Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Can't put my finger...

GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,474Member Uncommon

...on what is just what I love about this game.

Is it the actual story? I hate typical MMO grindoramas so...

Are the followers and the freedom that comes with it?

Is overall uber polish it? Only wow is above it in this aspect

Is it about the IP?

The whole package?

Hint: I never even thought about subbing to any other MMO, yet I've done just that with Tor without any doubts. I actually felt relieved when I did it...

Comments

• DarksopDarksop uouo, CTPosts: 21Member
    Originally posted by Gorwe

...on what is just what I love about this game.

Is it the actual story? I hate typical MMO grindoramas so...

Are the followers and the freedom that comes with it?

Is overall uber polish it? Only wow is above it in this aspect

Is it about the IP?

The whole package?

Hint: I never even thought about subbing to any other MMO, yet I've done just that with Tor without any doubts. I actually felt relieved when I did it...

Would you have been interested in SWTOR if there was no lightsabers and it wasn't called SWTOR? Assume you never played it before :)

• HeretiqueHeretique Posts: 1,101Member Uncommon
    I thought the story was very well done, enjoyed it a lot at launch. Everything else is the question.

Originally posted by salsa41
    are you have problem ?

• GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,474Member Uncommon
    @dark: Sure I would. With the features inside the game, it is like custom made for me. Like an upgrade to GW 1. Which is everything I wanted. The fact that I can play as an Empire citisen or, even better, as a Sith is only a Definite plus. Make me play as a jedi and I'll hate you to death...

:D
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Centreville, VAPosts: 1,690Member Uncommon

I totally understand OP. I feel as well that this game was custom made for me. When I play it feels so right LOL. Granted, I love lightsabers, but I think I love my sniper rifle even more. No other game makes me feel that way... and after SWTOR I did try GW2, TSW, FFIV and TESO (beta). Nothing compares... not even close. The longest I could play TSW, but zombieland is not my favorite).

P.S. I favor Empire as well.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare hartenbosPosts: 322Member

the game is not bad I started with the wrong character a warrior sith,

I should have been a sith sorcerer.i am over the game waiting for the next big sci-fi mmo.

• codifiercodifier PoriPosts: 47Member
    I really enjoy SWTOR because of all the NPC interactions. It's ridiculous how I didn't know SWTOR has this awesome rich questing system where u interact with all NPCs and everytime u can choose different way of doing things and the class stories are awesome. I've played pretty much all MMOs and SWTOR is like the last game I wanted to try, now I'm really like "WTF this game is awesome". I never was a huge Star Wars fan, but after playing this game I'm all into Star Wars again lol. :D
    Idk. All other MMOs lack sth critical(at least for me):

WoW lacks story and cohesion(it feels like a bunch of dungeons stringed together).

LoTRO lacks quality animations and even as a sub you are still gouged.

Aion lacks...well, a lot of things tbh.

Rift lacks the same things like wow, but even more so(like: it has a story? O.o)

WAR is dead. The only thing missing is a spark of Life. RIP WAR ;(

AoC is a zombie. Plus after Tortage, it rapidly decomposes into pointless running back and forth. What a shame!

TSW is good, but I wanted a bit more conspiracy and a bit less Stephen King + various myths. Plus it felt...wrong to me. Idk, sth in the engine?

GW 1 lacks a lot of MMO functions + an active support.

Vanguard lacked a good engine, active support and now it's dead(well soon to be anyhow). RIP Vanguard ;(

Maybe I love swtor because it's like GW 1 and WAR(both which I deeply loved) had a baby and baby was as gifted as Ani? That + the polish on the wow scale. Could that be it?
  • ktanner3ktanner3 lakeland, FLPosts: 4,074Member Common
    I love it because they took my one of my favorite games (KOTOR) and converted that concept into an MMO setting. Being able to actually interact with the quest givers and being given a choice in how to respond really deepens the character for me and pulls me into the game's lore. I like how the phasing is done so that I can still interact with other players while hardly ever having to worry about someone stealing a boss or waiting for a respawn.The combat is very fluid and looks more real than the old style hack and slash. I also like the ease of crafting along with my relationships with my companions. Those are the biggest things I miss when playing WOW. While I enjoy the large open world and better AI, it just can't compare with TOR.

Currently Playing: Star Wars The Old Republic

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Waseca, MNPosts: 227Member Uncommon

Simple it put the RPG back into the mmoRPG... everything else is a pale shadow of an RPG.

Is is simply "WoW in space" sure, but I cannot stand WoW so something must be better here.

I'm not a SW nut, Fanatic, or even enthusiast. Heck I really do not care if this is a SW game, though I admit Lightsabers are cool

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier
    Right ktanner. I know what you mean. It's a ridiculously expensive game($200 million? $ 300 million?) and it shows right now imo. Everything looks REALLY High quality.

@shann: yes I know. Hell I am a Trekker and I still love this game(Trekkers are like Sith among the Trekkies. We can do what we want{basically}. Besides, giving our rivals not only the chance, but the attention as well only proves me right in the spirit of Star Trek). After TSW, Tor and, eventually, ESO, I will find it VERY HARD to play all the other MMOs. Why? Because they aren't/won't be mmoRPGs, but mere MMOGs. And those two letters(RP) are EXCEEDINGLY important to me.
  • kitaradkitarad RomePosts: 1,745Member Uncommon

I have tried to strictly play a dark Jedi and a light sith and I have had such a difficult time with some of the choices because the results are devastating that my Dark Jedi is constantly raking up light points and at this rate I am never going to be able to equip that dark III relic. My light sith is doing a little better but still some choices I still cannot doom the characters in the story. I really love that your decisions matter what you decide you actually see the result and feel good or bad depending on what you have done not to mention the follow up email is a nice touch to keep your decisions a living reminder of your failure or success.

They feel so alive because of the conversations and expressions. I love Khem's facepalm every time I see that I break out into a laugh. Or to watch Kaliyo sneer her sneer and Aric Jorgan give a disgusted glance is really something.They have done a good job of giving solid characters to the pixels enough to make me care for them I love T7's little outbursts and I try so hard not to disappoint his little loyal droid heart.

I can understand that some people left not liking this aspect but to me the story and the ability to play with characters that have so much character makes up for a lot although the same planet route does wear thin but I play like 12 characters so I space the planets out.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Chicago, ILPosts: 1,517Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Heretique
    I thought the story was very well done, enjoyed it a lot at launch. Everything else is the question.

Know what you mean.  I paid may sub and stayed with it until I went through the story lines I wanted to experience then that was that.

"Change is the only constant."

• ArtwolfArtwolf Georgetown, SCPosts: 29Member
    I really love Star Wars, but I just could not get into this game. Preordered a CE and everything - combat feels clunky as hell to me for some reason. I have only really played an Operative for any length and really enjoyed the story, but the combat just kills it. I think it also has to do with me not really being someone who enjoys pet based classes and every class in swtor is pet based because of the way they did the companions. Oh well. I'm glad it hits the spot for some folks.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Posts: 1,473Member Uncommon
    I subbed off and on since launch.  The class stories are very well done and kept me coming back but now that I have several level 55's I'm over it.  Grinding out CZ or Omni or rep with bounty brokers or gree has gotten old very fast.  Now they are adding a new tier of gear so that's another set I would have to grind several times for my toons.  I'm too old to grind and do the same thing over and over again each day just to be able to play new content when it comes out.