Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else skipping ESO and Wildstar ?

Comments

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    After playing both extensively I am on the same boat. Both don't offer anything new or innovative so might as well put that money elsewhere.
  • WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

Played both...TESO isnt even an option.

Wildstar...if i buy it...its just to fill the gap...cuz there is nothing else.

But im not hyped for wildstar at all.

The only thing i want its repopulation or EQN :/

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507

No interest in Wildstar, even if it was completely free.

Eso has mild, mild interest. I'll give it a try when it goes F2P, but I know I'll only be playing it for the story.

• osc8rosc8r Member UncommonPosts: 688

Was planning on buying ESO until i tried the beta.

Never planned on trying Wildstar... it just looks... meh.

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

I plan on playing both WildStar and ESO and I hope one of them eventually displaces my time (and money) originally allotted for GW2. Then again, if ANET keeps up with these antics by manipulating content by removing existing conveniences (destroying Lion's Arch) to push players to cash shop conveniences (Captain's Airship Pass), then I will likely quit the game anyway.

Being in the EQN:Landmark alpha is also turning out to be far more interesting than I had originally given it credit so there is that as well.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Solar_Prophet
    Perfectly happy with FFXIV, TSW, Marvel Heroes, and D3. Those provide me with plenty of stuff to do, as will Titanfall when it's released. I'll be skipping them both, though I wish them both good luck & hope they're successful, if for nothing else than the sake of their fans.

You only play 4 games? I love D3 and Marvel Heroes, but i am not stopping playing other games just because of them. Obviously there is no desire (for me) to pay a sub just to check out these two .. but I certainly will check them out once the inevitable f2p conversions happen.

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

At first I was 100% planning on skipping both of them. Then I tried Wildstar... was still 100% planning on skipping both of them. Then I tried ESO and I am definitely not missing out on this one.

If you haven't tried them yet you might want to try them out first.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    I still need more convincing and more hands on. Being avoiding FFXIV for months (because of Wow), now I'm planning to get it via steam, finally. If that game keeps me occupied, hardly there will be place for Wildstar or ESO. Oh, and RoS.
  • Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    i completely and totally agree with this. Lackluster graphics doesn't make me want to play a game either and not because it doens't look good but because I could care less about diving into a cartoon world with a cartoony toon. Give me realistic sci/fi or fantasy or horror please =D
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

Skipping ESO and probably skipping Wildstar as well. Playing Rift and testing 3-4 other games keeps me busy enough.

• Shayyd80Shayyd80 Member Posts: 110
    hmm that was supposed to be in response to Wizadry's post on page 1 lol 
  • RaunuRaunu Member UncommonPosts: 480

I'll be skipping ESO. I enjoyed all the single player ES games, but the ESO falls short for me.

I don't know about Wildstar yet. Although, after this weekend I'll be able to draw a bit of a conclusion. =)

- - "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?" - -

• SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    Whats wildstar..... As far as ESO, Ive been in plenty of beta weekends and it just doesnt grab me. Cant quite put my finger on it but at launch Im not gonna be there. Ill watch it to see how it progresses, hell Ive played every Elder Scrolls out there, and maybe join if at some point I like what I see.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193

I will be avoiding WildStar and ESO. I played the WildStar stress test last week and while I really enjoyed it, I can already tell that it's going to suffer the same consequences of having a player base of content locusts sucking the content dry faster than the developers can put out content. I guess I'm just very tired of Themepark mmo's and their widespread appeal yet limited duration of enjoyment.

Still, WildStar looks like a fun, solid experience for people who want to play a themepark for a few months. So have at it. I'd stay very far away from ESO though. It's a mediocre cash grab with poor combat mechanics.

• CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
    Skipping both
  • KopogeroKopogero Member UncommonPosts: 1,685
    I'll be skipping ESO, too early to tell for Wildstar...Most likely I'll go back to WOW (new pvp season) and Path of Exile (expansion, new season)

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662

I'll be buying both CEs and I probably won't activate them until after my FFXIV buzz wears off. Played both extensively and they each have their charms. In Wildstar I love the engineer class with the settler path! Damn that class is fun to play! I also love the housing and variety of things to do. The only thing that I really didn't jive with is the Jax and Dexter-like graphics and it's all around je ne sais quoi. Dunno maybe I need a graphical change of pace after playing WoW for so long.

For ESO I loved the open ended feel of the skill system and how I could get lost in the world. It reminded me of playing Oblivion or Morrowind where I'd lose myself for hours just picking up things here and there and never really following the main quest. For instance, the beta weekend before the last I was running around doing things like picking up runes, foraging crafting items and following treasure map clues. And the quest I had were the last thing on my mind.

Dunno, there's something about seeing your level raise for a armor, weapon or spell proficiency after a few battles that keeps me going. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the dull nature that comes with playing any ES game. Maybe it's the over abundance on earth tones and neutral colors or the maybe the stoic nature of all the npcs (expressiveness is not a strong point for ES npcs).

Oh well, back to FFXIV until it runs its course. It's just something about it that keeps me coming back for more. Maybe it's the ability to play any class at anytime. Or it could be attraction I have to the FF mythos.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• TESO has a few interesting things I am curious about how they play out.  I will probably mess around for a bit.  Its probably not the most amazing thing in the world.  No idea if its worth the price.  Just has a few aspects I'd like to mess around with.

Wildstar seems to have borrowed everything about WoW that completely sickens about that game, so I'll pass on that.  I don't even care if it has some really cool features or not some of the stuff they are doing are complete deal breakers.  Bleh.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Nope, played both, and theres more to offer from games already released.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I bet about 6.8 billion people are going to skip them. It's probably easier to ask who is going to play.
  • KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Waiting for B2P/F2P. Especially in the case of TESO, I feel that it's only P2P at launch to gather as much money as possible from diehard fans.
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

Teso is just MEH.

WS is a like 2014's WOW on steroids. As bored as I am of Theme Park MMO's and none have caught my attention since WOW back in 2004. I'll probably pick up WS from what I've played just to waste time until EQN or if The Repopulation is actually good.

I have not played an MMO for more than 1 month or so since I quit WOW in 2006, so 8 years ago. But WS is giving me that vanilla wow feeling, not as good as my beloved SWG or UO, but good enough to waste my time on

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

I'm skipping TESO, Wildstar and the two Everquest games coming out. I don't like the way the MMO industy is heading. It's going the wrong way.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    I know I'm skipping Wildstar.  For ESO I'm waiting until I try it to decide.
  • SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by nariusseldon
    Originally posted by flizzer

Or course, when they go F2P I might check them out. 

This ^^^

Ditto!!