Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You thought ESO was bad?Wait till you play wildstar

gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

I see many people bashing ESO.

While I m not trying to support Elder scrolls or saying that is the mesiah of mmorpgs.I recently played wildstar and well it turned to be....

Eso is a masterpiece compared to wildstar.

Comments

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

ESO is definately not a bad game.

Iam carefully to say something about a game I did not play, but watching videos about Wildstar it looks like it is made for children and looks quiete simple:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R--cBl8GzoY&html5=1

• JamesykaiJamesykai Member UncommonPosts: 15
    I found ESO pretty good. It just lacks anything unique IMO
  • gonewildgonewild Member UncommonPosts: 136

The funny thing is that people are dissapointed by Eso and putting their hopes on wildstar.

But they dont know that wildstar is worse than Eso.

I feel sorry for those blind believers

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Personal preferences. I'm enjoying Wildstar, but can't say same for ESO. 
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Originally posted by gonewild

The funny thing is that people are dissapointed by Eso and putting their hopes on wildstar.

I am afraid you might be wrong there.

Wildstar is 100% classic themepark vanilla WOW copy.

Where ESO is game that wants to copy singleplayer sandbox RPG but has to pack it as MMO. And than aditionally adds some stuff like zone PVP.

So where some might happen to like identity crisis of ESO, everyone knows Wildstar is based on stuff that we all know to work good. No suprises there.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    I would say that you have no idea what you are talking about OP..... Wildstar will definitely appeal to an extremely large group of people.......

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Truth is, if Wildstar was a WoW clone it could actually be good.

What I have played in the Wildstar beta was enough for me to uninstall the game, save 50 bucks on the pre order and never consider touching it again.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

What I have played in the Wildstar beta was enough for me to uninstall the game, save 50 bucks on the pre order and never consider touching it again.

How come its not WoW clone ? What made you decide that ?

• MoosahMoosah Member UncommonPosts: 12

After having played the ESO beta last weekend and the WildStar stress test this weekend, I couldn't disagree more.

Everything I've experienced over the past two days has only made me hungry for more and I will be pre-ordering WildStar the moment it's available.  To each his own, hopefully you find the right game for you. 

Intel Core i7 4770K 4.4GHz | ASUS Z87 PRO | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Gigabyte Aurus Nvidia Geforce 1080Ti 11GB | Creative Soundblaster Z Sound Card | Samsung 256GB 840Pro SSD | OCZ Vertex 4 256GB SSD | Antec TruPower Quattro 1200 Watt PSU

• ZagaZaga Member Posts: 23

As of most recent betas:

ESO feels like a below average themepark with a lot of wasted potential. The PvP (a mix of GW2's WvW and WAR's RvR) and the above-average crafting are its only highlights.

Wildstar feels like a feature-stripped version of WoW, complete with less classes, less races, less abilities, linear zones, and an art style taken from Cartoon Network to match their feature-stripped graphics engine (particle effects! wooo!).

• GreyifGreyif Member UncommonPosts: 17

I agree, but it all comes down to personal tastes. I am sure Wildstar will do fine.

After ESO beta I decided I like the game and can't wait to see more.. (Pre-Ordered CE Now)

I initially liked Wildstar when I did the first stress test but I can't say that I feel that way now after playing ESOs beta, Wildstar's cartoon style graphics make it hard for me to feel immersed. (Nothing wrong with that, but if I wanted to play WoW id just play WoW)

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234

While I m not trying to support Elder scrolls or saying that is the mesiah of mmorpgs.I recently played wildstar and well it turned to be....

How many games have you flip-flopped through in the last year?

Yeah, I'll make up my own mind when I get there. Nice try but I make my own decisions.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Well, I'm not sure how much could be said without breaking NDA, but I can say that I'm enjoying Wildstar A LOT more than TESO.  I don't think that should be an issue saying that much, but I can't go into specifics why.

My feelings on TESO is it's all mediocre.  It doesn't make a very good single player game nor does it make a good multiplayer game (I had so many problems getting people in the same "instance" as me out in the open world even though they were in my group, the "megaserver" is a lie).  I might play it when it goes free to play as the PvP is good, but it's mostly just a copy of GW2's WvW with a few improvements here (especially performance wise) and there and less fluid combat.

• tomy111tomy111 Member UncommonPosts: 36

WildStar is better then ESO  i played both but  WS is better for me

Originally posted by Lobotomist

How come its not WoW clone ? What made you decide that ?

I cannot tell the details because of NDA and I dont want my forum account here to be banned...

But lets just say that the only similarities with WoW are kill ten rats type of quest and the graphics, which seem at points to be a total copy cat.

Apart from that is a totally different game, but a bad one at that. :(

And I was really hyped up for it... bah :(

New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well seeing as you don´t care about neither NDA or your MMORPG account... Care to explain your points.

Because what i have seen so far from promo material and my time in the ESO beta

Both are "themepark" MMO´s

Wildstar have superior animations

ESO have a more open skill system

Wildstar have a lighter tone

ESO have deeper lore

Wildstar have a better housing system

ESO have a flexible class system

So to me it simply seems like it is a question of taste... And for someone who does not find ESO to be to their taste it seesm to me that WildStar might be a game for them. I think WildStar will do a lot better just because it is not carrying around a brickhouse on it´s back... ESO will always suffer due to people expecting to get a single player story in a MMO. Also ESO is so very much a ES game that in many ways it is regressing the genre.

But in some ways i agree, it is far from as bad as people here make it out to be, i just think it is unfair to compare Wildstar with it.. they share pretty much nothing beyond being MMO+s and "themepark". It would be like comparing a hardboiled egg to a choco egg... Bot are, well egg shaped and have a shell... but there is sort of where the similarities end.

Originally posted by ZagaWildstar feels like a feature-stripped version of WoW, complete with less classes, less races, less abilities, linear zones, and an art style taken from Cartoon Network to match their feature-stripped graphics engine (particle effects! wooo!).

To be honest i take the style of WildStar over a game that have animations from 1997... And bad animations at that. There is no life in any PC or NPC in ESO. They all pretty much look like robots. Not to mention the combat animations. Wildstar at least have nice smooth animations and the world look alive.

Not to mention that ESO will look like crap in a year or so... Just like any other ES game.. But this time the community will not be able to save it.

This have been a good conversation

• kueykuey Member UncommonPosts: 39

I have yet to play Wildstar so I can't make a comparison, but to those who actually HAVE played both... What made Wildstar seem like a flop in comparison to ESO? Hard to take people seriously when the majority offer up vague reasons as to why it's better, like "the combat is better" or "questing is more fun," without actually explaining how they came to such a conclusion.

Originally posted by kuey

I have yet to play Wildstar so I can't make a comparison, but to those who actually HAVE played both... What made Wildstar seem like a flop in comparison to ESO? Hard to take people seriously when the majority offer up vague reasons as to why it's better, like "the combat is better" or "questing is more fun," without actually explaining how they came to such a conclusion.

We cannot explain the details because of the Wildstar NDA.

Wait and you will be as dissapointed as I am when I played the beta.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

Thank you for for your detailed and constructive comparison.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Both will flop. The age of themepark MMOs is over.

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• GillleanGilllean Member Posts: 169

http://s7.directupload.net/images/user/140212/wrrin8wg.jpg

I think TESO is great, game play, WvW, 90 % of all aspects. But I hate 1 thing and it's graphic it look a lot like default Skyrim very dull and lifeless . It misses those beautiful Graphic mods take a look at screens game graphics look life less I think ENB will make it much more better. ESO in screen is at ultra graphics ALSO armor have minimal tessallation . I rely hope they rework Ultra setting for people with decent PC.

Originally posted by Gremriel

Funny, I had the same feeling when I tried the ESO beta

I had the same feeling from TESO too, thats why I saved both Wildstar and Teso money... lol

And no, Wildstar is not a WoW clone, maybe if it were it would have been more fun I guess...

• laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

Consider so many people are bashing wow, gw2, rift, swtor, and they seemed to be the top played game right now....

ESO must be a good game if people bash it.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

This is yet another pointless personal preference debate.

That said, i've had the good fortune of having the chance to test both and i now know that my ship will sail to Tamriel.

Both games will have their supporters and haters.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Wildstar is really a poor man's Rift. Of all the Wow clones Rift did the best in retaining the good aspects of the game and refining the bad ones. Rift had some of the most solid raid content ever made and yet it still fell apart and went F2P. You cannot create a succesful MMO by trying to beat Wow at their own design. Games like GW2, TSW and Tera may have been disappointments, but at least I would give them credit for trying something different. 
This discussion has been closed.