Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's buying after trying out the beta?

Comments

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    I am on the fence... dunno. I will probably wait  6 months or so until they iron all bugs etc... it really bores me real fast though. Definitely not pre-ordering.

After playing a bit more beta I decided that I will pre-order. It's true that it grows on you the more you play.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

I bought the imp

edition blind and his weekend was y first ESO hands on. I assumed

it would be a

one and done game but now think I can

play

it for up to 3 months now

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

After playing about 5-6 hours and seeing the massive PvP carnage, i will definitely pre-order. 

This game is far better than his reputation. Great questing. I really love the setting and the possibility to explore the huge zones.

Crafting is also a point which I find very interesting. Looks very deep and meaningful.

And the last point, which clearly sealed the deal, was a massive 100v100 battle over a keep this afternoon. And all of this without any mayor lag. Just incredible what this engine does at large scale pvp.

Hodor!

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Palladin
    After this broken Beta Event I am sitting on the fence. There are aspects of the game I like but this beta event has been really bad. I've not been in it more than 20 min total so far.

How so?

• Brisky29Brisky29 Member Posts: 65
    Yes, I will pre-order. Color me impressed, I wasn't expecting much...but it took me by surprise and actually hooked me.
  • CandyCaneNJCandyCaneNJ Member UncommonPosts: 187

After playing about 2 days and still in the beginner part being under level 7, I've decided to pre-order soon. The crafting looks super cool and I can't wait to reach the other areas of the game. 

I'm impressed

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by onlinenow25
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    If you are a PvP player or an Old school DAOC and Warhammer online veteran, you just gonna love this game. 

Totally agree. The action gamer fans from Tera and such probably won't get into this as much as those you mentioned. I hope this game has a larger adult fanbase once it releases and the kids are gone. No offense meant to anyone who isn't mature, just I would rather you play something else! :) Perhaps something with voxels and spinning cows. /double shrug

Um can't help but point this fact out. 

You do know the average age of a video game player is somewhere in their 30s?

Here I'll drop a bunch of links to articles reporting on research findings.  To show that those 'Kids' are actually not 'kids' they are adults.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10159917/Average-video-game-fan-is-35-years-old.html

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/01/esa-average-gamer-age-is-30-adult-women-more-lucrative-than-teenage-boys/

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2013.pdf

I could link more, but those 3 seemed the most credible.

I wasn't by any means saying all gamers are kids. And yes I know those facts and have quoted them myself. My point was I would rather not have immature "30 year olds" playing the game. What you highlited is what I mean, I would rather have a more adult fanbase rather than a bunch of kids.

Believe it or not that $15 dollar pay gate creates a group.  The dynamics of that group can be partially seen through people such as your self and others that are strongly P2P pro, and think F2P is trash and brings in trash.

Fact is this isn't even slightly true.  What brings in the so called 'trash' is the game its self, the market in which the game appeals to.

Go check out Marvel Heroes forums, you will see a F2P game where the community is actually one of the most involved and dedicated fans of a game and IP I have ever seen.  Also not to mention discussions are actually discussions and not people trying to prove each other wrong.

I would love to go into how just the having that idea of different groups causes you and others to hate others outside your group.  But I have to go to work.  But for a little research on groups, look up the study involving two summer camp groups and how just the knowledge of there being another group caused dismay between the groups, as well as superordinate tasks which is what brought the groups together.

First, I'm not P2P pro, I am happy with anything that has good gaming and content. Every game is a mix of people, I was only suggesting that due to the nature of this game in particular, there is less of a Tera action based combat system that seemed to gather less mature players. I'm not against Tera, but I was very turned off by the chat in the game and I'm hoping that a more mature crowd is involved in this one. Sometimes people try and pick something as simple as my first comments to pieces with psychological terms, links, graphs, etc.  I just meant I want a more mature crowd!

Orange: Tera its self brought those customers not the combat.  The game makes anyone that is even slightly homophobic pick a human, and 3 other races.

Yet out of those 4 classes you get some of the worst animations/hit boxes in the game.  The other males are so feminine its really hard not to play a female.  Not to mention the best race in the game for just about every class is the Eli.

Blue: To find a more 'mature' crowd in anything you have to look for it your self and find people that are similar to your idea of what a 'mature' crowd is otherwise you won't find them.  To gather any sort of community that you enjoy being around it takes work and willingness to take effort into finding these people.  

Green: If that is what you meant then you should have just said that as bluntly as you did.  In the original post I quoted you used a sweeping generalization with no actual facts behind it to express what you really wanted.

• starstar1starstar1 Member UncommonPosts: 62
    Pre-ordered  IMP edition, before playing the beta and no regrets at all. :)
  • Knup42Knup42 Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by imagina

if there was an office of regulation allowing mmorpgs to have a subscription based on the content and quality of assets it provides, ESO wouldn't even qualify to pass the test, that's how i see it from more than 20 hours into the beta,  and knowing exactly what a "sub" game should be offering, because ESO does not offer the slightest quality a sub game offers to say the least, by FAR.

I completely agree with you

• hayes303hayes303 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    I played the last 2 betas and its just not for me. I'll give it 6 months after launch and check in with it.
  • Charlie12202Charlie12202 Member UncommonPosts: 32
    I pre ordered but I now regret it.  
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Originally posted by kotz
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Ender4

Originally posted by Kuinn

Originally posted by Ender4  

Originally posted by alexhpy98721 I will not be buying it... its not that bad but its... average. I hoped it can be better than SWTOR but its not, maybe in 1-2 years i will try it after they add upgrades and such.
      Being better than SWTOR is a completely sad low bar to expect since SWTOR was one of the worst MMORPG to ever be released.
     I recall seeing some TOR financial report a week or two ago which said the game made a ton of money with the cash shop, it's probably one of the more profitable western mmorpg's currently. Also I saw some news about the game pushing it's pace with content updates this year, seems like it's been doing so good they are putting more back into it :)

Miley Cyrus is one of the most popular musicians in the world right now, it doesn't make her music good. SWTOR was a really sad MMORPG and still is though I might log on just to try the new space combat.

Doesnt' make it bad. It depends on what criteria you use.

pop music has a specific purpose. It's "fun" for those who find it "fun".

You can say all you want "the Bach 2nd partita is leages above anything she will ever produce and still it won't matter when cruising down the highway on a hot summer day with the top down ...

I would say that if a lot of people like something then it's good. At least to them.

I personally loved SWToR. Just not enough reason to stick around after hitting cap. Themeparks are like that for me unless there is a pvp option that makes sense for me.

Yes, themepark mmos will get boring after a while.. Swtor is the only themapark mmo i caped.. everything else getts repetetive and linear. Then quiting the game.. rinse repeat since there is nothing else in the game besides story to fall back on... ESO will get that aswell since there is nothing to fall back on.... Yea right deep crafting, action based combat... Like ive never heard of that b4....    To bad ESO didnt have the time to go into sandbox....  The sandbox games coming out this year will show themepark fanatic developers where the table is supposed to be =)  

GL with ESO =) I had my hopings for it!  It looked good but is the same story the same ending zzzzzz

Well, I don't know what the adventure zones are going to be so those might be of interest.

It's the pvp that is the deciding factor. Which I have tried have decided that I need to get into a good guild in order to really enjoy it. But that's me.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UsualSuspectUsualSuspect Member UncommonPosts: 1,243

You can cast a spell and turn almost 60 degrees where you would be looking at the person next to you and still fire off your spell and hit what ever you casted on.

Actually, 180 degrees. Many times I started powering up an attack only for the mob to leap behind me, and my attack bent around (you can see it happen with attacks like the restoration staff) completely to knock him down.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by UsualSuspect

You can cast a spell and turn almost 60 degrees where you would be looking at the person next to you and still fire off your spell and hit what ever you casted on.

Actually, 180 degrees. Many times I started powering up an attack only for the mob to leap behind me, and my attack bent around (you can see it happen with attacks like the restoration staff) completely to knock him down.

As if that doesn't happen in almost every MMO. They said that they were gonna use Soft Lock. This behaviour is normal for locked targets. I don't see what the problem is. It's not like the Soft Lock was a secret and people are just discovering and trying to prove it exists.

• keenberkeenber Member UncommonPosts: 438
    allready bought the imperial adition because after two betas i love it. This post will probably get deleted like the last one where i said i loved it .
  • r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

Already pre-purchased when they announced the pre-purchase after the last beta weekend.

The Elder Scrolls Online will be the MMO of 2014. Period. Wildstar? wow 2.0, people will stay in wow. What other "big" games should be released in 2014? Nothing.

This is the year of The Elder Scrolls Online. And people will want to be part of this great game, in fact phisical preorders are already sold-out.

Who will not buy the game will be excluded from the epic MMO of the year, I could be (almost) sad for them

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322
    there is nothing wrong with the game the more you play the more you like it let me know after you have played for a week level 10-20 if you still don't like it.its close to skyrim and the actions are nicer.
    Originally posted by handlewithcare
    there is nothing wrong with the game the more you play the more you like it let me know after you have played for a week level 10-20 if you still don't like it.its close to skyrim and the actions are nicer.

I played through the game up to level 12 and it did the opposite to me, the more I played it the more bored I became. In fact, when I finally decided to call it a day, I was at yet another quest giver, looking at the area I had to go into, and just thought, "This is boring!". I logged out, uninstalled, and that was that.

Originally posted by r3dl4nce

Already pre-purchased when they announced the pre-purchase after the last beta weekend.

The Elder Scrolls Online will be the MMO of 2014. Period. Wildstar? wow 2.0, people will stay in wow. What other "big" games should be released in 2014? Nothing.

This is the year of The Elder Scrolls Online. And people will want to be part of this great game, in fact phisical preorders are already sold-out.

Who will not buy the game will be excluded from the epic MMO of the year, I could be (almost) sad for them

Ahh, blind faith, religion would have died out years ago without it.

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Originally posted by r3dl4nce

Tips Fedora.

• IvidnaelaxIvidnaelax Member UncommonPosts: 67
    People are going to either like the game, or they won't. This game is not a cup of tea for everyone. What bothers me the most is that people want to bash it before they have even had the chance to play it, or by reading articles, interviews, or watching videos. I for one am satisfied with the game because in my opinion it takes the best from the entire genre and has PvP thrown in there. Yes there are some ups and downs with the game currently, but I bet by the time release happens a lot of those issues will have been addressed.
  • QuagliaQuaglia Member Posts: 60
    I've already preordered and I can't wait to play it. 
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

On the impression i got so far, no. Perhaps the game gets better further on, but Zenimax seems to be not confident enough to tell anyone about mid to endgame.

Also, for a combat based game the combat is just too bad altogether -imo.

Another thing i noticed...in ESO for a reason there is way too much uninspired running from A to B just to "talk to a guy and get back" involved for my taste. Timesink in your face. I guess very soon the dialogues will suffer the same fate SWTOR's cut scenes had, with people getting carpal tunnel syndrom from speedclicking through them.

Still glad that some enjoy the game and stick to it. That will hopefully give it enough money and time to grow to something of substance, like i.e. back then i hoped Lotro would be. The market desperately needs diversity and i'm tired of games with mega IPs and lots of promise getting run down by ignorant and amateurish moves of their own studio to finally get shut down after a year.

I hope that ESO hangs in there and will become a game worth considering one day.

• EpiconEpicon Member Posts: 121

I love the game, certainly there are some things here and there that need to be ironed out but I have been a beta tester from the beginning and there has been steady improvement.

Imperial edition pre order here.

GW2 could do no wrong before it launched, it was supposed to be a game changer, the anti grinder and extremely immersive. I found it to be very shallow and boring beyond words. Not to mention I play MMOs for story and lore mainly, all of that sucked in GW2.

ESO, gets more hate than I have seen in a long time. Most of those people won't be in the game and that is good news. In fact, all the hate and things people were spewing made me even more confident in my purchase.  A realm reborn was the same way, lots of hate, how the game was going to suck, how it failed once, doomed to fail because there was a sub. Love that game and it is doing very well. It showed not only could a rebooted MMO work, but one with a sub -- not to mention playstation and PC gamers in one ecosystem.

Also WoW, it's the cool thing to hate on WoW, because it's the beast on top of the mountain. Bashing everywhere, especially the new expansion. Hate, all the way. Yet I love WoW as well, run a guild, and some of the best people I have met in my life, I met there.

When people are hyping a game up in both current and the past, that's when I sit back and wait for a bit, unless I have tried it for myself. I have no interest in Wildstar after the beta, but I will check it out in about 6 months after it's released. Same with Everquest Next, it doesn't feel like Everquest to me. The concepts don't interest me. But I will check it out after six months.

Both of those games are hyped a bunch, and if I was a betting man, I'd push everything I owned in the middle that Wildstar, not only goes free to play a year from launch and ESO doesn't. But also Wildstar ends up being the MMO that fails, that the press and haters have branded ESO with.

"What tastes like purple?"

• r3dl4ncer3dl4nce Member UncommonPosts: 114

Blind faith? I played in 2 beta weekends. So no "blind". I tested the game and made my opinion.