Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ESO is Awesome!

Eso was the first game i have fired up where i could go into massive pvp on a tri-screen and run high settings with thousands of partical effects, siege weapons etc.. firing and get no lag and a good frame rate. Large battles, huge explosions, heals, bubbles, aoes, hundreds of one of a kind avatars fighting to the death in UHD flawlessly. 

yea, theres a starter island but from Glenumbra on its clear the game is utterly massive. there is no other game that can deliver a real mmo experience with mass pvp that looks and runs this well. When you compare all these games on a super high end machine its clear that eso is superior by far to current mmos and most single player games even in the graphics department.

ESO is one game, not two. All the other mmos have pvp gear and things where its really like theres two games. in ESO you can pve and come up with highly competitive equipment, thus making pve progression and crafting useable in pvp.

The Build diversity we are sure to experience in this game should be epic.  There are no traditional classes and the players role is not determined by that choice alone.  you can theory craft any toon you want.

You cannot fault ESO on its technology nor can you compare it to other mmos we have played in the past. There was an outcry about the starter island but who can say that the areas after that are bad, or that there is not enough content at that scale? I hate to say it but people will be leaving other games to play this. You better join them or find yourself in fairy land all by yourself.

Ohh, and your going to have to pay for it because the best games actually cost money to play.

Comments

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by beefdrippings
    Eso was the first game i have fired up where i could go into massive pvp on a tri-screen and run high settings with thousands of partical effects, siege weapons etc.. firing and get no lag and a good frame rate.

Then you must not try many games...

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• beefdrippingsbeefdrippings Member Posts: 17
    Ive played everything and the other games dont have the same view distance or anything like ESO does.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    NDA lifted?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Bacon is awesome too, but I am not paying $15 a month for it.

No but seriously I would be using a three monitor setup too.  Is there any weird UI issues with this, like chat being way the fuck over to the left and I got strain my neck to look at it?

• CouganCougan Member UncommonPosts: 422
    This is definitely no Hero engine as some would have us believe :P
    Yea the chat is on the left and the windows come up on the sides but the hud works perfectly and the graphics are great on it.
    No one cries about buying fake starships from a fraud or spending tons of cash for vanity pets and armor from the F2P store but people want to bitch about a regular sub fee at 15$. Yall act like EA is running this game or something.
  • Cosmonaut79Cosmonaut79 Member UncommonPosts: 175
    I demand pictures of this without breaking the NDA and I want a pony!!  =)
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by gestalt11

Bacon is awesome too, but I am not paying $15 a month for it.

No but seriously I would be using a three monitor setup too.  Is there any weird UI issues with this, like chat being way the fuck over to the left and I got strain my neck to look at it?

If Bacon isn't worth $15 a month I don't know whats wrong with you.  Well I guess it depends how much bacon?  Than again maybe not because any bacon is better than no bacon.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

bacon is more than 15 dollars a month

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Smells like shilling, but i bite.

"When you compare all these games on a super high end machine its clear that eso is superior by far to current mmos and most single player games even in the graphics department."

I think the graphics are really good for an mmo, but even better than most single player games? Just no...

On a sidenote, i was disappointed by the (lack of) view distance. But i heard that even on Ultra, its not maxed and can get set higher somehow.

"The Build diversity we are sure to experience in this game should be epic.  There are no traditional classes and the players role is not determined by that choice alone.  you can theory craft any toon you want."

I'm VERY curious to see how long that will be the case! People are already crying for dmg-meters, parsing and numbers. If you see the pvp-videos, an addon is already made. There goes build diversity!

The same was said of Rift btw...while then not only elitists, but Trion themself cornered people into cookie cutting.

He would only buy bacon if 3 of his friends also got bacon that day at the store.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Cosmonaut79
    I demand pictures of this without breaking the NDA and I want a pony!!  =)

better yet a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIlTG9bKa3k&hd=1

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Due to NDA restrictions, this thread is now about bacon!

Originally posted by Volgore
    Due to NDA restrictions, this thread is now about bacon!

I think a 50 page thread on bacon would be much more exciting than a new ESO post rehashing stuff no one is going to budge on anyways.

This thread is really about the failure of the mmorpg.com community.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I agree. They should all be force-fed bacon until they explode.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• PyatraPyatra Member Posts: 644

Your name makes us think Bacon... I'm sorry we heard the sirens call, we are sooo very weak.

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115

Mmmm Bacon!

There once was a time (we'll call them the childless + wife in grad school years... Oh, the gaming memories!), when if implantable VR screens were available, I would have had them installed!

Now, beside the fact I can only game 1/10th of the time I used to. I've got better things to do with the moolah.

I none-the-less /Salute you, sir! If for nothing more than Nostalgia's sake!

I agree ESO has taken me by the ballz... but, I'm also a bit wary... Can you say *cough - Warhammer- cough*

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

You either aren't buying bacon are very very cheap bacon then...

Originally posted by Iselin

I agree. They should all be force-fed bacon until they explode.

If you got to go I can think of much worse ways.  Well on 2nd thought it sounds a bit horrific even with bacon involved.

OP, are you one of those people that takes these forums or anything said on them seriously?  Ah, how cute a non jaded one.

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    Originally posted by Nitth

Eso was the first game i have fired up where i could go into massive pvp on a tri-screen and run high settings with thousands of partical effects, siege weapons etc.. firing and get no lag and a good frame rate.

Name one, with PvP on that massive of a scale that looks that good.  GW2 is not massive in comparison, they had to break their realms up into smaller battlegrounds to make it work.

• Pig-EyePig-Eye Member Posts: 115
    Originally posted by goboygo
    Originally posted by Nitth

Name one, with PvP on that massive of a scale that looks that good.  GW2 is not massive in comparison, they had to break their realms up into smaller battlegrounds to make it work.

I can name one... DFO

Not saying I'm a fanboy or anything, but I have been in some HUGE battles in DFO back in the day!

I got your Deliverance!

Where's my banjo?!!

• Originally posted by udon

If Bacon isn't worth $15 a month I don't know whats wrong with you.  Well I guess it depends how much bacon?  Than again maybe not because any bacon is better than no bacon.

Aha!  You see you have done a better job than most reviewers, I did in fact never specify exactly how MUCH bacon I buy per month.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    NDA lifted?

Oh... I love it, I love it, I love it.

Everyone and their brother bashes TESO like there is no problem based on rumors and word of mouth - well, the game must be bad.

Someone wants to for once express how awesome it actually is - they're breaking NDA and they're crazy because F2P is the future.

What a crock of bull$hit, lol.