Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good blood-mage build?

2»

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by Arataki
    Originally posted by Tamanous
    Simply put you are not meant to be a healer just using siphon abilities even with their heal morphs. The utility from them is supposed to supplement the use of a Resto staff.

I take it you barely read anything I wrote, if at all.

I was agreeing and further explaining what you said.

Do you interpret everything from a point of negativity? Just imagine how your experience on these boards would be like if you actually stopped viewing everyone as being against you.

You stay sassy!

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by Mackaveli44
    I too, am into a blood mage type character but after testing out the siphoning abilities for a couple beta events I've come to the conclusion that the life siphon portion of the ability that gives you health for 30% of the dmg done does NOT stack.  So if you nuke 3 different mobs, youll only get the siphon benefits from 1.  If you could indeed benefit from all 3 then that would be awesome but unfortunately it doesnt work that way.  At least currently, whos to say it wont change later?  We were afterall playing an old build.

Stacking was confirmed by a dev in a video a while back. Only 1 hot works at one time.

Sadly he didn't explain anything beyond this such as if different hots from different sources can stack or if stack limits exist. I didn't test this however. I see now that mods exists to track hots and dots so someone using such a mod can hopefully reveal the answer.

Edit: I see someone above noticed that at least some different ones stack. Good news indeed.

You stay sassy!

• AratakiArataki Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Arataki
    Simply put you are not meant to be a healer just using siphon abilities even with their heal morphs. The utility from them is supposed to supplement the use of a Resto staff.

I take it you barely read anything I wrote, if at all.

I was agreeing and further explaining what you said.

Do you interpret everything from a point of negativity? Just imagine how your experience on these boards would be like if you actually stopped viewing everyone as being against you.

Were you agreeing? 

From my point of view I wrote that I played a full Siphon healer and didn't need a Resto staff and you're asserting that you can't Siphon heal without one. Seemed to be pretty contrary to me. *shrug*