Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Rift linear?

fivetigersfivetigers Member UncommonPosts: 208
The class customization and F2P have caught my attention, but I'm worried that the gameplay will be like most MMORPGs where you start in area A, do all those quests, go to area B, rinse and repeat.  Is there any freedom for what areas you go to and what quests you do?

Me

Her

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

It is standard quest hub from point a to b. You can mix it up yourself a little by doing Rift events, instant adventures, and dungeons. But the main bulk of the leveling experience lies in quest hub to quest hub

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by fivetigers
    The class customization and F2P have caught my attention, but I'm worried that the gameplay will be like most MMORPGs where you start in area A, do all those quests, go to area B, rinse and repeat.  Is there any freedom for what areas you go to and what quests you do?

yes it linear, nothing new here

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    its linear like wow but lacks wow's large zones with hidden rares until you get to storm legion zones where the game actually does open up quite a bit. Each zone has achievements and rares to chase but its only a few and you can pretty much complete every zone objective unless its a grind objective in a matter of a couple of hours.