... And most importantly not taking anything away from anyone..

     

    I think if you can make some people happy with a little work, without taking anything away from others... And even adding a lot of diversity to the game.... You should allways do so it will help the longlevity of the game and keep people happy longer..

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • MagiknightMagiknight McKinleyville, CAPosts: 782Member
    Nope. It's an MMO. Open world dungeon where everyone has access to it in the same time/ place is the only way to go.
  • MagiknightMagiknight McKinleyville, CAPosts: 782Member
    And this is where things get crazy. I haven't played ESO but every MMO I have played in the last decade had instanced dungeons. So now comes the only MMO I know of with open world dungeons, which I love, and everyone starts crying about it? Come on there are DOZENS of MMOs with the instanced dungeons you love. Pick one. Can't we have one MMO with open world dungeons?
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    And this is where things get crazy. I haven't played ESO but every MMO I have played in the last decade had instanced dungeons. So now comes the only MMO I know of with open world dungeons, which I love, and everyone starts crying about it? Come on there are DOZENS of MMOs with the instanced dungeons you love. Pick one. Can't we have one MMO with open world dungeons?

    Guess again... Its not open world dungeons.... These dungeons are all part of solo personal story experiences... You often cant even get in if you are not on the right step of a quest....  There is nothing truely open world about most of them...

     

    i am a big fan of true open world dungeons, but these just arent...    In this time open world dungeons should have open world objectives, but in this game there is only a single solo objective in these small dungeons and nothing else to archieve

     

    there is also atleast one larger open world dungeon in each zone.... Offcourse all the above does not reflect on those dungeons

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

    Originally posted by evilized
    LDON

    Lost Dungeons of norath... Never played them as i left EQ in 2001 for DAoC and never looked back, i cherish the good memmories of the old days when i think back about EQ...

    Originally posted by Vidir
    When the gamemakers start to reward all kinds of gameplay alike I will gladly return and pay subscription fee for playing their games.

    This says enough... 

    Originally posted by Scrye777
    Nothing in life is fair, nothing.  Once you accept that you'll stop whining ;).

    Nothing is fair, and i willl accept the game as it is and enjoy it...  But since its this easy to make everyone happy, i dont get your attitude...  I dont take away anything from anyone and give others precisely what they ask for.... I think espescially in yhe ESO game this would make a lot of sense

    You said...But since its this easy to make EVERYONE happy,...

    I don't want other players hiding out in instances, splitting the playerbase that I can interact with.  So, as you see it won't make everyone happy, lol.

  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Scrye777

    My point was, it is impossible to make everyone happy.  So only an insane dev group would even try that, best bet is to pick a direction, go with it and hope what you create is accepted by enough people to make it a success.

     

     

    You severely miss the point.....   I never said a solution like this would make everyone happy.. We both know that such a thing will never happen.... What i am suggesting is a quite easy sollution that would adress two major complaints withouth requiring a lot of work... And most importantly not taking anything away from anyone..

     

    I think if you can make some people happy with a little work, without taking anything away from others... And even adding a lot of diversity to the game.... You should allways do so it will help the longlevity of the game and keep people happy longer..

    See above response 

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scrye777
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

    Originally posted by evilized
    LDON

    Lost Dungeons of norath... Never played them as i left EQ in 2001 for DAoC and never looked back, i cherish the good memmories of the old days when i think back about EQ...

    Originally posted by Vidir
    When the gamemakers start to reward all kinds of gameplay alike I will gladly return and pay subscription fee for playing their games.

    This says enough... 

    Originally posted by Scrye777
    Nothing in life is fair, nothing.  Once you accept that you'll stop whining ;).

    Nothing is fair, and i willl accept the game as it is and enjoy it...  But since its this easy to make everyone happy, i dont get your attitude...  I dont take away anything from anyone and give others precisely what they ask for.... I think espescially in yhe ESO game this would make a lot of sense

    You said...But since its this easy to make EVERYONE happy,...

    I don't want other players hiding out in instances, splitting the playerbase that I can interact with.  So, as you see it won't make everyone happy, lol.

    You have got any idea how the mega server handles things... Everyone is allready split up in small instances... Even this weekend when there could be half a million people in your starting zone, you will never see more then a few around.. With mega server technollogy you will not even notice up anything splitting up... Because its allready splitted up, but now it will be splitted up differently, ..... Without anyone noticing it...

     

    the system uses the brilliance of the mega server technollogy

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • ElElyonElElyon Posts: 194Member Uncommon

    Lord, Scry is just trolling you, ignore him.

     

    I still love this idea, and I personally do think this would make EVERYONE happy :)

  • MagiknightMagiknight McKinleyville, CAPosts: 782Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    And this is where things get crazy. I haven't played ESO but every MMO I have played in the last decade had instanced dungeons. So now comes the only MMO I know of with open world dungeons, which I love, and everyone starts crying about it? Come on there are DOZENS of MMOs with the instanced dungeons you love. Pick one. Can't we have one MMO with open world dungeons?

    Guess again... Its not open world dungeons.... These dungeons are all part of solo personal story experiences... You often cant even get in if you are not on the right step of a quest....  There is nothing truely open world about most of them...

     

    i am a big fan of true open world dungeons, but these just arent...    In this time open world dungeons should have open world objectives, but in this game there is only a single solo objective in these small dungeons and nothing else to archieve

     

    there is also atleast one larger open world dungeon in each zone.... Offcourse all the above does not reflect on those dungeons

    Forget everything I said. My mistake

  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member
    I understand how it works.  We already have instanced dungeons and phased questing, we don't need any more places for people to hide.  Play the game the way it is, it's very simple.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Magiknight
    And this is where things get crazy. I haven't played ESO but every MMO I have played in the last decade had instanced dungeons. So now comes the only MMO I know of with open world dungeons, which I love, and everyone starts crying about it? Come on there are DOZENS of MMOs with the instanced dungeons you love. Pick one. Can't we have one MMO with open world dungeons?

    Guess again... Its not open world dungeons.... These dungeons are all part of solo personal story experiences... You often cant even get in if you are not on the right step of a quest....  There is nothing truely open world about most of them...

     

    i am a big fan of true open world dungeons, but these just arent...    In this time open world dungeons should have open world objectives, but in this game there is only a single solo objective in these small dungeons and nothing else to archieve

     

    there is also atleast one larger open world dungeon in each zone.... Offcourse all the above does not reflect on those dungeons

    Forget everything I said. My mistake

    No problem mate...  Hope you get to experience things for yourself soon, as despite little things like this, i personally enjoyed playing it. But there is allways wishes... And sometimes a player that thinks he has a great idea..

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scrye777
    I understand how it works.  We already have instanced dungeons and phased questing, we don't need any more places for people to hide.  Play the game the way it is, it's very simple.

    And exactly that part of the content i am talking about... Nothing else, just that part... And if they improve that part, many will be hapy.....  And for you pr sake,... Some of the final quest dungeons that are now strictly solo, would become groupable with this system, dividing things less then now...

     

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Scrye777
    Originally posted by ElElyon

    Lord, Scry is just trolling you, ignore him.

     

    I still love this idea, and I personally do think this would make EVERYONE happy :)

    [mod edit]

    Well... His postcount certainly indicates he is new on these boards.... And his first post indicates he never got a chance to playtest yet which makes me wonder if he clearly understood what i meant with my proposal..

     

    But  Discussing arguments never hurts does it?

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

  • aesperusaesperus Hamshire, NVPosts: 5,128Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

     

    I have posted this two or three times in other threads, but it allways got drowned and never got anyone to react on it.  I think this is something that would make everyone happy

     

    Some people complain about the dozens of people running around in the ancient thomb that just was discovered.  Others complain about how grouping not works in the world of soloquesting. While others just love most of the open world dungeons

     

    in the settings tab they should add a default setting for prefered type of quest dungeon..

    1) solo...  You enter the dungeon/instance/phase solo, and need to fight trough it all alone

    2) grouped...  The dungeon content is harder and aimed at a 4 man group, bring your own friends

    3) coop .. The dungeon content is harder and aimed at a group, you are grouped with the next 3 persons entering the dungeon.

    4) open world...  Which is as it is now

    5) choice...  You get the above 4 options to choose from every time you enter a dungeon..

    this should make everyone hapy and the mega server technollogy just seems perfect for things like this.. If they have the resources to do it, it should not be that hard to program as long as the dungeons allow for some scaling..  Just wondering how you guys feel about this?  

    Not a bad idea!

  • lordtwistedlordtwisted Redding, CAPosts: 577Member
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Scrye777
    Originally posted by ElElyon

    Lord, Scry is just trolling you, ignore him.

     

    I still love this idea, and I personally do think this would make EVERYONE happy :)

    [mod edit]

    Well... His postcount certainly indicates he is new on these boards.... And his first post indicates he never got a chance to playtest yet which makes me wonder if he clearly understood what i meant with my proposal..

     

    But  Discussing arguments never hurts does it?

    His post count should not have any effect on the legitimacy of his opinion....However, if he has not even played the game then his opinion on the game is already negated on this topic.

    Not so nice guy!

  • Scrye777Scrye777 Bristol, INPosts: 13Member

    So Twisted I'll assume you haven't beaten with a bat before but if someone wanted to do that to you according to your logic your opinion shouldn't matter, after all you don't know what's it like, you haven't experienced it, you saying no is just a rash decision based on absolute nonsense.  Some of us are intelligent enough to know what a bad idea is when we see it.  Private instancing beyond what has already been provided is a TERRIBLE idea, mmorpgs require interactive populations and this particular one requires large amounts of people pvping TOGETHER, this is not a lobby game.

    A large % of people posting here should not play MMORPGS, it is not the genre for you.

  • rygard49rygard49 Huntington Beach, CAPosts: 975Member

    It's not really an easy fix, if you're suggesting that they have to rebalance NPCs in the dungeons in order to make them a challenge for a Duo/Group. I also think that more often than not people will pick the solo path when given that option, and that belittles what it is to be playing an MMO.

  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by rygard49

    It's not really an easy fix, if you're suggesting that they have to rebalance NPCs in the dungeons in order to make them a challenge for a Duo/Group. I also think that more often than not people will pick the solo path when given that option, and that belittles what it is to be playing an MMO.

    If they have a modern engine, rebalancing content  for player level or group size should just be a matter of touching a few sliders..  And not reprogramming every single mob for such a feature..

    Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

«1
Sign In or Register to comment.