Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What can you do in this game besides fight?

13»

Comments

• Not_Too_BrightNot_Too_Bright Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Consensus
    Originally posted by Holophonist

But like I said if you're looking for pve content similar to games with like raids and the like, you won't find it here.

This isn't actually true. Have you tried the newest dungeon "sinspire cathedral"? You have to beat bosses to unlock doors and progress through, and its massive. screenshots. Its very much like raiding in other mmos, the loot is amazing and its one of the best/only ways to get rare mats for the best armours/weapons in the game.

Darkfall actually has quite alot to do that isn't PvP, just not enough to keep non-pvpers subbed to the game longterm.

Just skimming thru the forum, but saw this....

Doesn't spending a bunch of time farming PVE for the good loots go counter to what games like this are about? That being that the FFA doesn't matter as the armor/items aren't where a characters power resides, so it doesn't matter if you lose it?

So if it is worthwhile to get, who the heck would want to bother as the first time you get ganked all your work is done? Ah well, life as a carebear means I don't have to understand, and I wont be losing my stuff image

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

To OP:

You can spend all week gathering gear mats so you can lose all said mats / gearz on the weekend!

To infinity and beyond...

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by Not_Too_Bright
    Originally posted by Consensus
    Originally posted by Holophonist

But like I said if you're looking for pve content similar to games with like raids and the like, you won't find it here.

This isn't actually true. Have you tried the newest dungeon "sinspire cathedral"? You have to beat bosses to unlock doors and progress through, and its massive. screenshots. Its very much like raiding in other mmos, the loot is amazing and its one of the best/only ways to get rare mats for the best armours/weapons in the game.

Darkfall actually has quite alot to do that isn't PvP, just not enough to keep non-pvpers subbed to the game longterm.

Just skimming thru the forum, but saw this....

Doesn't spending a bunch of time farming PVE for the good loots go counter to what games like this are about? That being that the FFA doesn't matter as the armor/items aren't where a characters power resides, so it doesn't matter if you lose it?

So if it is worthwhile to get, who the heck would want to bother as the first time you get ganked all your work is done? Ah well, life as a carebear means I don't have to understand, and I wont be losing my stuff image

No no no. What you're getting from pve or harvesting or whatever else is more like supplies, commodities, currency, etc. These are things that you can lose now and then and not be devastated by. It adds a much more interesting risk/reward factor to the game that simply can't exist in themepark games that have such a reliance on "epic gear." If you spend dozens (or hundreds?) of hours trying to get a piece of armor, there's simply NO WAY they will let you just up and lose it. Nobody would play a game like that.

So games like Darkfall and other sandbox/sandbox-like games take a different approach. There is simply no single item or even gear set that would be completely devastating to lose. It's not all or nothing. To go broke in a game like that, you have to chronically be ganked. I like it because you actually build up wealth. You can have a cache of supplies ready so if you do die and lose your gear, you have backups that you can throw on and get back to what you were doing.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by LuthorX

To OP:

You can spend all week gathering gear mats so you can lose all said mats / gearz on the weekend!

To infinity and beyond...

Or you can play smarter/better and learn to not lose them. Some people are attracted to challenge and risk/reward; other people are deterred by it.