So, the latest earning reports came out from NCSoft, and as the naysayers said would definitely happen, once more GW2 profits has slipped, showing the inevitable decline of GW2 as everybody stops playing it. (This link and the highlights lifted from Reddit, thanks Livespartan235, whoever you are. :P )
Today the NCsoft released their Q4 report here are some points http://global.ncsoft.com/global/ir/earnings.aspx
- Lineage grew significantly in Korea while GW2 remained solid in US/EU.
- Royalty revenues surged with Blade and Soul China kicking in.
- GW2 was strong on the back of end of year sales promotions.
- Contribution from Korea increased with Lineage reaching a new all time high
- Guild Wars 2 became the 2nd biggest revenue sources along with well settled in-game item sales model
- Guild Wars 2 earned 33.6 Billion Won = 31.58 Million USD up from Q3s 22.94 Million USD and exceeding sales expectations for Q4
- Next step for GW2 China will be announced in the near future
- Wildstar is expected to launch some time in Mid 2014
- No decision has been made for GW2 expansion for now the focus is provide the LW updates and bring GW2 to China they will update when they have more visibility on the issue of an expansion
- For 2013 GW2 Made 123.3 Billion Won = 115.9 Million USD also exceeding sales expectations
.... 31.58 is smaller than 22.94 right? Math was always my worst class in school.