Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Banned with no evidence

Hey guys, thought I'd make a thread about CS. Anyway, whenever I try to post I get this message:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Call-out, discussion of religion

Date the ban will be lifted: 02.27.2014, 11:00 PM

Seems like another forum member was sending false reports over and over, desperate to get me banned. However I just recieved this message from Bioware, yet they didn't quote me on this calling out or discussion of religion. Can Bioware just ban whoever they want, whenever they want , without evidence? I'm fully aware of the forum rules, in fact I report other players for calling out and discussing religion and I certainly wouldn't do it myself.

You have received an infraction at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason: Rules Violation
-------
Your signature was recently removed for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. After careful review of the posted material, we are placing an infraction on your account for this violation. Due to an accumulation of infraction points, your account's posting permissions have been suspended for 10 days.

Do not create threads with the intention of “calling out” another player, as this is considered rude and is not allowed on the forums under any circumstances. Also, comments that are political, religious, sexual, or racial in nature are considered inappropriate for the forums. 

Please understand that our goal is to create a safe, friendly environment for our online community. Further violations of the rules can lead to temporary or permanent removal of your posting privileges. At certain levels of infraction points, your posting privileges are temporarily suspended. If you reach 15 total infraction points, your posting privileges will be permanently suspended. We strongly encourage you to take a few moments and review the Rules of Conduct you agreed to when creating your account to avoid future violations. 
Should you have any questions about this message or any other issues that require assistance, please contact us at [email protected]

-------

This infraction is worth 5 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
STAR WARS: The Old Republic

Has anyone else experienced this kind of thing before?

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

The power of Christ compels you!

:P

No, seriously, just appeal and IF you did not do anything wrong, I am sure they will see into it...

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57
    they made you a favor
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Did you discuss religion or make comments about religion at any time?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Yeah, they only ban innocent people...

• DarksopDarksop Member Posts: 21
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Not at all, like I said, I report anyone who calls out other players (literally saying their name) or discusses religion, so I would never do it myself.

• EugeneKDudleyEugeneKDudley Member Posts: 58
    I once got banned from WoW back in the day for reporting other people.

"By all means, reach for the stars but you need to build the spaceship first"

Originally posted by EugeneKDudley
    I once got banned from WoW back in the day for reporting other people.

I got my first infraction for telling someone I was going to report them :)

Date ban will be lifted 2.27.14

But i've been told i've been banned for 10 days?

Numbers don't add up

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Darksop

Not at all, like I said, I report anyone who calls out other players (literally saying their name) or discusses religion, so I would never do it myself.

In that case I would dispute it. I don't see why they haven't checked your chat logs. It seems that it would be too easy for anyone to start shouting "Troll, Troll!" and then report anyone they don't like.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • tyfontyfon Member UncommonPosts: 240

What was your signature?

Looks like that is to blame from their message.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Of course they can ban you. You have no right to free speech and they can refuse service to whom they wish. You are not entitled to any special protections or freedoms, especially in a free game. Accept it or move on to another game.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by Darksop

In that case I would dispute it. I don't see why they haven't checked your chat logs. It seems that it would be too easy for anyone to start shouting "Troll, Troll!" and then report anyone they don't like.

But that's exactly what happens on the official forums. about 90% of there defend the game with their lives. In fact, one time I saw a thread about statistics/facts about the game, about 50 of those people came into the thread, derailed it, whined, begged for it to be removed because they didn't like "negativity", and in the end it was removed simply because its easier for the mods to delete a thread than clean it up. They will always win, they can't accept the truth but will do all it takes to clear it from the forums.

Originally posted by tyfon

What was your signature?

Looks like that is to blame from their message.

had no signature

• alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 Member UncommonPosts: 264

Calling out another player = you said his name. And yes they can and will give you infraction points for it.

I once made a thread asking a developer if he will post what he promised... so i was calling him out and i got punished for it.

Their support is legendary... and not in a good way.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Something seems off about this.  I'm sure Bioware just doesn't go around banning people with no reason/evidence.  I feel like I'm missing part of the story.  Anyway, as others have posted, I would appeal.  If you did nothing wrong, then all will be forgiven.

• JinzouningenJinzouningen Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Like someone else tried to say..yeah they did you a favor.  Even if this was a perma ban somehow i think youll survive and be a better person because youre no longer playing that.."game"
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

dont go so far

even here their forum police have no idea what troll means

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
This discussion has been closed.