Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay Away from Massively

13»

Comments

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

Could it possibly be that the forum-going, blog-commenting, jaded bittervets are ranting themselves into irrelevance?

Take our very own forums for example.

• If a dev comes here, are they met with any level of respect?
    • Do we ask questions of them or do we interrogate them?
    • Does it seem like the crowd here is anxious to learn about a game or anxious to rip apart a game?

Is it possible that the avid MMO gamer - the self-proclaimed 'veteran' or 'old school' MMO gamer - is being passed over by some developers in favor of interaction with and messaging in a far less hostile environment to a far more receptive audience?

Well said sir..Well said..

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• poyozopoyozo Member UncommonPosts: 33
    Could this be that the post is two years old and you guys have no idea whats really happening?
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

It doesn't matter what she says, it is how she says it.

Everything that comes out of her mouth makes her sound like "a you know what".

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

OP is kidding right? Massively has an article ever minute about ESO it seems. 

This was posted 42 minutes ago 

Massively - The Elder Scrolls Online explores the creation of its music

Massively is heck of a news site in my opinion. They tend to have more in depth game articles. Mmorpg you get less news, but much more entertaining forums. image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    Originally posted by kanechart

I just noticed was another post talking about them not sure on the subscription model yet their very sure on it... Massively despises ESO proven in this article by the editor-in-chief

http://skycandy.org/2012/06/taking-us-for-granted/ 

Sum it up Massively did not get a complementary bottle and now their out to cause more harm then good towards ESO.

Better chance at getting an honest review by a place willing to do things like this than getting one from one of the massive amounts of buttkissing sites that wont say jack in hope not risking losing advertising dollars........at least not until 5+ months after release.

Look at how many games were praised here until long after release and then, its like, well, oops on us.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Acidon

Stopped going to Massively because of things like this prior to ESO and things like this certainly do not help put them back where they used to be.

I'll happily take a page full of advertisements from MMORPG.com versus the biased, bought-and-paid-for drivel over there.

It's not the advertisements you have to worry about at mmorpg.com, it's the bought-and-paid-for reviewers. Remember how certain mmorpg.com staffers praised SWTOR ton high heaven?

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I just noticed was another post talking about them not sure on the subscription model yet their very sure on it... Massively despises ESO proven in this article by the editor-in-chief

Sum it up Massively did not get a complementary bottle and now their out to cause more harm then good towards ESO.

Thats how things work in this world.... Everyone has an agenda... And you need to be smart enough to see them and filter acordingly

There was a time when I was in school when I did believe that somthing was written in a book it has to be true.  Because it is a book.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by JJ82

Better chance at getting an honest review by a place willing to do things like this than getting one from one of the massive amounts of buttkissing sites that wont say jack in hope not risking losing advertising dollars........at least not until 5+ months after release.

Look at how many games were praised here until long after release and then, its like, well, oops on us.

The OP's point about bias doesn't really hold water...

But having said that, it's not really about butt kissing vs. kicking ass. It's about trying to act like a professional journalist by fact-checking, not sensationalizing and being able to write a paragraph without editorial bias.

It seems to be a lost art these days when very few can resist turning everything into an editorial. But it still matters to me. I want details and tons of them--not half-baked bitter opinions about someone's pet detail.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hey guys,

As this thread's discussion is more about another site's editorial content than Elder Scrolls Online, this subforum really isn't appropriate for its discussion so I am going to go ahead and lock it.

This discussion has been closed.