Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you don't like the is game why are you posting on the ESO forums?

Comments

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Warjin
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    OP, if you like the game so much then why the F are you bothering to post here? O.o

Ahhh because this is The Elders Scroll forum?

And I dont deal with any other mmo websites because most other websites are paid whores that are bias feedback to the highest bidder?

The question is if you dislike the game why the F are you posting here, I mean if you don't like something but still feel the need to be around it them, you are

A. a stalker/creep

B. a trouble making troll

C. A Keyboard Warrior that likes fights but hides behind the safty of his computer.

D. All of the above.

If you want to leave feed back to tell us why you dislike a game that is fine but tell us why, not "This game will fail" and stick around to debate others that do like the game, you want to debate, check out Createdebate.com I debate there all the time under the name Warjin, oh and it gets bloody over there everything from politics to religion, this site is for MMO games not debates.

What a load of crap. Every ugly little point you threw out in an angry fit against posters you don't like applies to you as well OP. You a trouble making troll? Obsessed with a cool little fantasy of what TESO is to you and ready to make your own "leave Brittany Alone" kind of video? If you don't like or understand your fellow posters then go find some where else where you can tolerate them. People express themselves here because they can and no one needs to explain themselves to you or justify taking a crap. You aren't the forum guard, a mod, nor worthy of telling anyone they can or can't post. Even you should be able to figure out this site attracts fans and haters of a million play styles with a need to express it and TESO is the hot topic of the moment love it or just hate it. If  you don't like them then use the "block" button. As to where ever else you want to advertise posting on out on the interwebz no one cares. Now stop trolling bro and hit the road or learn to tolerate even the folks you don't get.

• WarjinWarjin Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    OP, if you like the game so much then why the F are you bothering to post here? O.o

Ahhh because this is The Elders Scroll forum?

And I dont deal with any other mmo websites because most other websites are paid whores that are bias feedback to the highest bidder?

The question is if you dislike the game why the F are you posting here, I mean if you don't like something but still feel the need to be around it them, you are

A. a stalker/creep

B. a trouble making troll

C. A Keyboard Warrior that likes fights but hides behind the safty of his computer.

D. All of the above.

If you want to leave feed back to tell us why you dislike a game that is fine but tell us why, not "This game will fail" and stick around to debate others that do like the game, you want to debate, check out Createdebate.com I debate there all the time under the name Warjin, oh and it gets bloody over there everything from politics to religion, this site is for MMO games not debates.

What a load of crap. Every ugly little point you threw out in an angry fit against posters you don't like applies to you as well OP. You a trouble making troll? Obsessed with a cool little fantasy of what TESO is to you and ready to make your own "leave Brittany Alone" kind of video? If you don't like or understand your fellow posters then go find some where else where you can tolerate them. People express themselves here because they can and no one needs to explain themselves to you or justify taking a crap. You aren't the forum guard, a mod, nor worthy of telling anyone they can or can't post. Even you should be able to figure out this site attracts fans and haters of a million play styles with a need to express it and TESO is the hot topic of the moment love it or just hate it. If  you don't like them then use the "block" button. As to where ever else you want to advertise posting on out on the interwebz no one cares. Now stop trolling bro and hit the road or learn to tolerate even the folks you don't get.

I rest my case.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by Brabbit1987

@Notimeforbs

It's kinda funny, I agree with you about how people are very unreasonable and make no sense. I get frustrated with people as well.

That is a pretty accurate answer if you ask me. A person doesn't really need to state a reason to want to discuss a topic even if they hate said topic. The fact they hate the topic could be the reason they want to talk about it. Pretty darn normal if you ask me. A forum is meant for discussing, so I imagine discussions will take place.

The issue is now you realize you said something as unreasonable as the people you claim to hate, and now you are trying to cover yourself with excuses. Frankly .. you should be embarrassed lol.

I'm not embarrassed, I just mistook what the title of the thread said and confused it with what the entire post was actually about, and commented on that.

If I read a sentence that says one thing, and then read 3-4 paragraphs that are actually talking about something different... it would stand to reason that the important issue really had nothing to do with the original sentence.  I just made a simple mistake.  I can admit when I do, and I have nothing to be embarrassed about.  Also, because I made the mistake, I applied the same reason to the objection.

And... frankly... the answer given to the question still doesn't answer the question that was asked.  You would know this had you read the entire post.  Words man... they aren't just there to look at.  They are used to give and imply meaning.  If I ask why the sky is blue, and then offer a novel's worth of clarification as to what that question actually means... you can't just give an obvious answer and then expect that to suffice.

Not answering a question doesn't make the question asked irrelevant.  It means you either don't have an answer, or you didn't listen to the question in the first place.  I'm simply putting money on the obvious: he didn't bother reading.  Anyone who HAD read the post would probably have made the same mistake I made - because the actual post has very little to do with what the title of the thread says it does.

Oh and, lol back to you... because for some reason that implies an insult based on nothing.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Moridin82Moridin82 Member UncommonPosts: 103

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

Agree with you!! dont understand that people need bash a game i the dont like it. so useless. or atleast then tell about the good and bad not just bad. any from ppl playing like just for some hours. the games opens so much more after lvl 10.

Peace

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by Notimeforbs
    Originally posted by poyozo

@Notimeforbs

Except he didn't ask: "Why do people hate TESO so much?"

He asked: If you don't like the game, why are you posting on the forums?

The only answer to a stupid question like that is because this is a forum and that's what they are for.

Also you just put words in my mouth by saying: "He's just justifying his hate with non-sense." When my post says NOTHING about my opinion for the game.

You people with your 1st grade reading comprehension skills.

So to take a page from your book: This is what drives me up a wall.  It happens - All.  The.  Time.

He asked both, actually.  And since I read his entire post, I also understood that he devoted almost 3 paragraphs to the question: "Why do you hate TESO so much?" as opposed to a few sentences in the first paragraph that asked: "Why are you posting if you hate it?"

I suppose in some respect you are correct.  But... you are also incorrect.  Since Poyozo neglected to answer the question that more than half of the original post was concerned with, I think what happened is he read the first sentence, and then responded.  Which is often the case.

This is simply more evidence of one's inability to have a functional discussion.  You can't have a discussion unless you listen to the other person.  Poyozo failed to listen, and apparently, since you are defending him... so did you.

But since you want to play this game... let's do this:

OP:  "Why are you posting in this forum if you hate it so much?"

Poyozo: "Because forums are used for discussing opinions."

This still doesn't answer the question.  If the question was, "Why are you posting in this forum?" then I could see how Poyozo would have been accurate.  But... that wasn't the question asked.  Let me illustrate:

"Why do you work here if you hate it so much?"

"Because this job gives me money."

You can get a job anywhere.  They all pay money.  Why are you working HERE, if you hate it?  It's the same thing - you can post your hate anywhere.  Why do you do it here?

It's not a horrible game.  But it's not a great game either.  Beta speaks!  Everyone values your opinions I'm sure, but let it go.

PVE'ers are bored with the format they knew for the past 10 years.  PVP'ers are pissy that it's just another clone for a popular game already known with 3 factions.

Listen to the people around you.

I think I'm going to ignore your criticism. Why? After 1000 negative SWTOR posts the game continues to do just fine, is quite profitable, and continues to have a healthy player base. Now you come to these forums with the same type of posts spouting lack of originality and be there done that basically ignoring the things the game is doing that is heads and shoulders above most competing theme parks which is quest hub less areas including quests and exploration tied to NPCs that unlike most games has some quest indicators not hovering over their heads. Now if you are not the explorer, rpg type or PVP type, I'd get it. It's not your type of game.

.What's so hypocritical about your stance is that your a lover of Aion whose first 10' levels were so bland and below par for just about every other PVE game that I thought I would stab myself. At level 10, it got a little better, but there was zero originality in that game. PVP was a been there done that . That game failed big time and anyone who stance is about originality and thinks Aion was original doesn't really excite me with their opinion. 

There Is Always Hope!

• AratakiArataki Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by Robokapp

I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

the forums are more entertaining than the game - which says a lot about the game.

That's what's up.

It says a lot about how you feel about the game, certainly. Asserting facts based on subjective opinion always seem to work out for some people I suppose.

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I agree that you should not post hate towards a game,just don't buy the game.

I posted a lot of hate towards FFXIV not just to rage but if I did not criticize the game developers will not know that that kind of game is not what I want to see in future.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

So.. you're saying.. you can only post a review or have an opinion if it's a positive one?

Maybe you'd like to re-think that for a moment...

Originally posted by DAS1337

So.. you're saying.. you can only post a review or have an opinion if it's a positive one?

No but after one hundred of the same opinions from the same person in a forum of fans who come here interested to discuss the game those same zzzzzzzzz cut and paste comments start to get a little like trolling instead of constructive criticism.

There Is Always Hope!

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

Because I load the site by latest posts and then just discuss the things that interest me. Since this games beta is fresh in my mind it interests me. The actual game is just awful though so I guess that doesn't interest me much.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by DAS1337

No but after one hundred of the same opinions from the same person in a forum of fans who come here interested to discuss the game those same zzzzzzzzz cut and paste comments start to get a little like trolling instead of constructive criticism.

100/1000/10000 etc of the same opinions might be a hint/suggestion/idea.

Also this thread isn't about discussing the game, this thread is a rant about opinions different than the OP's, which ironically I posted he himself does what this post is ranting about.

See post #22 in this thread.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game.

As of late all I been seeing coming out the wookwork are new accounts troll posting this game and angry people mad at who knows what, but I can tell you this and I am no doctor, you haters need to get your heads checked, what is wrong with you people, what mental illness do you suffer from that makes you want to just hate for the sake of hating?

Haters are you mad that this game isn't free to play, is it the Imp edtion, the attention it's getting over Wildstar, or that this game may takemore players WoW? I mean something is driving your anger what is it, maybe I can help, if not i'm sure someone here can recommend help of some sort.

As for site review haters like Massively's hate on this game has been uncovered, sometime during 2012 ESO gave an exclusive interview to another gaming site over them and this chic over at massiely got all butt hurt taking about how ESO is taking them for granted and from there this deep root hate for the game started, I can understand why they are bashing the game because they are butt hurt haters, but the rest of you, whats up?

Because people like myself who live in America have the freedom of speech and we want to freely talk about ESO and how bad/good it is. Currently it seems a good portion of people think poorly of it. The question is, why be mad over someone's opinion of a game? Respect it and state your own.

So what game are you currently playing that we should look toward for inspiration?

There Is Always Hope!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] UncommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • laokokolaokoko Member UncommonPosts: 2,004

I'm still interested in the game.  That's why I'm here.  I "might" play the game in the future.

But that don't stop me from criticizing what I seen so far.  (Not that I criticized the game, I'm just pointing out most people barely played enough to know).

That is why most mmorpg have massive amount of people quit after 2 month.

• NotimeforbsNotimeforbs Member CommonPosts: 346
    Originally posted by poyozo

@Notimeforbs

Except he didn't ask: "Why do people hate TESO so much?"

He asked: If you don't like the game, why are you posting on the forums?

The only answer to a stupid question like that is because this is a forum and that's what they are for.

Also you just put words in my mouth by saying: "He's just justifying his hate with non-sense." When my post says NOTHING about my opinion for the game.

You people with your 1st grade reading comprehension skills.

So to take a page from your book: This is what drives me up a wall.  It happens - All.  The.  Time.

He asked both, actually.  And since I read his entire post, I also understood that he devoted almost 3 paragraphs to the question: "Why do you hate TESO so much?" as opposed to a few sentences in the first paragraph that asked: "Why are you posting if you hate it?"

I suppose in some respect you are correct.  But... you are also incorrect.  Since Poyozo neglected to answer the question that more than half of the original post was concerned with, I think what happened is he read the first sentence, and then responded.  Which is often the case.

This is simply more evidence of one's inability to have a functional discussion.  You can't have a discussion unless you listen to the other person.  Poyozo failed to listen, and apparently, since you are defending him... so did you.

But since you want to play this game... let's do this:

OP:  "Why are you posting in this forum if you hate it so much?"

Poyozo: "Because forums are used for discussing opinions."

This still doesn't answer the question.  If the question was, "Why are you posting in this forum?" then I could see how Poyozo would have been accurate.  But... that wasn't the question asked.  Let me illustrate:

"Why do you work here if you hate it so much?"

"Because this job gives me money."

You can get a job anywhere.  They all pay money.  Why are you working HERE, if you hate it?  It's the same thing - you can post your hate anywhere.  Why do you do it here?

It's not a horrible game.  But it's not a great game either.  Beta speaks!  Everyone values your opinions I'm sure, but let it go.

PVE'ers are bored with the format they knew for the past 10 years.  PVP'ers are pissy that it's just another clone for a popular game already known with 3 factions.

Listen to the people around you.

So.. okay... let me get this straight:

PvEer's are bored because they've done this before for the past 10 years.  Okay... they've done what, exactly?  Quest?  They've been questing since Donkey Kong.  Craft?  They've been crafting since X-Com.  Level up?  They've been doing that since Zelda.

PvPer's are pissy because it's a clone of DAoC faction PvP?  Haven't they been screaming for the past 10 years about how DAoC had the best PvP ever and all any dev needs to do is just recreate that?  And so when someone finally does... they're pissy about it?

This doesn't make any sense, man.  Maybe that's how they feel... and if so... man... there's no hope.

GW2 all over again?  Finally does 3 factions?  Pointless PVP?  What?

Comparing this to DAoC / CU is wrong.  Very wrong.

I don't understand what you're asking.  Please use complete sentences so that I may better retort to your queries.

This thread wore me out. I'm hoping before they eventually lock it they will post the stats so I know how many kills and assists I had compared to others lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Pretty much the same reason fan boys of this game bash on other games. They don't want to achknowledge it ignoring details.

For me, all I wish is to emphasize caution. It really sucks to have people blindly buying into something from hype only to find out its not very good and having wasted their money on it. Not saying people can't like it (hell I think GW2 is quite weak of a AAA title but I never said there can't be people who like it).

I just feel like spreading caution about their practices (which btw, ARE bad, you can admit that and still like the game). It has warning signs that for me make it an idea target to 'wait before you buy it' rather then blindly throwing your money into disappointment. 

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782

@Notimeforbs

It's kinda funny, I agree with you about how people are very unreasonable and make no sense. I get frustrated with people as well.

That is a pretty accurate answer if you ask me. A person doesn't really need to state a reason to want to discuss a topic even if they hate said topic. The fact they hate the topic could be the reason they want to talk about it. Pretty darn normal if you ask me. A forum is meant for discussing, so I imagine discussions will take place.

The issue is now you realize you said something as unreasonable as the people you claim to hate, and now you are trying to cover yourself with excuses. Frankly .. you should be embarrassed lol.

I'm not embarrassed, I just mistook what the title of the thread said and confused it with what the entire post was actually about, and commented on that.

If I read a sentence that says one thing, and then read 3-4 paragraphs that are actually talking about something different... it would stand to reason that the important issue really had nothing to do with the original sentence.  I just made a simple mistake.  I can admit when I do, and I have nothing to be embarrassed about.  Also, because I made the mistake, I applied the same reason to the objection.

And... frankly... the answer given to the question still doesn't answer the question that was asked.  You would know this had you read the entire post.  Words man... they aren't just there to look at.  They are used to give and imply meaning.  If I ask why the sky is blue, and then offer a novel's worth of clarification as to what that question actually means... you can't just give an obvious answer and then expect that to suffice.

Not answering a question doesn't make the question asked irrelevant.  It means you either don't have an answer, or you didn't listen to the question in the first place.  I'm simply putting money on the obvious: he didn't bother reading.  Anyone who HAD read the post would probably have made the same mistake I made - because the actual post has very little to do with what the title of the thread says it does.

Oh and, lol back to you... because for some reason that implies an insult based on nothing.

You admit you are wrong, but then you make excuses to justify why you where wrong. You don't need to explain yourself, you should simply apologize instead of making lame excuses for why "Anyone who HAD read the post would probably have made the same mistake I made". Funny cause I read the same post and DIDN'T make the same mistake. Lovely excuse though.

All the questions that where asked where leading up to the main question and what the OP was getting at, the topic. He was trying to make a point. I imagine many of the questions where rhetorical to make a point.

"I don't get it, what's up with all the hate post and neg reviewers? I mean if you don't like the game then move on, don't post or follow the game, You don't see me over at the Wildstar forums posting crap why because I could care less about that game, I think it's nothing more then WoW clone with lazers, I will never go over and troll that forum just because i don't think the game is for me, I respect another persons willingness to play that game."

The first question leads up to the following statement. You don't answer the first question alone, you read the entire paragraph and you are able to clearly understand he is asking what the topic says.

As for the rest of his post, I can understand how it can be a little confusing, but this a person who is using a ton of run on sentences. It's clear he isn't making his point entirely clear. However, if you apply the topic question to the entire post it then makes sense. He is just reiterating on what he means. In other words, you don't have to answer every single question in his post to answer his main question.

"Words man... they aren't just there to look at." 

In many cases the words don't really mean anything. Not everyone is a pro writer, so you have to take into account what is just filler and what isn't. Sometimes many people have a hard time writing properly, so they drag it out and don't properly get their point across. However, again, the OPs point is in the title, which is the very first thing you read before you read the post.

"Not answering a question doesn't make the question asked irrelevant.  It means you either don't have an answer, or you didn't listen to the question in the first place.  I'm simply putting money on the obvious: he didn't bother reading. "

No, I am betting he was just able to answer the OPs question and filter out the meaningless rambling like I was. We all know what the OP was asking specifically by what the topic title says.

Also, maybe he didn't read the post ... who cares. He answered one of the questions which is still relevant to the discussion. 

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874

Why do people make threads like this for every new MMO that comes out? Believe it or not, people,there are people who don't like every new game that comes out ... didn't think it was so hard for people to understand something so simple. Every MMO has the same people post. Let me just post one simple quote,

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

So, believing in ESO's success is insane. 

• Brabbit1987Brabbit1987 Member UncommonPosts: 782
    Originally posted by Otakun

Why do people make threads like this for every new MMO that comes out? Believe it or not, people,there are people who don't like every new game that comes out ... didn't think it was so hard for people to understand something so simple. Every MMO has the same people post. Let me just post one simple quote,

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

You do know .. that is not actually the definition of insanity right? It's just a stupid saying that is false. I used to think it was true because I was taught it by a teacher. However, when you actually look it up in a dictionary it's not true at all.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by Otakun

You do know .. that is not actually the definition of insanity right? It's just a stupid saying that is false. I used to think it was true because I was taught it by a teacher. However, when you actually look it up in a dictionary it's not true at all.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/insanity

*facepalm* It's not the literal definition. The fact that you believed it was at anytime tells me more about you then anything else you can say. The fact that you feel you have to inform people it's not is even worse cause that makes us believe that you believe that people might be that stupid ... I would go into what the quote is suppose to mean but I feel it will go over your head. 

This discussion has been closed.