Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

12345679»

Comments

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by jacktors
    I do not like Wildstar at all.  Couldn't they have added more than 6 classes, the game will get tired fast.  And from the looks of it, the game is a carbon copy many other themepark type games. The one exception is that it is more of a sci-fi setting.  Personally, I don't thing that Wildstar is doing anything unique. Quest areas are in a very linear land, and to level up, you go from linear quest areas to another linear quest area. I am sorry, but I can play that on so many other mmorpg's out there, and without a subscription. 

Plus, the paths do not impress me at all. They are just more added boring quests.  They fell flat on the quest interaction with the npcs.   People can knock on ESO, but I think that Zenimax's progression is way better than Wildstar.  I guess the proof will be in the game subscriptions after a few months.  

Even if you compare Wildstar with SWTOR,  Wildstar falls short.  At least SWToR has animated npcs. Wildstar is caught up in the 1990's with their chat bubble quest givers. 

1-50, and all questing, isnt the bulk of the game. Thats basically the tutorial, the story telling etc. Its supposed to be linear. There is a reason why all the good stuff such as elder game, elite dungeons, raids, warparties etc start at 50. Thats how its supposed to be. If it takes you 50 hours to get to max level, and then you spend the next 500 hours at max level, where should the bulk of content be?

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Wildstar is just another linear theme-park for gear farmers.

The progression is very shallow compared to ESO. They allow players to build a skill bar, but then barely give any skills to pick from.

40 man raiding appeals to a very niche audience, 40 man pvp even moreso. They look good on paper, but the level of organization and dedication required by players is way to unrealistic these days.

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Lobotomist Originally posted by Thane Originally posted by Rockniss I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?
    well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do). wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)
    You would be suprised. But it works rather good. The combat is fun and challenging. But you also know why the heck did you get hit. That being said... Wildstar is just WOW 2.0 Do we really need that ?
    Which version of wow is it 2.0?  Vanilla?  TBC?  WOTLK?  Cata?  Panda Express?

TBC +++

I am not joking.

• Randallt3mpRandallt3mp Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Originally posted by jacktors

I do not like Wildstar at all.  Couldn't they have added more than 6 classes, the game will get tired fast.  And from the looks of it, the game is a carbon copy many other themepark type games. The one exception is that it is more of a sci-fi setting.  Personally, I don't thing that Wildstar is doing anything unique. Quest areas are in a very linear land, and to level up, you go from linear quest areas to another linear quest area. I am sorry, but I can play that on so many other mmorpg's out there, and without a subscription. 

Why does a game need more than 6 classes at launch?  Each of the classes offered in Wildstar have multiple playstyle options and depth to them. 6 is fine honestly.

The game isnt a carbon copy of themepark games.  It is a "themepark" game.  That means that yes, you will see alot of similarities between it and past "themepark" mmos.

The quest areas aside from the starter ones are not linear.  Yes they have the quest hubs, but most of the areas are very open, not linear at all.

Plus, the paths do not impress me at all. They are just more added boring quests.  They fell flat on the quest interaction with the npcs.   People can knock on ESO, but I think that Zenimax's progression is way better than Wildstar.  I guess the proof will be in the game subscriptions after a few months.  

While I think the paths are a nice touch, admittedly they could give them more depth maybe.  Honestly from what I played in ESO there isnt much interaction with its NPCs.  They tell you to do something and you do it. Much like any other mmo.

Even if you compare Wildstar with SWTOR,  Wildstar falls short.  At least SWToR has animated npcs. Wildstar is caught up in the 1990's with their chat bubble quest givers. 

SWTOR has animated npcs? How so?  Because they do cutscenes with you?  While I agree that cutscenes and voiceovers are a nice touch they certain aren't the meat of what an mmo should be.  They won't save a game like SWTOR from its mostly stripped down and underwhelming other features.  All SWTOR really had going for it was its IP in the Star wars universe.

And in terms of animated npcs besides cutscenes the ones in Wilstar feel much more animated and alive compared to the majority of static, painted on npcs SWTOR had.

I think Wildstar will fair much better than SWTOR, maybe not financially in terms on box numbers etc?  But who really cares about financial success as a gamer?  I know I wont make any money off of another businesses profits.

MMOs Played: FFXI,Age of Conan, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, GW2

Playing:None

Waiting For: Wildstar, The Repopulation, Archeage, TESO, Warhammer 40K:EC, EQN