Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There is no global AH in ESO: Interesting economic design ?

Comments

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by davc123
    Originally posted by miagisan
    I actually like it. I always hated universal AHs. I like the idea of player/guild shops, makes for a more regional economy.

thats is sux because if you from EU will be hard trade with USA player ..

Not to mention all the spam in several languages.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I tend to dislike magical global AHs but this doesn't seem like a solution to me but just heaping on more problems.
  • PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by davc123
    Originally posted by miagisan
    I actually like it. I always hated universal AHs. I like the idea of player/guild shops, makes for a more regional economy.

thats is sux because if you from EU will be hard trade with USA player ..

Those are two different servers so you wouldn't be able to trade with them in most games.

• Nzscorpion80Nzscorpion80 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Why do they let you become a member of a guild that belongs to another faction, I did see this somewhere, you cant pvp with them, pretty sure when you go to their zone at 50 you cant even see them, whats the thinking behind this.

I understand belonging to more than 1 guild within your own faction though.

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

I'm on the fence for this one.  I'm kind of hoping they put in some way for other players to sell their wares also...ie player shops in major cities.  I'm not so sure I like the idea of guilds being able to almost completely control trade. 

Time will tell.  If it doesn't work and they haven't implemented other ways to trade, maybe (unlike other game devs) they will listen to the community and create an acceptable system.  Not holding my breath.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Lol, it's one of the WORST decisions about a MMO I have EVER heard. And I played a lot of MMOs. It is so bad, what the heck where they thinking? I cannot fathom any reason this really improves a MMO to eliminate one of the best convieneces of player to player trade.

Calling this an improvement is like forbidding telephones with the argument it forces people again to visit each other.

Most ridiculous decsion ever.

This decision WILL fall anyway. People will demand an AH until it comes. We all know this. And Zenimax would know that too, if they knew anything about MMOs. I bet any fortune that it comes within the first year. Enough MMO gamers will call for it. It's how these things work. So WHY on gods green earth did they exclude something everyone knows they will have to bend and add it ANYWAY? It's just so absurd.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Are they going to have queues to join your campaign when there are too many people fighting on your side in Cyrodil? Are you going to have to wait hours if you chose a busy campaign just to even look at the goods that people in one of your guilds put up?
    Originally posted by Elikal

Lol, it's one of the WORST decisions about a MMO I have EVER heard. And I played a lot of MMOs. It is so bad, what the heck where they thinking? I cannot fathom any reason this really improves a MMO to eliminate one of the best convieneces of player to player trade.

Calling this an improvement is like forbidding telephones with the argument it forces people again to visit each other.

Worse than WoW clones like SWTOR, WildStar, etc?

I'd have to disagree with you there.

Originally posted by Azzras

Yes WAY worse.

Being in some dungeon with a group, bags are full, having to toss away stuff or walk to a city: just bad beyond all I can imagine.

And as I said: AHs WILL come anyway. It is just ridiculous to try to fight the inevitable. This is like making an angular wheel, change for the mere sake of change, entirely ignoring that in some case any change is only devolution.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Sounds much like Phantasy Star Online back in 2000 , well at least you haven't got chat bubbles because without a global place to trade or shop it would have been a complete nightmare. I thought there was going to be player housing in the game ?If so then you could have your own shop like in PSU , which was a much better way of doing things.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246

There will be an AH whether ESO puts one in or not. If they do not, someone will simply develop an Ebay for ESO website.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Bad.dog
    Originally posted by -aLpHa-

This is wrong on so many levels *shake head*.

This is so right on so many levels "shakes head"

Which is why it went over so well in FFXIV that they changed it upon re release of ARR.

And it was also how the first main stream mmo, Ultima Online, did things.  So since it's such an old and established idea why don't more MMOs use it?

Because it's frustrating and bad design.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by timidobserver

There will be an AH whether ESO puts one in or not. If they do not, someone will simply develop an Ebay for ESO website.

I'm sure several of those will be attempted.

Have you ever tried to use an out-of-game website to arrange trades ?

It's a nightmare. People will frequently agree to buy something via the website, then avoid you ingame for a day or two. Eventually you find out they bought the item cheaper somewhere else, and you've been keeping the goods for them for a few days all for nothing...

• HengistHengist Member RarePosts: 1,282

Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by timidobserver There will be an AH whether ESO puts one in or not. If they do not, someone will simply develop an Ebay for ESO website.

It's a nightmare. People will frequently agree to buy something via the website, then avoid you ingame for a day or two. Eventually you find out they bought the item cheaper somewhere else, and you've been keeping the goods for them for a few days all for nothing...

They worked for years in Ultima Online, when it was a challenge to go visit every player vendor, and you were looking for something.

Nobody is saying they are perfect, but they are far, far more workable when it's the only solution available players.

• timidobservertimidobserver Member UncommonPosts: 246
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by timidobserver

Yes, you've just discovered why it is a terrible idea for ESO to not have a global AH. Regardless, there is going to be a global AH. ESO, should just add it themselves instead of allowing people to have terrible experiences with externally created systems. 

Yes WAY worse.

Being in some dungeon with a group, bags are full, having to toss away stuff or walk to a city: just bad beyond all I can imagine.

And as I said: AHs WILL come anyway. It is just ridiculous to try to fight the inevitable. This is like making an angular wheel, change for the mere sake of change, entirely ignoring that in some case any change is only devolution.

Yup, my bags have NEVER filled up in any other MMO and I had to drop junk....

/s

Who knows, maybe AH isn't needed.  Maybe it is.  One thing that seems fairly certain is that you won't be purchasing the game...or am I wrong?

Yes WAY worse.

/s

Who knows, maybe AH isn't needed.  Maybe it is.  One thing that seems fairly certain is that you won't be purchasing the game...or am I wrong?

I like the basic game. I hate the details of the lacking MMO parts. I will wait how the MMO evolves over time, if they add some of the things I missed.

Originally posted by Torvaldr

The GTM in TOR is actually really cool so yeah, this is a ridiculously hideous decision.

I thought there would be a decent trade system of some type within the faction. Mega guilds are going to control trade and pvp. Trade channel and whatever ends up being the trade hub(s) are going to be a nightmare.

They should have at least implemented the player shop type of system you see in Lineage and Aion. That would have been an acceptable alternative.

Total deal breaker for me.

The one in SWTOR took many many months before it was really useful.

Anyway, I'm not saying ESO needs one or not until I've tried it out.

To many opinions and not enough information yet to determine what ESO lacks or not.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Yes WAY worse.

/s

I like the basic game. I hate the details of the lacking MMO parts. I will wait how the MMO evolves over time, if they add some of the things I missed.

The people on these forums complain all the time about lack of innovation and how everything is a WoW clone than when a company tries to do something different we complain about how they are lacking the basic parts of a MMO that makes it a WoW clone.  Maybe no auction hall will work maybe it won't but shouldn't we be applauding Zenimax for stepping outside the box and at least trying it?  It would be a lot easier to add in a AH later if this experiment fails than to take it out after it's been in game for awhile and if it does fail it's going to be because player mentality no longer can tolerate things like these.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by udon

Yes WAY worse.

/s

The people on these forums complain all the time about lack of innovation and how everything is a WoW clone than when a company tries to do something different we complain about how they are lacking the basic parts of a MMO that makes it a WoW clone.  Maybe no auction hall will work maybe it won't but shouldn't we be applauding Zenimax for stepping outside the box and at least trying it?  It would be a lot easier to add in a AH later if this experiment fails than to take it out after it's been in game for awhile and if it does fail it's going to be because player mentality no longer can tolerate things like these.

Well said

• IneveraskforthisIneveraskforthis Member Posts: 374

It can makes or breaks the players economy .

There was no AH in FFXIV 1.0 (and other mmos such as voyage century) and it was a pain in the butt.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by udon

Yes WAY worse.

/s

I'm not going to applaud a step backwards. That's not innovation. I'll be watching to see how this works out, but I've experienced a few games that had a limited or no trade system at all. Not only that but this entire system is ripe for the mega-guilds (Gaiscoch, Old Timers, Legends, etc) to dominate and monopolize these systems. I consider the mega guilds the single most detrimental affect on mmos period.

I might agree with you if they just took AH's away and didn't replace it with alternatives for us to use in its stead.  But they did take steps to give alternatives to the AH in game or to at least make it more dynamic and population controlled.  Who knows in 2-3 months I might be up there saying this is a horrible system but it won't be because removing the AH is fundamentally flawed it will be because Zenimax messed up the implementation of how they removed it.

Even if guilds can affect the market in public stores they own they will be competing with each other for market share between different campaigns.  I'm not that worried about mega guilds dominating the market place but I guess we will see.

And without a global AH that makes in guild/alliance crafters much more competitive.  Imagine a small crafting guild alliancing with a number of larger ones to provide goods and services between with the alliance providing security and support of a keep based shop.

• macromastiamacromastia Member UncommonPosts: 23
    The interview in August stating a 300 member limit to guilds is incorrect. My GM and others in the guild have been working with Zenimax for years on this game and he was personally met with the developers in getting info for us. I will only quote what was quoted on our forums because while I'm not sure the exact number because they are not sure either. What I do know is that they want to allow as many players as possible to be in each guild. They just don't know how many that will be yet until it breaks lol.."I have confirmation that guilds will allow "thousands" of accounts. Their goal behind the system is to allow massive commerce guilds and things like the mages guild." This was confirmed to the the direction per the directive from Matt Firior. So it may not be as bad as it seems. All I can say is try it before you knock it ;)