Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

HUGE anticipation now..

Can you feel it?

Release please!

Comments

• TelondarielTelondariel Ottawa, ONPosts: 1,001Member
    It's funny, but I do feel it to some extent.  After the last Beta weekend I just have no interest in the game that I am currently playing anymore.  I think ESO is finally going to cut that 9 year umbilical cord I have to EQ2.

• KyleranKyleran Tampa, FLPosts: 19,991Member Uncommon
    Nothing can ever meet overly high expectations, better to reign them in a bit.

In my day MMORPG's were so hard we fought our way through dungeons in the snow, uphill both ways.
    "I don't have one life, I have many lives" - Grunty
    Still currently "subscribed" to EVE, and only EVE!!!
    "This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• GillleanGilllean NewYork, ALPosts: 169Member

Same after ESO can't play gw2 can't farm those lvl 50 fractal and can't farm bags in that wvw.

Reading a book right now until ESO release.  I just hope better  Graphics for ultra setting at release better textures and other nice graphical stuff.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,610Member Uncommon
    I had been playing LOTRO some Rift and some GW2 prior to getting in on the beta... I just can't seem to log-in to them any more... Skyrim is about the only RPG I can play at the moment.
  • Soki123Soki123 Kelowna, BCPosts: 1,479Member Uncommon
    Not for me. The beta actually made me re sub DAOC. Now that's some real RvR.
  • jorenjoren okoboji, IAPosts: 5Member Uncommon

I was very happy playing a couple games, and then I logged into ESO for the last beta weekend. I couldn't get enough of it, and I am so hooked.

I've tried playing those games I was happily playing before, but they just don't cut it anymore. I log into the games for a couple minutes, stare at the screen, and log back out. They just don't compare.

The release date had better come soon because I really can't find anything to fill my gaming void right now. I thought ESO was that good. Hopefully my infatuation with the game will last for many months down the road. I haven't been this addicted to a game for a very long time.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Belleville, ONPosts: 1,108Member
    Originally posted by Soki123

That's nice ...it was great 12 years ago

• GillleanGilllean NewYork, ALPosts: 169Member
    This is quite a face palm for those predicting ESO to fail . God damn this internet freedom of speech.
  • WightyWighty Westbury, NYPosts: 664Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Nothing can ever meet overly high expectations, better to reign them in a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f68VXKMZT1Q

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• st3v3b0st3v3b0 Gainesville, FLPosts: 147Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Gilllean
    This is quite a face palm for those predicting ESO to fail . God damn this internet freedom of speech.

No facepalm here.  I still anticipate B2P in 12-18 months.

• Soki123Soki123 Kelowna, BCPosts: 1,479Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by Soki123

That's nice ...it was great 12 years ago

Great 12 years later, actually.

• rygard49rygard49 Huntington Beach, CAPosts: 975Member
    Since SWTOR I've tried to be hesitantly optimistic about unreleased games. ESO has me pretty jazzed, though. More than I would have expected after my first couple of beta weekends.
  • OriousOrious O''Fallon, ILPosts: 548Member

Usually when NDA releases there's a ton of backlash. It happened with AoC and SWTOR.

With the NDA gone on ESO their ratings have actually improved. This could be because the hype was less than the other ones in the first place, but a good sign nonetheless.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,587Member Uncommon

To put the context of this tread into perspective, many of you are claiming that you played ESO beta and cannot touch your old games now. Well, that's great but a couple years ago, during the GW2 weekend beta event phase, this very forum coined the term "The Guild Wars 2 Effect". It's essentially the exact same thing some of you are saying. After trying the game, during the beta events, players who pre-purchased did not feel like returning to there current MMOs, They just wanted to continue to play GW2. Some, if not many of those "GW2 Effect" sufferers, when questioned, responded with "We've actually played the game, so we know....." Only to turn up 1-2 months later trashing the game, again, because they didn't keep their own expectations in check.

• IselinIselin Vancouver, BCPosts: 5,610Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

To put the context of this tread into perspective, many of you are claiming that you played ESO beta and cannot touch your old games now. Well, that's great but a couple years ago, during the GW2 weekend beta event phase, this very forum coined the term "The Guild Wars 2 Effect". It's essentially the exact same thing some of you are saying. After trying the game, during the beta events, players who pre purchased did not feel like returning to there current MMOs, They just wanted to continue to play GW2. I wonder, how many gamers who "suffered" from the "GW2 Effect" during beta without keeping realistic expectations are still playing GW2.  And yeah, they also said "WE've actually played the game, so we know....." Only to turn up 1-2 months later trashing the game, again, because they didn't keep their own expectations in check.

Or put another way, the GW2 effect is not a predictor of the longevity of the game...was anyone claiming it is?

• MyriaMyria Lowell, MAPosts: 570Member Uncommon

To put the context of this tread into perspective, many of you are claiming that you played ESO beta and cannot touch your old games now. Well, that's great but a couple years ago, during the GW2 weekend beta event phase, this very forum coined the term "The Guild Wars 2 Effect".

Actually I had the same thought, only I remember similar things being said about WAR back when the WoW forums were aflame with the whole "WoW stands for Waiting on Warhammer!" thing.

• OriousOrious O''Fallon, ILPosts: 548Member

To put the context of this tread into perspective, many of you are claiming that you played ESO beta and cannot touch your old games now. Well, that's great but a couple years ago, during the GW2 weekend beta event phase, this very forum coined the term "The Guild Wars 2 Effect". It's essentially the exact same thing you are all saying. After trying the game, during the beta events, players who pre purchased did not feel like returning to there current MMOs, They just wanted to continue to play GW2. I wonder, how many gamers who "suffered" from the "GW2 Effect" during beta without keeping realistic expectations are still playing GW2. 

GW2 has been the highest rated game on mmorpg.com for a while. A lot of people are probably still playing it religiously or on-and-off.

• TelondarielTelondariel Ottawa, ONPosts: 1,001Member

To put the context of this tread into perspective, many of you are claiming that you played ESO beta and cannot touch your old games now. Well, that's great but a couple years ago, during the GW2 weekend beta event phase, this very forum coined the term "The Guild Wars 2 Effect". It's essentially the exact same thing some of you are saying. After trying the game, during the beta events, players who pre purchased did not feel like returning to there current MMOs, They just wanted to continue to play GW2. I wonder, how many gamers who "suffered" from the "GW2 Effect" during beta without keeping realistic expectations are still playing GW2.  And yeah, they also said "WE've actually played the game, so we know....." Only to turn up 1-2 months later trashing the game, again, because they didn't keep their own expectations in check.

I think the type that goes in and out of a game to later trash it in very short order are akin to the content locust.  Nothing will ever satisfy those people.

From reading the thread so far, and measuring my own expectations, I certainly don't see any evidence of these unrealistic expectations that you kindly ask us to keep in check.  Rather, I see people that enjoyed what they saw and experienced and are interested in that product.  No hysteria here.  But, please, keep trying to doom and gloom.

• PyatraPyatra Kansas City, KSPosts: 644Member
    Originally posted by joren

I was very happy playing a couple games, and then I logged into ESO for the last beta weekend. I couldn't get enough of it, and I am so hooked.

I've tried playing those games I was happily playing before, but they just don't cut it anymore. I log into the games for a couple minutes, stare at the screen, and log back out. They just don't compare.

The release date had better come soon because I really can't find anything to fill my gaming void right now. I thought ESO was that good. Hopefully my infatuation with the game will last for many months down the road. I haven't been this addicted to a game for a very long time.

BLARG!  I WANT BACK IN!  Only thing I can play is 7 Days to Die because most other games feel like the ghost of Christmas past.

• DrannorDrannor CracowPosts: 20Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Iselin
    I had been playing LOTRO some Rift and some GW2 prior to getting in on the beta... I just can't seem to log-in to them any more... Skyrim is about the only RPG I can play at the moment.

Hahaha...same. Launching SWTOR (20+ days of my subscription left)...log off after 20 minutes. Launching GW2...there is so much to do..what will I do...errr...maybe...um.../age 2493h...log off. Same with AoC and LOTRO.

Hell, watching ESO beta vids and reading related articles is more fun at the moment :P

Damn you, hype.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer ChairPosts: 5,587Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Telondariel

I think the type that goes in and out of a game to later trash it in very short order are akin to the content locust.  Nothing will ever satisfy those people.

From reading the thread so far, and measuring my own expectations, I certainly don't see any evidence of these unrealistic expectations that you kindly ask us to keep in check.  Rather, I see people that enjoyed what they saw and experienced and are interested in that product.  No hysteria here.  But, please, keep trying to doom and gloom.

History is repeating. The responses were the same then too.

The fact that you are calling what should be considered common sense advice, "doom and gloom" is telling indeed.

• marsmercermarsmercer Smyrna, SCPosts: 24Member Uncommon
    That's where I am. I tried to re-subscribe to WoW and cancelled two days later. I've been dividing my time between Rift, Neverwinter Online and GW2. I'm in the game world all of 20-30 minutes and get so itchy. I'm restless. I simply need my 'serious' title. I'm having withdraws from the past two beta weekends. Wickedly tempted to try Gloria Victis until I get to play ESO again (I preordered the boxed Imperial Edition)!