Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its Tuesday, Any chance of Beta this weekend?

flguy147flguy147 Member UncommonPosts: 507
It is Tuesday and i think they normally send beta invites out on Tuesdays.  Considering there isnt many weekends left with headstart on March 31st i would think they have to have one this weekend or next.  I am not sure if the patcher is updating because i wont have my new computer until Friday so i cant check..  Anybody tried to update the patcher today?

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The patcher is not updating but there is time yet :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Statistically there is always a chance.  :)  I hope there is a Beta weekend though!
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

My best bet says... In 2 1/2 weeks... And then 2 weeks later the last one...

if i was the developer, i wouldnt want to spoil the masses to much before release

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'm betting on the last weekend in Feb and another in mid March.

That gives them a nice window of opportunity between each weekend to fix bugs, tweak performance and generally optimize.

Besides, Wildstar have first dibs on this coming weekend, and I doubt the 2 want to go head-to-head at this point image

• jazz.bejazz.be Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

if i was the developer, i wouldnt want to spoil the masses to much before release

Yeah it's a great time to keep the tension rising. Lots of positive impressions everywhere.

But maybe they want to keep everyone close to ESO and make sure ESO is all they talk about for the next 6 weeks or so ;-)

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994
    Originally posted by jazz.be
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Yeah it's a great time to keep the tension rising. Lots of positive impressions everywhere.

But maybe they want to keep everyone close to ESO and make sure ESO is all they talk about for the next 6 weeks or so ;-)

I'd like to think they've have one this weekend to have people 'looking' at/for all the positive points that came out after the NDA lifted.

More likely it will be next weekend (02/28) in terms of spacing though.

I didn't realize Wildstar had a weekend stress test happening this coming weekend.

Based on that I now change my prediction about an ESO beta this weekend to 13.7% 19 times out of 20.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107
    I think the shortest span between betas has been three weeks, so I'm sadly not expecting another one until March...and that will probably be the last...
  • JHenryJHenry Member Posts: 188
    I really hope there will be beta this weekend. I'm getting bored at my Job working more than 11 hours a day. I want to have an escapist moment this weekend, and I have to work again 11 hours a day next week.

SOLA - www.solaguild.com
    (christian guild. Being christian is not required for membership though)

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Originally posted by JHenry
    I really hope there will be beta this weekend. I'm getting bored at my Job working more than 11 hours a day.

Be thankful you have a job.Not everyone who wants one  has one.

• MithoronetteMithoronette Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    Originally posted by JHenry
    I really hope there will be beta this weekend. I'm getting bored at my Job working more than 11 hours a day.

Be thankful you have a job.Not everyone who wants one  has one.

Coming off six months of unemployment, I agree with this post... 

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I reheated Oblivion. Rolled up 3 characters and built them as close to my 3 (2 mains and an alt) ESO characters as I could. Figured I'd plunk away with that for a few days.

Originally posted by Digna

I reheated Oblivion. Rolled up 3 characters and built them as close to my 3 (2 mains and an alt) ESO characters as I could. Figured I'd plunk away with that for a few days.

I've been playing with my Skyrim Archer Assassin a lot. Always loved Archery in Skyrim.

Totally different archery in ESO but that's still what I'll play there as my main most likely... different game, different things to enjoy. 

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Mithoronette
    I think the shortest span between betas has been three weeks, so I'm sadly not expecting another one until March...and that will probably be the last...

My guess is This ^

• gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136
    why waste time on beta while you can play on release?
  • Tyr216Tyr216 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by gonewild

why waste time on beta while you can play on release?

Some of us are still on the fence about buying the game so another weekend would be great!

• xerrixerri Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Iselin
    The patcher is not updating but there is time yet :)

Dunno  if you change your patcher to EU there's a whole download its same size as US one. so maybe the EU Mega server?