Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no ESO versus Wildstar

124»

Comments

• AzureblazeAzureblaze Member UncommonPosts: 130
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Reminds me of the WoW vs EQ2 days. WoW is better! Its got style! No, EQ2 is better! Its more realistic and not cartoony!

Haha, I remember those days. What's funny about this is during that debate I preferred EQ2 (and still do) however with this new debate I prefer Wildstar over ESO, seems like that should be the other way around. What's wrong with me here!?

I suppose I should try to slog through to level 10 and really give ESO a chance.

• MamasGunMamasGun Member Posts: 152
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock

There really is not ESO vs Wildstar, but there seems to be on the forums. It looks like Wildstar is the victim from the backlash from all the negative hype prior to ESO NDA lift. I don't know how many articles and comments I have seen where people meticulously and carefully are trolling for Wildstar fans to bite. It is like a diversion to put down Wildstar and to get people to only look at the graphics between the two games. 

Ultimately you sit at a pc, load up your favorite pc game, click buttons and stuff happens, graphics, crafting, instancing, rvr, pvp, raids, trinity,....... 

Perhaps there are some people that need "realistic" vs "cartoony" graphics as a means of testimony to their adulthood.

How very nicely put.  I was reading all these comments, and thinking the same thing. 

My chips are all in for Wildstar.  ES is a great franchise, but I personally have never been able to delve into it (more of a FO fan myself- magic and dragons bore me).  But I've been lucky enough to get the beta weekend the last 2 weekends, and got another for this weekend- and all I can say is I have been thoroughly enjoying my time in Wildstar, and will be doing all I can to support it once it releases.

But I still wish and believe ESO will be popular... these two will coexist fine- their fans just need to learn to play nice with each other.

Loves: SMITE, WildStar, Project Zomboid, PSO2, DCUO,

Worst Online Communities: WoW/WoD(the OG MMO Trolls), DayZ/WarZ, SMITE/LoL/DOTA, EVE Online, APB
    "I’m ready for
    All the comparisons
    I think it’s dumb and it’s embarrassing
    I’m switching off
    No longer listening
    I’ve had enough of persecution and conditioning
    Maybe it’s instinct- We’re only animal"
    - Lily Allen, Sheezus

• AeonbladesAeonblades Member Posts: 2,083
    Originally posted by Benjignome
    I didn't tell anyone how to experience anything, I stated my opinion between various facets of either game. If you don't like that and call it condescending that's your opinion. I based my views on time spent playing both which lends to my credibility along with time spent dabbling in the MMO genre.

I stated my preference for games based on my own opinion and analysis of game characteristics. It continues to amaze me how thin some people's skin is in relation to opinion threads.

The title of said thread is no comparison and based on my previous posts a comparison is inevitable.

You aren't giving an opinion, you are telling others what their opinion should be. There is a large difference. Even if a comparison is inevitable, there is still a difference between giving an opinion and telling people they are wrong for their own opinion.

Currently Playing: ESO and FFXIV
    Have played: You name it
    If you mention rose tinted glasses, you better be referring to Mitch Hedberg.

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

Both games failed to grab me in thier beta form. Non of them had that magic something could make them really work.

• DEAD.lineDEAD.line Member Posts: 424
    Originally posted by funcon
    I've played both betas, and I have to say that ESO questing is much more immersive. WS questing gave me the feeling that I've done this a million times in WoW.

For me, WS not focusing on quests is a plus actually. TSW has the best quests i've seen so far by quite abit, but unfortunatly, they come to an end, all quests do, no matter how many. Then you're left with standart mmo fare.

EDIT: Forgot to meantion that, so far, WS seems to have activities beyond questing/leveling that look better than ESO. Except PVP, and that, is only if AVA doesn't turn into zerg vs zerg all over again. Hope not.

Also, the OP is right that there's no figh. Both games will wither "fail" or "succed" by their own quality.

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I agree OP well said.  For me its Wildstar, but I am a hardcore raider.  I pvp in Dota 2 so ESO just isn't my cup of tea.  However I don't need to bash that game to feel good about my decision to choose Wildstar.  To each his own.  Have fun everyone!  This will be a fun year indeed!
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Originally posted by Aeonblades
    Originally posted by Benjignome
    I didn't tell anyone how to experience anything, I stated my opinion between various facets of either game. If you don't like that and call it condescending that's your opinion. I based my views on time spent playing both which lends to my credibility along with time spent dabbling in the MMO genre.

I stated my preference for games based on my own opinion and analysis of game characteristics. It continues to amaze me how thin some people's skin is in relation to opinion threads.

The title of said thread is no comparison and based on my previous posts a comparison is inevitable.

You aren't giving an opinion, you are telling others what their opinion should be. There is a large difference. Even if a comparison is inevitable, there is still a difference between giving an opinion and telling people they are wrong for their own opinion.

Couldn't have said better myself.  image

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I think there's probably more people playing both than you might think. My entire guild is migrating from WoW to ESO for a couple months until WoD releases. Then there is a good percentage of us who are also moving over to Wildstar. There are some who simply won't leave WoW at all while an expansion is in full swing. For the rest of us, it's just moving around. Probably about 3/4 of us only maintain one subscription at a time, since there is really no penalty to not maintaining it, and being 100% immersed in morethan 1 game isn't possible. 

So, yeah, there is a competition for customers. There are Elder Scrolls faithful who will make ESO their one and only game. However, for anyone looking to capitalize on the general MMO Subscription base (aka WoW's subscribers), you've got to release strategically. ESO beat Wildstar to the punch. That's all there is to it. IMO, Wildstar missed the boat, they needed to be out now, or a month ago. Otherwise they run the risk of Blizz camping their release date and dropping a big ole WoD on them. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ZebladeZeblade Member UncommonPosts: 931

We see most just give there view as if its fact based on watching some video. Been playing in the ESO beta and my son is in Wildstar beta. At 1st I was all over ESO then as of late the more you play the more you find it lacks to much.  I thought the days of just standing NPC's was long gone but ESO has that everywhere.

Yeah I know most have some but its everywhere in ESO that really bothers me. I just hate my hand being held to go kill some NPC that only moves 1-3 feet. Or dungeon after another you find so many NPC's just standing, sitting one moving and you can just run past most. Exploring at 1st was great yet someone left tons of chests, runes everywhere. That got old real quick.

Its not like skyrim or any elderscrolls I played. Its just classic do quest, craft maybe some pvp. They seem to LOVE the color green on armor. Way to many people looked the same. Way to many cities and the like where you wonder where are all the people that made this city? I see what 8 vendors 8+ guards a few walking lol few 1-2 walking the same path over and over. Each seem to love to stop..do the hand over the eyes to search..for what? No clue

As for Wildstar we know cant say to much yet its different in a good way. So far no lack of things todo ever.

As with any mmo got to get past lvl 10 to really start ..START to talk about it. I will get wildstar when you can preorder. I will not ESO. Not worth the asking price and then $14 a month? It has nothing new. I guess its kind of like real life. Talk a walk in the woods you be lucky, blessed to see ONE wild life. That is ESO.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Zeblade

We see most just give there view as if its fact based on watching some video. Been playing in the ESO beta and my son is in Wildstar beta. At 1st I was all over ESO then as of late the more you play the more you find it lacks to much.  I thought the days of just standing NPC's was long gone but ESO has that everywhere.

Yeah I know most have some but its everywhere in ESO that really bothers me. I just hate my hand being held to go kill some NPC that only moves 1-3 feet. Or dungeon after another you find so many NPC's just standing, sitting one moving and you can just run past most. Exploring at 1st was great yet someone left tons of chests, runes everywhere. That got old real quick.

Its not like skyrim or any elderscrolls I played. Its just classic do quest, craft maybe some pvp. They seem to LOVE the color green on armor. Way to many people looked the same. Way to many cities and the like where you wonder where are all the people that made this city? I see what 8 vendors 8+ guards a few walking lol few 1-2 walking the same path over and over. Each seem to love to stop..do the hand over the eyes to search..for what? No clue

As for Wildstar we know cant say to much yet its different in a good way. So far no lack of things todo ever.

As with any mmo got to get past lvl 10 to really start ..START to talk about it. I will get wildstar when you can preorder. I will not ESO. Not worth the asking price and then $14 a month? It has nothing new. I guess its kind of like real life. Talk a walk in the woods you be lucky, blessed to see ONE wild life. That is ESO.

If you had just said, "I like WS so I'll be getting it" that would be fine, but seriously read what you wrote about ESO and then explain how you reconcile that with your desire to get WS. It makes no sense.

You don't like having your hand held and being told to go kill some NPC's that move 1-3 feet? But yet you like Wildstar . . .

That's literally (not exaggerating here) the exact same thing that WS has you do. "Here is quest, go to marked area on map, do quest" - You hate it when ESO asks you to do it, but not when WS does? Help me out here.

Not to mention I don't believe you've played either game's beta based on how little you know about both.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817

With so many MMO's released... releasing, or soon to be, i think i am just gonna wait till they both go Free to Play then paythe bandwidth to test em out.

I have long since gotten over the need to be the first one to try an mmo out. 

I am hoping you all enjoy both games but i will just wait until the entry to play is alot less of a cost.

Lolipops !

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198

We see most just give there view as if its fact based on watching some video.  

The Wildstar NDA is still up, unless you are press.  So any post about views on Wildstar that you want to make sure doesn't get deleted needs to be framed explicitly in terms of information which is available from videos and other press coverage.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

The Wildstar NDA is still up, unless you are press.  So any post about views on Wildstar that you want to make sure doesn't get deleted needs to be framed explicitly in terms of information which is available from videos and other press coverage.

Bring up a good point here..... Why are Carbine holding onto this NDA so hard ? Makes me wonder what they are trying to cover up.

Lolipops !

• killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995
    Originally posted by Voiidiin
    Originally posted by CazNeerg

Bring up a good point here..... Why are Carbine holding onto this NDA so hard ? Makes me wonder what they are trying to cover up.

An NDA without having announced a release date or offered pre-orders seems fine to me.  How about an NDA while collecting money for pre-orders?  Would that be worse?  I feel like that might have happened somewhere...

• BenjignomeBenjignome Member Posts: 5
    If informing opinion by giving my own is too directive than I'm guilty of something I suppose! Like it or leave it.

I still think there's a large blend of players which will dabble in both and it's not nearly as cut and dry as the OP states. There's pros and cons based on opinion for either game and preference of the player.

TLDR try both, go with fav. End of story.
  • CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by killion81

An NDA without having announced a release date or offered pre-orders seems fine to me.  How about an NDA while collecting money for pre-orders?  Would that be worse?  I feel like that might have happened somewhere...

For all of what, a few days?  With the pre-orders only going up when they did because of damage control after Amazon leaked an image of the Imp edition anyway.  You make it sound like some Machiavellian plan.  Which is rendered really ridiculous when you consider that most people have a more positive impression of ESO since the NDA dropped, not a less positive one.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.