Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Treasure maps video - they are like in Red Dead Redemption

13»

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by spizz
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

I just saw this video, the treasure map thing looks pretty cool actually.  Figured it would be more lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQMINsV170&feature=youtu.be&t=21m22s

This is a cool feature, I have not seen such a treasure map in beta. Its really clever.

And it is also true that game is really not something for "POWER PLAYERS".

There are probably some power players in this forum here, they thought that questing sucks. They want to hunt rather mobs for rewards and big xp amounts instead of questing and following a story.

I have the feeling such people did not play the TES series before since story questing is a strenght of it and in ESO.

Overall this guy hits the nail for a lot of points, good review.

I found one in the beta, It's a small tool too make people EXPLORE the huge world a bit more, but since you get experience points and mostly on special areas you can find special crafting materials. I really enjoyed how they tried to make you focus in the exploring without just putting a "X" on the map like in gw2 which tells you. GOO THERE you can do a screenshot!.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by Vapors
    Originally posted by spizz
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

I just saw this video, the treasure map thing looks pretty cool actually.  Figured it would be more lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTQMINsV170&feature=youtu.be&t=21m22s

This is a cool feature, I have not seen such a treasure map in beta. Its really clever.

And it is also true that game is really not something for "POWER PLAYERS".

There are probably some power players in this forum here, they thought that questing sucks. They want to hunt rather mobs for rewards and big xp amounts instead of questing and following a story.

I have the feeling such people did not play the TES series before since story questing is a strenght of it and in ESO.

Overall this guy hits the nail for a lot of points, good review.

I found one in the beta, It's a small tool too make people EXPLORE the huge world a bit more, but since you get experience points and mostly on special areas you can find special crafting materials. I really enjoyed how they tried to make you focus in the exploring without just putting a "X" on the map like in gw2 which tells you. GOO THERE you can do a screenshot!.

Great stuff for sure...

same as people complaining about running out of content to much when they only followed the main quest line...  If you dont explore, or PvP, you will eventually find yourself with only orange quests, and almost unkillable bosses...  But then there is also challenge in this,,heared about a developer trying to find a way to defeat a very strong boss, and after many many hours he succeeded  in it.....  Most people would however leave that part and return to other parts of the country to find lower challenges to improve their skills and ultimately return to that undefeatable boss when they finally found the ubersword of doom...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• mersant12mersant12 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    i think its tied to the map,but yeh i only noticed the weather when started raining,the aldmeri area pretty bright...Some map have good vibe,like morrowind:dusty,darker smoky ..And hey,i found malukah singing,as a bard ,i wont tell where ;)
    Originally posted by Ryoshi1
    I don't think you really powerlevel in a game like ESO, zerg quests maybe. A debuff indicator would be nice, damage meters and Numbars.. not so much :D

Or visuall effects on the ennemy clearly showing what debuffs are active...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Ryoshi1
    I don't think you really powerlevel in a game like ESO, zerg quests maybe. A debuff indicator would be nice, damage meters and Numbars.. not so much :D

Or visuall effects on the ennemy clearly showing what debuffs are active...

From some of the videos I seen, there are visual indicators on you and the other players (or mobs) when there is an effect active (mostly debuff, like DoT, poison,fire etc).

You don't seem to need name tags either to be able to tell foe for friend, but can't say more without referring to personal experience in beta

Originally posted by MMOGamer71
    Originally posted by NeokiNaomi

I rarely applaud "Media" or YouTube personalities, but this dude hit the nail on the head with pretty much everything. I Watched the whole video through, perfect review and great use of intellect and common sense.

^

This.

Seems we are alike....  Basically the reviewer sees 2 major problems...

- the first on is that playing with your friends forces you to choose one of the three races of your chosen faction.... Noe what if you dont like those three races?      I dont see a long term solution, because they will never change the 3 factons core of the game, its way to late to do so....But if you are going to play anyhow, pre ordering gives you and your friends free access to all races..

- the seccond one is more worrying, it is how the instances and grouping work... First of its a bummer when you play solo and open the long lost tomb of Duh for the first time in centuries, just to find dozens of other players roaming inside... Totally kills the immersion...  

And related to this one, is if you are in a group, you dont share questgoals... So if you need to kill 3 bees,... Everyone in your group needs to kill those 3 bees....

Personally i can see a solution forthis by offering people entering in such an instance a few options...and the content dynamically addapting to that choice...

1) solo.. Meaning you anter alone.. And noboddy else gets to enter...

2) grouped ... You enter with your current group.... And noboddy else gets to enter...

3) random grouped... You enter solo and the people that enter before or after you are automatically added to your group untill you have a full group, sharing questgoals, and raising the number of mobs and the difficulty inside...and noboddy else gets to enter

4) open world ... As it is now... Everyone gets to enter in a kind of coop mode..

choices could be asked everytime you enter an instance, or based on a general user setting... Or both depending on your setting..    it surely would give people more reasons to group, and with the current mega server technollogy it should be possible withouth to much coding...

i really hope the developers see this video, because it adresses the real issues ...  And act based on them... They still have. 2 months..

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    You know I originally posted this just for the treasure map thing but yeah it's a good overview.  The only thing I'll comment on is about his points with grouping.  Sounds like he only experienced a public dungeon.  At launch there are 16 public and 16 instanced dungeons (this is confirmed by devs already not an NDA breach)