Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

IGN article about the Golden Saucer

drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,242Member Uncommon

Comments

• NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    I think it will come out on the major patch before the expansion.  This way a ton of people will probably re-sub and catch up just in in time for the expansion which means big sales :P.  At least I hope so we get it sooner rather than later.
  • angerbeaverangerbeaver Dorval, QCPosts: 870Member Uncommon
    So much focus on mini-games...I didn't like FFVII so I don't recall the Saucer but hopefully it comes out to a good timesink.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Portland, ORPosts: 5,565Member Uncommon

GS will most likely bring a lot of mini games but I have a feeling that Chocobo Racing will be a major game feature that ties in a new game system with crafting, gathering, and housing.

I would expect crafters to make stables, culinarians to make farms for chocobo food, a breeding feature and probably even each major city and GS all having their own race course. Rewards would be rare eggs, bardings, titles, pets, jockey outfits, trophies and decor for houses, rare mounts etc. Its probably going to be massive and will most likely be part of an expansion.

I would not be surprised to see an arena (duels) show up in GS along with a Trading Card game. I would also kind of expect to see blitzball added in a patch after GS is established.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Not Saying, QCPosts: 362Member
    I wasn't a huge fan of FF8 but if they took Triple Triad and put it in FF14 man oh man.....
  • zellmerzellmer Fakesville, WIPosts: 442Member

"home to 3 minigames"

Please don't tarnish the Gold Saucer's good name with this crap..

• lunatiquezlunatiquez San Fransisco, CAPosts: 381Member
    Originally posted by zellmer

"home to 3 minigames"

LOL

Seriously, only 3?

How about the squares, will it just become menu?

• drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALPosts: 1,242Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by zellmer

"home to 3 minigames"

We have no idea what these game's consist of or if they plan to add more as time goes on.

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Spring Hill, FLPosts: 209Member Uncommon
    Whatever your expecting...stop. You will be dissapointed. Instead expect total crap and be pleasantly surprised.
  • EpiconEpicon Santa Rosa, CAPosts: 121Member

Stopped reading after IGN.

Just kidding, but seriously I hate IGN that much. Especially as a PC only gamer. My console friends seem to think the only two places that give gaming news, are Game Informer and IGN.

I'd like more information regarding the Gold Saucer from someone else. Rock Paper Shotgun, PC gamer, or even here. I won't go to massively because I have found it's the only site worse than IGN for news.

"What tastes like purple?"

• AmargosaAmargosa OffenbachPosts: 8Member

Have you checked IGNs original soruce which got more detail from the interview.

http://www.ffdream.com/articles-preview_finalfantasy_xiv_ps4_en.html

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,444Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by angerbeaver
    So much focus on mini-games...I didn't like FFVII so I don't recall the Saucer but hopefully it comes out to a good timesink.

I am of the same,i was of the minority,i did not think much of FFVII but i did love most of the other games.They definitely did something right in ffvii it was the bestselling game for it's time and cost more to make than most mmo's right now.

There is definitely an argument as to weather or not the CEO knows what he is doing.He sent memos after the failed FFXIV launch that no producers are not to get creative anymore but stick to known success ideas and of course ffvii was a huge success.

Personally i would rather have brand new ideas.In this case ,well many of FFXIV ideas,does Yoshida really deserve much credit if all eh is doing is ok old material from past games?I guess some credit since i gave Tonaka tons of credit for rehashing old FF ideas from past versions.I guess my point is ,you can rehash old material but add some new twists so it feels new and fresh.

I can tell you this much,Chocobo races never flew well in ffxi,so i would say not a good idea for one of the mini games.I never liked dumb jumping games either,i would rather see something really creative and NEW.I also don't want to see any kind of speed/time limit mini games either,give me something that is  FUN.I know i am expecting too much because nobody else is creating FUN content,it is ALWAYS about"what loot do i get for completing this mini game?".

Samoan Diamond