Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like the is game why are you posting on the ESO forums?

Comments

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Otakun
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

Why do people make threads like this for every new MMO that comes out? Believe it or not, people,there are people who don't like every new game that comes out ... didn't think it was so hard for people to understand something so simple. Every MMO has the same people post. Let me just post one simple quote,

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

So, believing in ESO's success is insane. 

You do know .. that is not actually the definition of insanity right? It's just a stupid saying that is false. I used to think it was true because I was taught it by a teacher. However, when you actually look it up in a dictionary it's not true at all.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

*facepalm* It's not the literal definition. The fact that you believed it was at anytime tells me more about you then anything else you can say. The fact that you feel you have to inform people it's not is even worse cause that makes us believe that you believe that people might be that stupid ... I would go into what the quote is suppose to mean but I feel it will go over your head. 

First of all .. you do realize I was just informing you. No need to take it as an insult and then start insulting me for no reason. Many people actually believe that being the definition because it's said a lot. It's not stupid for someone to believe it because they are told it by many people even teachers. So seriously .. take a chill pill and relax. No need to act like that.

>.> Jeez 

Edit: Also . .there is really no hidden meaning behind the quote. >.> It's simply just wrong, stupid, and over used. But yes please enlighten me, with it's hidden meaning. Because ... it went over my head, oh very wise person.

I really do want to hear it too. i want to hear what the meaning is, since you seem to so incline that there is one.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Why do people make threads like this for every new MMO that comes out? Believe it or not, people,there are people who don't like every new game that comes out ... didn't think it was so hard for people to understand something so simple. Every MMO has the same people post. Let me just post one simple quote,

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

You do know .. that is not actually the definition of insanity right? It's just a stupid saying that is false. I used to think it was true because I was taught it by a teacher. However, when you actually look it up in a dictionary it's not true at all.

*facepalm* It's not the literal definition. The fact that you believed it was at anytime tells me more about you then anything else you can say. The fact that you feel you have to inform people it's not is even worse cause that makes us believe that you believe that people might be that stupid ... I would go into what the quote is suppose to mean but I feel it will go over your head. 

First of all .. you do realize I was just informing you. No need to take it as an insult and then start insulting me for no reason. Many people actually believe that being the definition because it's said a lot. It's not stupid for someone to believe it because they are told it by many people even teachers. So seriously .. take a chill pill and relax. No need to act like that.

>.> Jeez 

Edit: Also . .there is really no hidden meaning behind the quote. >.> It's simply just wrong, stupid, and over used. But yes please enlighten me, with it's hidden meaning. Because ... it went over my head, oh very wise person.

I really do want to hear it too. i want to hear what the meaning is, since you seem to so incline that there is one.

The way I see it I suppose the quote is that Zenimax is crazy to repeat the same mechanics as previous MMOs? Honestly I don't understand how his quote of insanity matches the possibility of success for the game.

Your link from an earlier post is essentially the essence of the quote. You'd be a fool to continuously touch a hot burner repeatedly for example to see if the outcome was different from the last.

Still doesn't make the quote anymore true. Which is why I think it's a stupid quote. Usually when you quote something it's to say something insightful, not stupid. XD

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

For me it's about affecting change and if we've learned anything since the announcement of the ESO MMO the developers are quick to change things deemed unworthy of the I.P. 

All I want is them to ensure there is good endgame PvE, the starting 10 levels get revamped because let's face it this game is being marketed toward the TES franchise base and they are not prone to being held by the and through 4 to 5 hours of boring linear scripted WoW'esque quests.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs

@Notimeforbs

It's kinda funny, I agree with you about how people are very unreasonable and make no sense. I get frustrated with people as well.

That is a pretty accurate answer if you ask me. A person doesn't really need to state a reason to want to discuss a topic even if they hate said topic. The fact they hate the topic could be the reason they want to talk about it. Pretty darn normal if you ask me. A forum is meant for discussing, so I imagine discussions will take place.

The issue is now you realize you said something as unreasonable as the people you claim to hate, and now you are trying to cover yourself with excuses. Frankly .. you should be embarrassed lol.

I'm not embarrassed, I just mistook what the title of the thread said and confused it with what the entire post was actually about, and commented on that.

If I read a sentence that says one thing, and then read 3-4 paragraphs that are actually talking about something different... it would stand to reason that the important issue really had nothing to do with the original sentence.  I just made a simple mistake.  I can admit when I do, and I have nothing to be embarrassed about.  Also, because I made the mistake, I applied the same reason to the objection.

And... frankly... the answer given to the question still doesn't answer the question that was asked.  You would know this had you read the entire post.  Words man... they aren't just there to look at.  They are used to give and imply meaning.  If I ask why the sky is blue, and then offer a novel's worth of clarification as to what that question actually means... you can't just give an obvious answer and then expect that to suffice.

Not answering a question doesn't make the question asked irrelevant.  It means you either don't have an answer, or you didn't listen to the question in the first place.  I'm simply putting money on the obvious: he didn't bother reading.  Anyone who HAD read the post would probably have made the same mistake I made - because the actual post has very little to do with what the title of the thread says it does.

Oh and, lol back to you... because for some reason that implies an insult based on nothing.

You admit you are wrong, but then you make excuses to justify why you where wrong. You don't need to explain yourself, you should simply apologize instead of making lame excuses for why "Anyone who HAD read the post would probably have made the same mistake I made". Funny cause I read the same post and DIDN'T make the same mistake. Lovely excuse though.

All the questions that where asked where leading up to the main question and what the OP was getting at, the topic. He was trying to make a point. I imagine many of the questions where rhetorical to make a point.

"I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game."

The first question leads up to the following statement. You don't answer the first question alone, you read the entire paragraph and you are able to clearly understand he is asking what the topic says.

As for the rest of his post, I can understand how it can be a little confusing, but this a person who is using a ton of run on sentences. It's clear he isn't making his point entirely clear. However, if you apply the topic question to the entire post it then makes sense. He is just reiterating on what he means. In other words, you don't have to answer every single question in his post to answer his main question.

"Words man... they aren't just there to look at." 

In many cases the words don't really mean anything. Not everyone is a pro writer, so you have to take into account what is just filler and what isn't. Sometimes many people have a hard time writing properly, so they drag it out and don't properly get their point across. However, again, the OPs point is in the title, which is the very first thing you read before you read the post.

"Not answering a question doesn't make the question asked irrelevant.  It means you either don't have an answer, or you didn't listen to the question in the first place.  I'm simply putting money on the obvious: he didn't bother reading. "

No, I am betting he was just able to answer the OPs question and filter out the meaningless rambling like I was. We all know what the OP was asking specifically by what the topic title says.

Also, maybe he didn't read the post ... who cares. He answered one of the questions which is still relevant to the discussion. 

"The first question leads up to the following statement. You don't answer the first question alone, you read the entire paragraph and you are able to clearly understand he is asking what the topic says."

"In many cases the words don't really mean anything."

Huh?  If they don't mean anything, then how do you use words in a paragraph to help others understand your point?  Adding words that pertain to the topic doesn't mean they're meaningless.  It means they are being used to clarify the point - not to add filler.

You can't look at the question - then read everything that explains the question - and then answer the question while avoiding everything the clarification implied about the question, and then expect that to suffice - which is exactly what Poyozo did, and exactly what you're defending.  He did that, and apparently you did too, and I called you on it.  And instead of just saying, "sorry" like I did... you want to get into this ridiculous legal argument over grammar?  Get off it, dude.

Also, having thought about this some more, since you seem to want to discuss it - I didn't really even make a mistake to begin with.  He gave an answer that would have answered the question, if you ignore everything the post was actually implying.  But the implication gave meaning to the question, and can potentially change what is literally being asked, regardless of the words used.  It's very clear that what the OP asked in writing, was not what he was wanting to know by evidence of the slarification in the following paragraphs.

You're either going to defend the question by itself, or defend the question with the supportive information.  I don't know which you're doing.  It seems like you're doing both just to annoy me.

All you're doing is trying to change the subject.  He didn't answer the question no matter how you want to justify it.  And you're attempt to confuse someone with superfluous commentary doesn't change this fact.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

>.> Jeez 

The way I see it I suppose the quote is that Zenimax is crazy to repeat the same mechanics as previous MMOs? Honestly I don't understand how his quote of insanity matches the possibility of success for the game.

Your link from an earlier post is essentially the essence of the quote. You'd be a fool to continuously touch a hot burner repeatedly for example to see if the outcome was different from the last.

Still doesn't make the quote anymore true. Which is why I think it's a stupid quote. Usually when you quote something it's to say something insightful, not stupid. XD

The quote is not the definition per se but the Quip of one of the smartest men to ever live.  Albert Einstein.  I'm sure you use many quips and anecdotes in your every day life.  What is someone was to say they were dumb?  I believe the poster you bashed is 100% accurate in his assessment of the scenario being played out.  Woosh over the head!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Originally posted by Notimeforbs

"The first question leads up to the following statement. You don't answer the first question alone, you read the entire paragraph and you are able to clearly understand he is asking what the topic says."

"In many cases the words don't really mean anything."

Huh?  If they don't mean anything, then how do you use words in a paragraph to help others understand your point?  Adding words that pertain to the topic doesn't mean they're meaningless.  It means they are being used to clarify the point - not to add filler.

You can't look at the question - then read everything that explains the question - and then answer the question while avoiding everything the clarification implied about the question, and then expect that to suffice - which is exactly what Poyozo did, and exactly what you're defending.  He did that, and apparently you did too, and I called you on it.  And instead of just saying, "sorry" like I did... you want to get into this ridiculous legal argument over grammar?  Get off it, dude.

Also, having thought about this some more, since you seem to want to discuss it - I didn't really even make a mistake to begin with.  He gave an answer that would have answered the question, if you ignore everything the post was actually implying.  But the implication gave meaning to the question, and can potentially change what is literally being asked, regardless of the words used.  It's very clear that what the OP asked in writing, was not what he was wanting to know by evidence of the slarification in the following paragraphs.

You're either going to defend the question by itself, or defend the question with the supportive information.  I don't know which you're doing.  It seems like you're doing both just to annoy me.

All you're doing is trying to change the subject.  He didn't answer the question no matter how you want to justify it.  And you're attempt to confuse someone with superfluous commentary doesn't change this fact.

lol never mind .. you are right .. it's stupid to argue about this. No point.

Originally posted by azzamasin

>.> Jeez 

The quote is not the definition per se but the Quip of one of the smartest men to ever live.  Albert Einstein.  I'm sure you use many quips and anecdotes in your every day life.  What is someone was to say they were dumb?  I believe the poster you bashed is 100% accurate in his assessment of the scenario being played out.  Woosh over the head!

Actually you are incorrect .. they are actually unsure if Albert Einstein actually even said that. There is no records showing that he did.

The quote is not the definition but it says it's the definition ... YA .. smart. Makes sense >.>

lol NO .. it's stupid. So woosh over YOUR head.

http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

People need to learn to do more research before stating more and more non sense.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by keithian
    This thread wore me out. I'm hoping before they eventually lock it they will post the stats so I know how many kills and assists I had compared to others lol.

Actually and although nothing else of merit was accomplished by this thread it at least managed to disapprove a pet theory of mine. It seems the site mods really do have to sleep sometimes.

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547

And here it comes! the obligatory "if you don't like MY mmorpg why are you even posting on the forum? go away haters!" thread has come.

Time to update the checklist

- Mmorpg xyz will be the next big thing

- Mmorpg xyz won't go F2P! 

- Why are you posting on Mmorpg xyz forums if you hate the game?

[...]

• otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by Warjin

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

Ironically you did what you said don't do in Path of Exile here:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/6088757#6088757

So any opinion but yours is hate.

Well thread over. I lol'ed hard

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

OP, does it occur to you, not all things are black and white? Like love or hate?

Speaking just for myself: I love the basics of ESO, but I hate enough details not to buy for now. So I write my experience as soon as I am allowed to, to get into discussion how other people think about it, and of course in the fleeting hope it does help to remedy the issues.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    SWG pre cu > TESO
  • SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by azzamasin

>.> Jeez 

Actually you are incorrect .. they are actually unsure if Albert Einstein actually even said that. There is no records showing that he did.

The quote is not the definition but it says it's the definition ... YA .. smart. Makes sense >.>

lol NO .. it's stupid. So woosh over YOUR head.

http://www.news.hypercrit.net/2012/11/13/einstein-on-misattribution-i-probably-didnt-say-that/

People need to learn to do more research before stating more and more non sense.

Regardless of who actually said it, the quote seems to fit the definition easily, the way I see it. The official definition states "extreme foolishness or unreasonableness." Is it really such a stretch to assert that doing the same, exact thing over and over again and expecting a different result, would fall into the realm of being... "foolish and unreasonable?" It's implied, therefore the quote works -- despite it not being the literal definition of the word.

Originally posted by Seilan

Regardless of who actually said it, the quote seems to fit the definition easily, the way I see it. The official definition states "extreme foolishness or unreasonableness." Is it really such a stretch to assert that doing the same, exact thing over and over again and expecting a different result, would fall into the realm of being... "foolish and unreasonable?" It's implied, therefore the quote works -- despite it not being the literal definition of the word.

It can certainly fall under the category of being foolish, but it's still a false quote no matter how you try and chalk it up.

That would be like me saying the definition of insanity is breaking the law. Sure you can apply the actual definition of insanity to breaking the law because it's foolish, but the actual definition is not breaking the law. Definitions don't work that way I am afraid.

I find it even more funny how everyone keeps trying to argue with someone who isn't wrong. Excuse after excuse and trying to make it seem like i'm wrong when all the proof is on my side. People are truly stubborn.

• EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

I suffer from, Bipolar I and severe ADD. I like ESO and think very highly of it. Also ordered the Imperial Edition of the game.

Believe it or not? Not everyone with mental illness eats their own shit, has a invisible friend named Bob, trolls countless hours in their mom's basement and hates every game others like. Other than your jab, at people with mental illness being the ones behind the troll masks and the hate directed at ESO.

I agree with you whole heartedly 100%.

EDIT

So that explains why Massively's articles and opinions are shit in general.

Especially the big article where most of the writers got together, explaining why ESO, would fail. Hated the Subscription aspect.

Yet, none of them said Wildstar would fail because of a sub or none even considered it to be a failure in 2014 due to that. No concerns about pvp being delayed, the CC system or anything else.

They also get interviews from the Wildstar devs whenever they want, and kiss their butts.

"What tastes like purple?"

Also, I am thinking if ESO succeeds (It will, the haters tears will make a fine drink), they will quiet way down when they release no free to play for them.

Then they will focus all their attention and hatred towards EQN or Wildstar.

However Wildstar, seems to be the special snowflake for them at the moment. "Eso is bad for (insert reason here), I'm going to be playing Wildstar for (insert GW2 like overhype here)".

Not everyone is a pro writer

I'm a fantasy author. I mentioned that one time on a MMO forum talking about lore.

Anyway, I made a typo, didn't use proper sentence structure, something like that. So of course, a few people commented, "For a author you'd think you'd spell stuff correct. You don't write the best english."

I explained to them, when I write my books. I get my outline done, and just put shit down. Then I send it off to my EDITOR, who makes sense of my bad engrish, they make 3,000-4,000 editing a book.

My job is really to tell the story, focus on the lore and make sure it makes sense. Their job is to pollish it, be the dialog doctor, and making sure it flows for the reader.

My point is, I wish people would start saying, "Not everyone is a professional editor."

I think, with these gaming sites, the smaller ones at least, most of the time, the writer of a article is the editor as well. Editing a book compared to a article is much easier, I get that. Still though.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Epicon

I suffer from, Bipolar I and severe ADD. I like ESO and think very highly of it. Also ordered the Imperial Edition of the game.

Believe it or not? Not everyone with mental illness eats their own shit, has a invisible friend named Bob, trolls countless hours in their mom's basement and hates every game others like. Other than your jab, at people with mental illness being the ones behind the troll masks and the hate directed at ESO.

I agree with you whole heartedly 100%.

EDIT

So that explains why Massively's articles and opinions are shit in general.

Especially the big article where most of the writers got together, explaining why ESO, would fail. Hated the Subscription aspect.

Yet, none of them said Wildstar would fail because of a sub or none even considered it to be a failure in 2014 due to that. No concerns about pvp being delayed, the CC system or anything else.

They also get interviews from the Wildstar devs whenever they want, and kiss their butts.

Your situation is a Catch-22. Nuff said.

As for TESO, the budget by Zenimax is humungous, estimated at $200 mil + advertising / publishing.  The final value approaches SWTOR levels of $300 million after it's all said and done.  Expectations for TESO to deliver are extraordinarily high, whereas Wildstar has no such huge expectations to amaze the masses.

So the term "fail" is relative to the game being discussed.  They are not very interchangeable at all, like you would believe.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• stormpuma21stormpuma21 Member Posts: 131

It amazes me how easily people are provoked into a frenzy on this website. The OP should have either been ignored for making such a fail repeat of all the other "why hate TSO threads, or assumed to be trolling.

Both have the effect of not running 10 pages long... OMG BAIT!!!!!!!!! Munch munch munch......

• BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97

Wouldn't it depend on what the 'exact same thing' is though? If you drop a 6 sided dice (or even a coin) from the same hight, held in the same manner and onto the same surface then you would expect to get a different result the majority of the time. :)

• IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Beta makes the game free, and if a lot of the ppl do not find the game to be good then it more than a coincidence, and since its free at the time, and not as enjoyable as one would hope thats not a good sign. ( a lot of the reviews dont touch on pvp as well it seems)

Sure it killed the hype for the game, but that also means there is something off putting to a majority. The devs should have had this hint from way before during their development with better feedback.

I hope future developers and even future investors try to not learn about good or bad design so late into the game.

Sure with broad strokes eso with pvp focus, and voice over, and large explorable worlds will deliver to the hype... but that is hype... there is so much to a game that happens on a daily basis such as the questing and the combat system, and even non combat systems. The only non combat systems seem to be crafting and lock picking... not something to be hyped over, but again those are part of the daily things which im guessing are getting negative reviews as in not enough, or not something they are used to or fond of with combat. I think personally i could enjoy the combat, so i ignore reviews about the combat being bad becuase its 'different'.

If anything, we should learn and improve. Maybe, in reality, eso had to make comprimises to deliver certain aspects in their game large world with pvp, resulted in not developing the questing to be more diverse and capturing ones imagination (i did not see any mention on how the beginning of eso had similar feel to other themepark mmos trying to make it interesting in the first few hours). Those could actually be a reason, which is unfortunate since that also means mmo devs have not reached the ability to deliver tripple a mmos in all regards. It seems as with all new mmos there is too much internal testing for existing systems rather than continously developing new ones. Sure it might be more bug free, but it also means ppl wont have a positive review during beta when certain huge aspects are mediocre or worse than previous examples. For example elder series as a single player vs eso the mmo... why does the single part of eso feel worse for the beta tester used to the elder series?

Personally, the game looks alright just on what the bad reviewers are saying bad... and if pvp is as amazing as they make it out to be... then alright + amazing = pretty good.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• BoraellBoraell Member UncommonPosts: 97

As for TESO, the budget by Zenimax is humungous, estimated at $200 mil + advertising / publishing.  The final value approaches SWTOR levels of $300 million after it's all said and done.  Expectations for TESO to deliver are extraordinarily high, whereas Wildstar has no such huge expectations to amaze the masses.

So the term "fail" is relative to the game being discussed.  They are not very interchangeable at all, like you would believe.

Estimated by who? Some random guy on twitter that has no connection in any way to Zenimax or ESO. Matt Firor has categorically stated that it did not cost $200 mil, or anywhere near that. Sure they could be lying, but who's more likely to know, the people making the game or someone who relies on headlines and controversy to pay their bills.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/zenimax-debunks-elder-scrolls-online-200m-budget-rumor-we-couldnt-have-wasted-that-much-money/

Originally posted by Epicon
    Not everyone is a pro writer

I'm a fantasy author. I mentioned that one time on a MMO forum talking about lore.

Anyway, I made a typo, didn't use proper sentence structure, something like that. So of course, a few people commented, "For a author you'd think you'd spell stuff correct. You don't write the best english."

I explained to them, when I write my books. I get my outline done, and just put shit down. Then I send it off to my EDITOR, who makes sense of my bad engrish, they make 3,000-4,000 editing a book.

My job is really to tell the story, focus on the lore and make sure it makes sense. Their job is to pollish it, be the dialog doctor, and making sure it flows for the reader.

My point is, I wish people would start saying, "Not everyone is a professional editor."

I think, with these gaming sites, the smaller ones at least, most of the time, the writer of a article is the editor as well. Editing a book compared to a article is much easier, I get that. Still though.

Good point, and you are right. I will take that into account next time.

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Whats up, is that you are whining about players hating on a game you like. And for some reason you.seem to take it very personally. Maybe you need to talk to someone proffessional. I mean its an unfinished game still in beta, and your acting like its the last unicorn. If you just ask Im sure theres alot of people here that can help you. Dont go through everyday carrying this burden yourself. There is helpro be had if you just ask for it'!!

This discussion has been closed.