Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So let me get this straight?

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

They "lift' the NDA but it is really only for the stress testers who didnt need it lifted anyway because everyone who wants to see the game for themselves van. BUT they still have the NDA firmly in place for anyone who has seen any zone above the ones the stress testers have seen?

Really?

I havent paid to much attention because I wrote this game off awhile ago and arguing with people on the forums about it was pointless. But I read that last week they dropped the NDA so I looked a little bit for stuff from guys who have ben playing the higher end cotent but didnt see anything. Then I saw a few comments that their NDA was still in place.

LMAO if that isnt a red flag I really dont know what is.

You lift an NDA for people who dont need an NDA lifted and you keep enforcing the NDA for the stuff people actually might want to know?

Age of Conan all over again.

Just reinforces my sentiments that this game has a lot to hide and the issues we see in the starter areas continue to carry over, and more than likely intensify as you get into the higher level zones.

So all the talk and excitement of the NDA getting lifted was pointless fan boy nonsense as usual because the only thing people can talk about is what everyone has already seen.

Comments

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Doom.  DOOOOOM!

Well, except there are some people who are reviewing the Elder game in ESO.

Try reading this:

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/eso-isariis-comprehensive-review/

Please no more doom and gloom threads...it's just a game. If you're on a budget, read up on the game to see if it's right for you. If you're not so strapped for cash and interested, pick it up and try it out on release. If you really don't care for the game, why post about it and spread FUD?

Edit:

Not even sure why I bothered to respond to this thread.  Should have just reported it as troll thread and moved on.

• IkonicIkonic Member UncommonPosts: 310
    People are always going to find something to complain about...
  • AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295

The only thing pointless is your thread. The NDA is lifted completely.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by angriel

Hmm?

The NDA is lifted. Period.

Stop with the conspiracy theories (unless you have really entertaining ones!)

really? So where are the reviews of the guys who have seen stuff past the first level area?

I have done a few searches and havent seen shit form anyone that hasnt seen the same exact thing stress testers have seen.

Where are the videos of the raids? We have seen a million level 10-20 guys posting their videos where is someone in a zone other than the 9 stress testers have seen?

Its not a full NDA lift. its a half assed one so people like you can make the statement you just did.

If it were a full NDA lift we wouldnt be seeing a bunch of Cyrodiil videos from guys in their teen levels. We would be seeing these adventure area videos or 24 (or is it 16 now_ man 'raids', or max level crafted gear, or max level stats, and videos of max level areas. 

Like I said what we really know about the game is the same as we knew 3 or 4 months ago. Everything else is still speculation or what Zenimax has said. 

Post me a link to something from any other zone that what stress testers have seen. That wasnt released by zenimax. And I dont think they have even released anything from later zones either. But show me anything from guys who have seen later game content.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414

New Theory.

They lifted the NDA, but only for those who have played the game!

OMG! What are they trying to hide!

• ariestearieste Member UncommonPosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by rodarin

Age of Conan all over again.

I hope so.   AoC was the most fun i've had in one of these themepark games in years. 

Also, there is a rather lengthy post from a post-50 player that was linked in this very forum today (or last night).   Check it out.

"I’d rather work on something with great potential than on fulfilling a promise of mediocrity."

- Raph Koster

Tried: AO,EQ,EQ2,DAoC,SWG,AA,SB,HZ,CoX,PS,GA,TR,IV,GnH,EVE, PP,DnL,WAR,MxO,SWG,FE,VG,AoC,DDO,LoTRO,Rift,TOR,Aion,Tera,TSW,GW2,DCUO,CO,STO
    Favourites: AO,SWG,EVE,TR,LoTRO,TSW,EQ2, Firefall
    Currently Playing: ESO

Originally posted by HighMarshal

New Theory.

Although youre trying to be sarcastic youre 100% correct. They only lifted the NDA on what theyre allowing people to see not what people probably really want to know.

The NDAis ONLY lifted on what people already know.

That is why people still cant answer questions about anything past the first zone of each alliance.

If it were a REAL NDA then people could ask "what are the 'raids like?, 'how about end game content beyond PvP?', 'what does end game gear look like?', 'what are the stats of XXXX class at max level?' Or ANY question someone might have bout something past level 20 or so.

Zenimax knows what theyre doing obviously theyre following the same pattern every other company has followed  the past decade, release half finished games in beta phase and charge a sub and have people thankful for paying. Then milk as much money form the sheep as they can before they realize "hey there isnt anything to do at level XXX". Then those same fan boys are the first to whine and cry on the forums because the game lacks content, and then they really lose their minds when it eventually goes free to play. Pick any game released since 2005 and its the same story. This one isnt any different. the problm is people are still falling for it, and not only falling for it but defending it.

But I had my say on it. I was over this game even before they released Imperials behind a pay wall and alliance unlock behind a pre order wall. But I just thought I would come in and highlight yet another red flag from this company when it comes to this title.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

It must be sooooo embarrasing to make a triumphant "hater" post and then discover you got it totally wrong, lmao

But I see the OP is in full evasion mode as he tries to wriggle out of this mess.

/popcorn

OP, why did you COMPLETELY ignore the link I gave you?

Ugh, I did it again.  (I gotta stop feeding him.)

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

If it were a REAL NDA then people could ask "what are the 'raids like?, 'how about end game content beyond PvP?', 'what does end game gear look like?', 'what are the stats of XXXX class at max level?' Or ANY question someone might have bout something past level 20 or so.

Do you even read?

• AvaglaorAvaglaor Member UncommonPosts: 25
    wtf, are you drunk ?
  • HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/405480/Comments-from-a-player-who-claimed-to-reach-50-and-beyond.html

Post made shown comments of people who had reached max, so there is info, but from what people have been saying, toons get wiped every so often, so it's not easy to make a in-depth video i guess. Some can't be bothred or haven't had a chance due to the wipes.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

browse u-tube there are a few vids floating around about PvP and higher level stuff.

there jsut arnt alot of people who have gotten that high yet due to char whipes during beta weekends which is pretty standard practice.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• GrimeyeDGrimeyeD Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by Azzras

OP, why did you COMPLETELY ignore the link I gave you?

Ugh, I did it again.  (I gotta stop feeding him.)

You have to make a link of it. Let's not make it hard for him...

http://tamrielfoundry.com/2014/02/eso-isariis-comprehensive-review/

• LatronusLatronus Member Posts: 692
    I have an idea, don't like it, don't play it.   You should take that tinfoil hat off as well.  It makes you look very silly.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

So OP in denial much?

Guess haters gotta hate, but its amusing when they make up BS and post it as fact, and ignore any evidence pointed out to them that doesn't fit their agenda. 

I read Issariis blog or whatever. Its a fanboy piece written by a fan and a moderator at a fan site, of course it is going to be as positive as he can make it. But if yoyu look at it there is plenty of hesitation and clear 'warning' to not get overly excited about it.

The fact that it wasnt a complete puff piece should really make people take pause.

But he put the best spin on it he could.

But what is most telling is there are no vids, no screen shots, nothing in depth about anything 'end game' releated. He glosses over al lthat stuff. The only thing he got semi specific on was the adventure zones,and who there isnt anything known about them and if people are lucky there will be one at release (tested or not who knows)

He said it point blank, themepark game that does exactly what every other game does. Skills are still imbalanced, which they always will be. But the best thing he could say about the game was it was addicting. yeah for now. because its new.

Once the newness wears off  this game (in 2-3 months) people will exodus from it just they they do every other game. If the lack of higher level content is as extreme as I think it is going to be it might even be less. I suspect people will be max level before the head start is over, and then we will really get a sense of what is up. But by then the game is bought and paid for and whether it offers you anything or not doesnt matter.

People can spin it anyway they want I havent seen much positive come out of anything relating to end game content open the PvE side at all.

So either they arent allowing people to talk about it or it simply doesnt exist. Neither of those options is a good sign.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

New Theory.

That is why people still cant answer questions about anything past the first zone of each alliance.

Huh? We played 3 zones past on the ebonheart cov.  

You elves are such slackers.

OP be trollin us.  Can we all just report this thread and move on?

• Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139

NDA has been lifted... completely :D

/meaningnowandhereaftarrrr

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

i find it funny that alot of people think when someone dosunt share there point of view  they are a troll or a fanboi but when they do share our point of view they must be correct.

what ever happend to people haveing opinions, although some people really should look more into things or at least ask questions from both sides before forming one.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Why you want to know every little detail about the game before playing it a mystery to me. You think you're ever going to be happy with a game when there's no point in playing it, since you already know everything that's in it and everything that's going to happen?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
    Originally posted by Squeak69

i find it funny that alot of people think when someone dosunt share there point of view  they are a troll or a fanboi but when they do share our point of view they must be correct.

what ever happend to people haveing opinions, although some people really should look more into things or at least ask questions from both sides before forming one.

The OP is flamebaiting.  If the OP had opinions and wanted to express them, that's fine.  I have serious doubts to how well ESO will be also.

But I actually took the time to read the OP.  It's written in such a way that it is meat to instigate flaming and isn't even based on facts...and then OP completely ignores posts that contradict his/her OP....

Anyway, to each their own I guess.  That's all the time I care to spend in this thread.  Enjoy.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001

I havent paid to much attention because I wrote this game off awhile ago and arguing with people on the forums about it was pointless.

..aaaand yet you are still here?  Doing the same thing?  Why is that again?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

New Theory.

Although youre trying to be sarcastic youre 100% correct. They only lifted the NDA on what theyre allowing people to see not what people probably really want to know.

The NDAis ONLY lifted on what people already know.

Zenimax knows what theyre doing obviously theyre following the same pattern every other company has followed  the past decade, release half finished games in beta phase and charge a sub and have people thankful for paying. Then milk as much money form the sheep as they can before they realize "hey there isnt anything to do at level XXX". Then those same fan boys are the first to whine and cry on the forums because the game lacks content, and then they really lose their minds when it eventually goes free to play. Pick any game released since 2005 and its the same story. This one isnt any different. the problm is people are still falling for it, and not only falling for it but defending it.

But I had my say on it. I was over this game even before they released Imperials behind a pay wall and alliance unlock behind a pre order wall. But I just thought I would come in and highlight yet another red flag from this company when it comes to this title.

At the same time, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill. What is not known, is not known. You are looking into the unknown and pointing at monsters in the dark..

This discussion has been closed.