It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
How can we make anything that all players will be able to do if we don't know all the variables.
Things I would want to know before trying to make a dungeon for EQ Next consideration.
1. What is the min/max size of character races (sliders included)?
2. Is there a slider for how much destruction can be allowed within a dungeon, if at all?
3. What is the limit on character movement including run speeds, jump, tool usage (grapple hook) etc?
4. What character abilities allow for extra movement....blink, teleport, heroic leap, spirit of wolf, levitation, and such?
5. How dark does underground get without extra lighting such as player torch or lantern?
6. Do players take damage from falling?
7. What unique tools will we have access to when building? fake walls? button activations? Basic physics effects like quicksand, fulcrums, door locks, mist, fog, underwater, gravity modifications, teleport pads, fake floor, sicky flooring, slippery flooring, complicated traps, fire, lava, magnetism, rooms that attract certain kind of mobs if the ai is built that way....etc.
Many of these questions are difficult to answer at this point. So how can people even start making dungeons in EQ Landmark if we have no idea about the above concerns.
I want to bring a taste of scale to EQ Next with a dungeon crawl that will make people want to either use cartography skill or write down on paper some diagrams so they don't get lost or die or get turned around.
Basically large and complicated with traps and surprises, puzzles and epic danger along with great rewards. I have alot of it in my head how it should be laid out. Just would hate to put the months into perfecting something that ends up being made easy or impassable because I didn't know some of the basics of the game.
What are your thoughts on this? Do you have a dungeon in mind to build as well?