Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Being able to make a description or name crafted items?

I think that if you crafted a weapon or armor piece, you should be able to name it but only if you upgraded it all the way (includes enchantments.)

It would be cool for the guild blacksmith to leave a unique signature or something.

Its a nice since of pride.

The only downfall is that immature people would name or describe their weapons inappropriately. But im sure zenimax could make it so some words cant be used.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Never saw that option but your name does get added to the description of the item.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Originally posted by Iselin
    Never saw that option but your name does get added to the description of the item.

Im asking if you should be able to add a legit description/name.

• doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Don't think it's a good idea. Makes life difficult when searching for a particular item. Think a simple attachment of the crafter's name is suffice. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• KnotwoodKnotwood Member CommonPosts: 1,103

So far only seen charcter name on the mouse over tool tip of the item.   Beyond that, I don't think there is anything for typing info onto the item, but that would be really cool if they did that.

EDIT :  Then again, could you imagine someone putting "The greatest sausage beater in the world" on the most epic item in game?

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I think it's a fun idea. As a crafter in a roleplaying game, it makes perfect sense that you would name a masterpiece item. Sure, some people are going to be wacky or inappropriate with their item names, but that's already happening with character names, and character names are far more obvious and seen.

• Originally posted by Knotwood

So far only seen charcter name on the mouse over tool tip of the item.   Beyond that, I don't think there is anything for typing info onto the item, but that would be really cool if they did that.

EDIT :  Then again, could you imagine someone putting "The greatest sausage beater in the world" on the most epic item in game?

Lol i hope not.

• I would also like to point out that their is no auction house, so you would not have to search for a specific name, but just get it through the person rather.
  • jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    A tag in the style of "made by xxx" sounds more than enough for me :-)
  • Originally posted by jazz.be
    A tag in the style of "made by xxx" sounds more than enough for me :-)

Ahh.

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior
    I would also like to point out that their is no auction house, so you would not have to search for a specific name, but just get it through the person rather.

Although there is no Auction House, you can shop at the various Guild Stores in each claimed keep of your faction...so it is somewhat like roving transient auction houses...

Hopefully more people will utilize their Guild Stores and sell their wares through their claimed keeps instead of flooding chat with "WTS xyz" all the time  :p

• Originally posted by Mithoronette
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior
    I would also like to point out that their is no auction house, so you would not have to search for a specific name, but just get it through the person rather.

Although there is no Auction House, you can shop at the various Guild Stores in each claimed keep of your faction...so it is somewhat like roving transient auction houses...

Hopefully more people will utilize their Guild Stores and sell their wares through their claimed keeps instead of flooding chat with "WTS xyz" all the time  :p

I think this idea would add lots of variety,

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    You should have the option to name items as a crafter and search by type/sub-type as a buyer. Really now do developers really lack such basic logic ? It is a simple solution which would add loads more character to the game and would not have been hard to implement really.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    I dread the number of [Bow of Legolas] that would result if people were able to name items/make descriptions.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Vrika
    I dread the number of [Bow of Legolas] that would result if people were able to name items/make descriptions.

I would imagine you would dread the number of spears called [The Deflowerer] or clubs called [Nutcracker] :))

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Iselin

I would assume for legendaries for sure.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    Originally posted by Dihoru

I would imagine you would dread the number of spears called [The Deflowerer] or clubs called [Nutcracker] :))

He he he he genital jokes he he he he

Less of your kind in every MMO is a blessing.

• donoakdonoak Member UncommonPosts: 37
    That idea worked in SWG.... "shrug"
  • Originally posted by donoak
    That idea worked in SWG.... "shrug"

It did? Cool.

I never played star wars galaxies but a time ago, my friends did and they told me it was awesome.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Originally posted by Dihoru

I'd just use a [Chasity Belt] to protect myself from those.

Those names would at least have to be imaginative, and would offer good opportunities to laugh at. Whereas I find re-using famous heroes' names mostly pathetic.