Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO NDA Officially Lifted for everyone

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RedluciferRedlucifer Member Posts: 112

You know I have been a member on this site for a really long time(this is like my 3rd account over the years because i live under a bridge sometimes with my other troll friends).  When it all comes down to it i just want to play more ESO, I was not a fanboi for this title because i thought the worst of it from the get go, I wasn't even that impressed with ALL the features in the game....BUT I have always felt the this IP should have been a MMO and needed to step up to the times and here it is, and its different in a good way.  Their is still issues calling it a PvP game IMO but thats cvause i want to kill anyone anywhere and take everything in their bags in games but that's just me i suppose.  At least there is incentive to holding a keep in this game which no other current MMO actually has in the system so I am happy to see the games moving back to the non hand holding game play of lets go kill some boars in the forest. 

The biggest concern for me is not that the armor is painted on or that pulling back on the bow looks lame as hell and other crap like that don't hold weight with me over mechanics.  This is most certainly a ESO game in that regard and like I said at the beginning I didn't feel overly impressed with the game until they took it away form me, which no other mainstream game has actually made me feel like in at least 10 years....of which i have played in 99% of mainstream betas.

BABY COME BACK!!

• PhierakittenPhierakitten Member Posts: 1
    Anxiously awaiting all the reviews!

CENTER]image[/CENTER]

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by greenreen

Wow, ok let me control my excitement before I start blabbing.

Here's something no one talks about.

There is multi-loot. You have two dead creatures, you loot one and ALL of them are looted in bulk.

No more clicking each one - woohooooo.

PVP was fucking amazing too. I turned a corner and said Holy fucking shit when I saw hundreds of people fighting and siege weapons going like mad.

No lag at all for me EVEN during the stress test with a not gaming based graphics card Radeon HD 7450.

Crafting nodes start off by default not having a glowing icon over them and you can spend crafting skill points if you want to turn in on so you can see them from farther away. That glow makes harvesting in the night so much funner but for a challenge I would leave the indicator off.

yes looting is really easy and fast in game:) i really really like it. no more corpse clicking! 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Doogiehowser
    Great news. There are lot of issues which need to be brought out in open. I think its time i start writing mine to share with rest and get their opinions.

Well, the fact you dislike something does not make it an issue...and honestly, no one cares what you like or dislike.

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644
    Originally posted by Prod1702
    Originally posted by miagisan
    Originally posted by DMKano

OK closed beta testers - endgame content - spill the beans! 

How much of endgame content got tested by beta players?

What can we expect?

Endgame ranged vs melee AvA - how do items/skills scale and perform end game?

Viable builds? FOTM endgame builds? Things that need nerfing?

how would anyone know about end game content? There were a bunch of closed beta weekends (3 days each) with wipes in between.

You are 100% correct sir. There has been no 100% closed beta just beta weekends with wipes after 3 days. No real way to test end game.

Alright, let's do this.  Actually the last 2 weekends were the same characters... no wipe in between.  Still no one got to end game in those weekends but the weekends coming up I believe are the end game ones.

First my main character (had 2 other level 10s)

1. Level 18
    2. Restoration Staff
    3. Heavy Armor
    4. Sorceror
    5. Altmer
    6. Crafting: Level 6-8, Alchemy, Enchanting, Clothier.
    7. Crafting: Level 10-11, Blacksmithing, Woodworking
    8. Crafting: Level 23, Provisioning
    9. Altmeri Dominion
    Skill layout:  Grand Healing, Regeneration, Blessing of Protection or Soul Trap, Crystal Shards, Mage Light

Some interesting things I found out no one has mentioned before:
    • Certain things like Magicka/Health regen have a soft cap for dimishing returns, but it isn't a hidden one like most games.  You character sheet actually turns the stat orange and suggests you spread things out a little.
    • If you are a PVE completionist it's going to be a long damn game.  To do everything (not including crafting) in your faction from level 1-15 takes roughly 90 hours.
    • I liberated a city... A CITY... and it stayed that way because of phasing... I had access to shops, quests, a few mob free mat heavy harvesting grounds.  My choice mattered.
    • Fighters guild has Intimidate as a skill and Mages have Persuasion.  I managed to just not fight some thing... hell... I shook down a wondering merchant with Intimidate and crime isn't even implemented yet.
    • Skulls on the map... balls to the wall hard for your level range, I suggest at least 2 people of appropriate level if not 4, these are not dungeons but open world locations/caves that are not instanced.
    • Treasure maps:  Brilliantly done, it's just a frickin drawn picture with an X, I have always gotten a blue item out of the map chests in Auridon.  Which blue items really are pretty rare.
    • Provisioning:  I got to level 23 in provisioning, nothing like running around with 1/5th more HP for 40 minutes.  To get recipes you have to explore and open cabinets and the such.
    • All I can say is explore!
    Crafting
    Exploring you can find special crafting stations like Skyrim's Lunar forge, except it allows you to make SETS, whatever you can normally make plus set bonuses, but to use them you have to have researched 2-3 of the same item. 

Basically to research a trait for a specific armor/weapon type you break down an item to learn how to make one with traits.  A dagger researched for 6 hours (set and forget, not attended)  and you know how to craft any style/level dagger with that trait... just daggers... and only that property.  TRAITS ARE NOT ENCHANTMENTS, feel free to throw some of those on there too.

Say you wanted to be able to craft all the gear as a blacksmith (this one is the longest because more separate items), you would start some research and come back in 5-6 hours.  Assuming you put no skill points into speeding up research it would take 546 hours of popping something on research every 6 hours.  Put skill points into speeding up research and it's more along 150 hours, every 6 popping  3 items in(if you have it to research).  But you may as well just research while you quest, and just remember to occasionally pop one "in the oven"

Also I should mention that the 90 hours of PVE was in about a 1/5 portion of the faction map.  This is going to be a long game, AND I LOVE IT!  Also PVP was an absolute blast but I will let others go into that.
  • Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139
  • keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    Seen somebody wrote where there is a piraña in the water so u have to use the bridge well if you read the help page it tells you that the piraña and broken bridges ect. Are only there for you if you are not supposed to go to a certain place yet.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466

There is multi-loot. You have two dead creatures, you loot one and ALL of them are looted in bulk.

I take it you have never played Rift, they bought this looting feature in 3-4 years ago.

Originally posted by keenber
    Seen somebody wrote where there is a piraña in the water so u have to use the bridge well if you read the help page it tells you that the piraña and broken bridges ect. Are only there for you if you are not supposed to go to a certain place yet.

There's an achievement earned for encountering those boogers. It's places where you can't go further in the water, piranhas attack you and they quickly drop your health, if you don't immediately double back the way you came, you are dead. Encountered it about 5 times circling an island coastline, only once I didn't move back the way I came instead going lateral so I died.

So, if you do die and you have a soul gem and you use it to resurrect on that spot instead of going to a wayshrine, it gives you a little time in a ghost state to get to a safer spot then you become visible again and enter the world. You can still see mobs while invisible to plan where you want to return. It's probably under 10 seconds, I didn't count it.

They are called slaughter fish.... and they are hilarious when you watching someone else get eaten for a change.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by -aLpHa-

PVP was fucking amazing too. I turned a corner and said Holy fucking shit when I saw hundreds of people fighting and siege weapons going like mad.

No lag at all for me EVEN during the stress test with a not gaming based graphics card Radeon HD 7450.

SWTOR did that one first i think, then WoW implemented it and now it's pretty much standard in all new MMO's (almost).

Rift was the first to bring that feature in but TCOS had a loot pop up feature.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457

What can we expect?

how would anyone know about end game content? There were a bunch of closed beta weekends (3 days each) with wipes in between.

You are 100% correct sir. There has been no 100% closed beta just beta weekends with wipes after 3 days. No real way to test end game.

My characters were not wiped between the last two tests.

That said, I don't know if that was still enough for anyone to get to endgame. I did not.

• junzo316junzo316 Member UncommonPosts: 1,712
    Originally posted by SavageHorizon

I take it you have never played Rift, they bought this looting feature in 3-4 years ago.

It's only if corpses are fairly close together.  Corpses that are further apart requires the looting process to be repeated.

• lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

I love the auto loot system of ESO, you can loot everything nearby by just one E press, but I still prefer GW2's. ESO's auto loot doesn't display your loots so you have to check it for yourself by opening the inventory.

Is there some way to enable it just like in GW2?

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

YES! Praises the heavens!

Please don't jump into this game mildlessly, its not very well designed. A "Cheap Elder Scrolls" knock off is the best description! If your a fan of Elder scrolls, just don't give into an inferior experience and wait it out a month to see how they end up performing and what you see before jumping straight into the game. Its just not that well designed to warrent blindly throwing your money at it (granted thats something ALL games are). Just stay cautious of it is all I can say!

*sigh of relief* god it feels good to not have to 'duck and weave' to express disappointment with the game. XD

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Please don't jump into this game mildlessly, its not very well designed. A "Cheap Elder Scrolls" knock off is the best description! If your a fan of Elder scrolls, just don't give into an inferior experience and wait it out a month to see how they end up performing and what you see before jumping straight into the game. Its just not that well designed to warrent blindly throwing your money at it (granted thats something ALL games are). Just stay cautious of it is all I can say!

*sigh of relief* god it feels good to not have to 'duck and weave' to express disappointment with the game. XD

What about the game didn't you like?  Why do you feel the need to tell others not to buy it...especially without giving reasons?

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Originally posted by Purutzil

How does that make any sense? If everyone heeded your advice to wait a month to see how the game performs, then the game will perform terribly during the first month since everyone is waiting to play.

Your opinion is noted. Others should have the same chance to form their own opinion, especially since yours doesn't come with too many details to draw upon.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Glad to see the NDA down! I look forward to actually talking about playing experience with everyone.

You stay sassy!

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    And so it came to pass that forum moderators across the internet cried for joy, posters readied their impressions without threat of censor, and the devil peaked out of his hole.  
  • macromastiamacromastia Member UncommonPosts: 23

What can we expect?

Actually you are both wrong. There has been a closed beta 24/7 the entire time using a later build than the weekend testers or press get to see. Albeit I don't have any lvl 50 toons due to making multiple alts and just testing all the class/build combinations, lots of people in my guild have tested the endgame extensively and still are. While there is still is an NDA for us to an extent, we are allowed to give our impressions and comment on the higher level content without giving spoilers etc for now. I know I'm not helping with your questions due to my low level toons but I did want to clarify and maybe give hope that someone else who is in the PTS with max level toons might pop in and comment some ;)

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    And so it came to pass that forum moderators across the internet cried for joy, posters readied their impressions without threat of censor, and the devil peaked out of his hole.  

But I am confused.  Where are all the hordes of people who hated the game, coming back to engage now that their "fanboi" enemies can actually respond?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick

But I am confused.  Where are all the hordes of people who hated the game, coming back to engage now that their "fanboi" enemies can actually respond?

Well, considering it's only been a few hours since the NDA drop I'd say that it's a bit early for you to be glib about the lack of negative feed back.

Here was my personal experience.

Elderscrolls complaints -
    -Combat clunky, feels unresponcive and delayed, slow paced.
    -open world gathering points (chests flowers) are shared among all players on your slice of server.  Frustrating.
    -way points malfunction often, quest tracker is not very helpful  (As in it gives you very limited information in the tracker)
    -some gathering points are never active, always (empty) as if this adds to the environmental authenticity I guess?
    -Lock picking is confusing, not explained, and feels like a forcibly tacked on after thought.
    -Lack of Minimap in an online game is a bit annoying, even if its authentic to Elder Scrolls

-Racials appear to be very unbalanced, and sadly they seem meaningful.  Some alliances will have innate advantage over others
    due entirely to their racial abilities. Since you can pay (pre order, or buy imperal pack) for a racial advantage,
    does this not equate to pay to win?
    -Crafting... When everyone can max every craft there is no point to crafting, everyone will max out every craft
    who is motivated to do so, and then crash the economy on everything, able to play every market at their whim.
    FFXIV has this exact problem, while FFXI did it right, if you are forced to pick ONE craft to master
    and have the ability to be adept at others it makes for a better crafting economy and system.
    -IS there an auction house?  I honestly didn't see one.

These are my notes I wrote down after playing the beta weekend.  It's written as stream of thought so forgive any mistakes.

My two cents.

Not a bad game, but it has some things that I wouldn't enjoy in it that's certain.