Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Worst Customer Service Ever

RavenmaneRavenmane Pensacola, FLPosts: 246Member

Greetings,

 

So I've been trying to get back into the game and it required a reinstall of the client.  I couldn't even log into the client.  I just get a Network error while downloading patch.  Retrying... (310).  So I go to the forums to find some sort of help and I perform the steps they suggest to no avail.  So I call customer support and talk to them.  They requested some logs and said I pretty much did all the things their forums said.  I sent the logs and was rather pissed at their response.  I got the protocol droid response saying to go to the threads I already tried.  So pretty much I did what they wanted but they didn't really want to try and help me.  When I logged in to post on the forums I couldn't post on any swtor forums.  Saying I didn't have sufficient access, even though I posted before.  I have a feeling I'm getting all this because I'm not a subscriber.  I was thinking about resubbing as soon as I got back in the game but if this is what I'm encountering I am not paying simply because I feel it would be a crooked way to get subs and I will simply move on and give my money to a company that has better customer support.

 

-R

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
«1

Comments

  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Darkness, CAPosts: 233Member


    Good luck in your new game. Sorry SWTOR wouldn't work for you. I'm sure your next game will run perfect. Fingers crossed!!

  • pgdeanerpgdeaner Colorado Springs, COPosts: 9Member

    I believe that part of their model is reduced support for non-subscribers witch includes limited access to the forums.  I had an issue with my account where I could not log in at all.  I subbed for a month and they were able to fix my issue and even restore some characters for me.  They were so pleasant and helpful I continued my sub.

    I'm guessing that there is some vestage of the old client that is causing you issues.  Is a clean install an option?

  • CazNeergCazNeerg Puyallup, WAPosts: 2,198Member
    Why would they want to help you if you aren't paying anything?  And not to nitpick, but if you aren't spending money, you don't really fit the definition of a customer.  It's more like "worst charitable donation of time to free players ever."

    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

  • RavenmaneRavenmane Pensacola, FLPosts: 246Member
    I did pay something, though.  I bought CE when it first came out.  I subbed for a while.  I'm trying to come back but their limited customer service is hindering my play time.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled probably 8 times now.  I've been trying to find a non-streaming client or full download but no luck.

    "If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Orange County, CAPosts: 499Member
    Pretty sure every asian mmo ever made has worse customer service, even in their respective countries.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid hell, NJPosts: 6,779Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ravenmane

    Greetings,

     

    So I've been trying to get back into the game and it required a reinstall of the client.  I couldn't even log into the client.  I just get a Network error while downloading patch.  Retrying... (310).  So I go to the forums to find some sort of help and I perform the steps they suggest to no avail.  So I call customer support and talk to them.  They requested some logs and said I pretty much did all the things their forums said.  I sent the logs and was rather pissed at their response.  I got the protocol droid response saying to go to the threads I already tried.  So pretty much I did what they wanted but they didn't really want to try and help me.  When I logged in to post on the forums I couldn't post on any swtor forums.  Saying I didn't have sufficient access, even though I posted before.  I have a feeling I'm getting all this because I'm not a subscriber.  I was thinking about resubbing as soon as I got back in the game but if this is what I'm encountering I am not paying simply because I feel it would be a crooked way to get subs and I will simply move on and give my money to a company that has better customer support.

     

    -R

    yes, all that problem you went through to get help unsuccessfully is because you are not an active subscriber. The fact that you purchased the game and even subscribed before should be enough reason to help someone. They dont appreciate the money you gave them unless you are constantly giving them more. It is very sad when companies take mmos that i like and smash them to the ground then make us deal with it. They dont want to earn my money by offering a good service, they want to take it by force so i ignore them and walk away. I cant deal with such high level of incompetence and greed.

    image
  • LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Star CItyPosts: 294Member

    You won't miss out on anything. Game is mediocre at best.

    Sorry to hear that customer service is so incompetent. Not suprising though since I've never come across one that isn't.

  • tyfontyfon OSLOPosts: 238Member

    I've said a lot of bad things about SW:TOR.

    But if there is one thing that works in my experience it is their customer support. They even moved my SW:TOR and Sim City to a new account without losing anything when I mistankenly bought the sim city expansion on the wrong EA name, but wanted to keep the new.

    And they have phone support. You can't say that about many other companies.

  • jircrisjircris bakersfield, CAPosts: 411Member Uncommon
    i have personally never had an issue with SWTOR support. even when i was not subscribed. Sure they send out that stupid droid response but if you reply back to it it will update your ticket and you wil lget a responce from a real person. or better yet call them up? ATM top of my WORSE customer service would have to be league of angels by GTarcade. I wanted to cancle my VIP but the submit a ticket thing did not work. so we all have to post on the forums about it  and HOPE a gm sees it. took me 7 weeks..i had to pay for another month of vip before they cancled it lol. now to me THAT is bad CS.

    free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

    Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

  • cheyanecheyane Rome Posts: 3,002Member Uncommon

    I sent a ticket in day before yesterday about my datacron and legacy got a reply in 14 hours. I am subbed of course. Hmm 3 accounts actually. You get what you pay for I guess. You are not paying now ,what you paid before we all did that too. We all paid for the game before but you are not a customer now. That is why they reduce support for non paying customers but paying customers get it fine.

    Try installing the game from the discs and then updating their downloaded client the one that has the st on the launcher has some issue with some ports.

    image

    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

  • XaenexXaenex Miami, FLPosts: 70Member

    I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever say that SWTOR has the worst customer support, or even bad customer support. In the time that I've played SWTOR (which adds up to 5-6 months in total, without the breaks), I've called into SWTOR about.. 5-6 times. The waiting times used to be horrendous (I remember one of the first times I called I was on hold for about a hour), but it was totally worth it. Each and every time, they ironed out my issue. I had a problem subbing back in October, I called in, they gave me 3 days subbing due to my troubles and then subbed soon after that.

     

    SWTOR's customer support phone line is also 24/7. One time I ran into an issue around 11 PM or Midnight, around there, called in, and within a few minutes my issue was resolved. I'm sorry, but your case seems very isolated, but you do have the freedom to express your own opinion.

  • huntersamhuntersam OckleyPosts: 152Member
    recently I had to use their customer support ticket and I must admit I didn't think I would get it sorted quickly but it was sorted within 3 hours on a weekend as well . it comes back to why would you expect the same support as paying members .

    image

  • alexhpy98721alexhpy98721 bucharestPosts: 250Member

    They are really bad.

     

    I subbed for 3 months... and forgot my e-mail. So when i tried to log back in it sent some verification code to my e-mail... that i did not know(as i make a separate one for every MMO, less chances to get hacked)

    I log in to their website(no verification code needed there) and make a ticket... 4-5 days later i get some random response that is of no use just like every other time. I reply and he asks me to call them... i explain that calling them for 30 minutes will cost more than a sub as i live in the EU and not in one of the countries where they have free phone calls. They say they can only help me via phone... 

    I eventually recovered my e-mail address from the Google Chrome history... and i also found out i could call for free via Skype.

    They did not bother to inform me of that.

     

    I have other stories but they are all the same: they are bad. From what guildies say they are better now compared to launch, but not by much.

     

  • jesteralwaysjesteralways ChittagongPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    If you are not active subscriber then no support. even if you bought 220$ worth CE, you don't get any support. if you were subscriber yesterday and today you are not subscriber then today they will help you with your problem with game or client or quest etc. that is how swtor is. i know it is sad but that is how incompetent BW is. and before someone decide to bash me, i am a subscriber with more than 5 month still remaining in my sub and i am also purchasing CC every month. this game has lots of good features but BW's incompetent policy regarding service is not one of them.

    i want an open world, no phasing, no instancing.i want meaningful owpvp.i want player driven economy.i want meaningful crafting.i want awesome exploration, a sense of thrill.i want ow housing with a meaningful effect on my entire gameplay experience, not just some instanced crap.i want all of these free of cost, i don't wanna pay you a cent, game devs can eat grass and continue developing game for me.
    Seems like that is the current consensus of western mmo players.

  • skyline385skyline385 BangalorePosts: 564Member
    I have contacted their CS twice till date. Both times, my issue was resolved within 12 hours and i got free Cartel coins as well in both the cases. I have also had a couple of Chats with EA's CS for SimCity & Battlefield (including cancelling a pre-order) and it's excellent to say the least. EA and Blizzard imo have really really awesome CS even if they make a lot of questionable decisions.

    image
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,474Member Uncommon
    My experience is Neutral. I did ask a weird question(one that would take ~5 minutes to check-# of defeats/probes on my chars), but they didn't contact me back except via bot. And it said that I requested a service they did not offer(there shouldn't be a service out of offer when talking about the CS imo). I replied back to the bot, but nothing.

    Imo, Blizz, EA(big companies) etc shouldn't use bots. They have more than enough of either money or employees to just cut to the chase.
  • jircrisjircris bakersfield, CAPosts: 411Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    If you are not active subscriber then no support. even if you bought 220$ worth CE, you don't get any support. if you were subscriber yesterday and today you are not subscriber then today they will help you with your problem with game or client or quest etc. that is how swtor is. i know it is sad but that is how incompetent BW is. and before someone decide to bash me, i am a subscriber with more than 5 month still remaining in my sub and i am also purchasing CC every month. this game has lots of good features but BW's incompetent policy regarding service is not one of them.

    Once again this is not true. i have 2 accounts one is my main and one is a mule. my mule is not a sub never has been and i ended up getting my log in issue solved within 5 hours via ticket. The fact that you pay or don't pay has nothing to do with how their support acts. its the fact of how busy they are. weekends and Mondays are brutal for them and they usually have long wait times. My advice if you NEED to get a response quickly call them. if you live out side of their areas use Skype. they will not tell you to use a VOIP program it is not their job to. its called Google and its your friend, seems most people forget that sadly. I have played a lot of mmos and SWTOR support ranks among the top...top support atm is eve online. i forgot my characters name since i have not logged in in a long time. I emailed them and within 30 mins had the issue resolved.

    free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

    Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye jarrowPosts: 1,016Member
    Stab in the dark here, OP did you try logging in with your registered email or one of your character names? If I remember correctly they changed the login process to character name some time ago.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthPosts: 2,642Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ravenmane

    Greetings,

     

    So I've been trying to get back into the game and it required a reinstall of the client.  I couldn't even log into the client.  I just get a Network error while downloading patch.  Retrying... (310).  So I go to the forums to find some sort of help and I perform the steps they suggest to no avail.  So I call customer support and talk to them.  They requested some logs and said I pretty much did all the things their forums said.  I sent the logs and was rather pissed at their response.  I got the protocol droid response saying to go to the threads I already tried.  So pretty much I did what they wanted but they didn't really want to try and help me.  When I logged in to post on the forums I couldn't post on any swtor forums.  Saying I didn't have sufficient access, even though I posted before.  I have a feeling I'm getting all this because I'm not a subscriber.  I was thinking about resubbing as soon as I got back in the game but if this is what I'm encountering I am not paying simply because I feel it would be a crooked way to get subs and I will simply move on and give my money to a company that has better customer support.

     

    -R

    You don't have any firewall or anti-virus that might be blocking the patcher?

    Have you tried disabling them?

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade KingsmouthPosts: 2,642Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    My experience is Neutral. I did ask a weird question(one that would take ~5 minutes to check-# of defeats/probes on my chars), but they didn't contact me back except via bot. And it said that I requested a service they did not offer(there shouldn't be a service out of offer when talking about the CS imo). I replied back to the bot, but nothing.

    Imo, Blizz, EA(big companies) etc shouldn't use bots. They have more than enough of either money or employees to just cut to the chase.

    If you're talking about the "Customer Service Droids"... those are actually people, it's just their way of being witty.

    Of course even if there is a person answering the ticket/mail there is no guarantee that they won't simply be lazy and copy paste a standard reply template.

    My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

  • MalviousMalvious Knoxville, TNPosts: 207Member Uncommon
    Theres probably something hes not telling us, theres always 2 sides in these kinda things.

    Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

  • DeathageDeathage charlotte, NCPosts: 146Member
    Originally posted by pgdeaner

    I believe that part of their model is reduced support for non-subscribers witch includes limited access to the forums.  I had an issue with my account where I could not log in at all.  I subbed for a month and they were able to fix my issue and even restore some characters for me.  They were so pleasant and helpful I continued my sub.

    I'm guessing that there is some vestage of the old client that is causing you issues.  Is a clean install an option?

     

    Thats odd, because I'm a subber and have had a support ticket open on one of my characters for about a week now with no response. Seems theres a bug with the tracker/ my story quest on my scoundrel where the tracker keeps directing me toward my ship, regardless of the fact that the npc is on a planet. It also wont let me interact with the NPC herself.

     

    Anyway OP, sorry the problems broke it for you. They almost frustrated the experience for me, just gave it a break and came back later on a new toon. GL with your future endeavors

  • jircrisjircris bakersfield, CAPosts: 411Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Cod_Eye
    Stab in the dark here, OP did you try logging in with your registered email or one of your character names? If I remember correctly they changed the login process to character name some time ago.

    when i went to log in it asked me for my character name sicne its been a long time since i was last on eve. had to log in to the main page to resub lol and thats where it asked me for the char name. but i got it from support and am playing it now

    free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

    Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

  • timidobservertimidobserver Orlando, FLPosts: 245Member
    I've actually had pretty good service from SWTOR support, although that only applies if you are a subscriber. My worst customer support in all of my MMOs has to go to GW2. I guess that they don't feel the need to provide decent support since there is no sub. 
  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,474Member Uncommon
    That was an actual person? It sounded like a bloody bot! Hm...

    If they said "we do not have the clearence to access the service you requested"(or sth to that effect-and no "unavailable service" sounds just cheap), I'd understand. Like, you can't ask a doorman at the Imperial Intelligence to debrief you, now can you? That sort of thing. Some friendly blizz people(even their d3 programmers!) told me that sometimes it's not that CS DOESN'T WANT to do sth, it's that they CAN'T/AREN'T ALLOWED to do it. <-that is very frequent when speaking of big gaming corporations.<br />
    See, I understand. But why sound like a bot? Have we come to the point where we actually want to be like Data(funnily enough he wanted not to be him)? Strange times :D
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.