Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

Comments

• maple2maple2 Member UncommonPosts: 161

also this game is for people who want a great game with great lore,challenge, fun, and much more if u dont like wildstar go back to your Crappy Casual WOW:..

Wow= Casual

Wildstar= Hardcore challenge

Eso= weak

• MMO-RelicMMO-Relic Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Originally posted by maple2

also this game is for people who want a great game with great lore,challenge, fun, and much more if u dont like wildstar go back to your Crappy Casual WOW:..

Wow= Casual

Eso= weak

Maple2=fanboy and clueless. Calling Wildstar hardcore challenging is like calling  GTO a little girls game.

Acolytes Gaming (forums.acolytesgaming.com)

Sheep or Shepard- Make up your own damn mind.

It is true, the older you get, the less patience you have for those who watch a Youtube video and from that believe they know it all.

• sp1cexsp1cex Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by captainamazing57

Wildstar looks absolutely terrible. It's quite depressing that this is the big MMO hope for many.

The graphics are way too childish for me to take the game seriously. Yes, I have watched the game videos.

Wildstar got same graphics as world of warcraft,rift,tera and so on.. so if u ditch a game on graphics goddamit u are retarded and stupid...

Same graphics? Have you ever seen the game ? The graphics are way too different from any of the games you listed ... and by the way i like it that way! 

Too bad it's on of the very few things i like in this game .

Sad.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by squalleonaha
    Originally posted by MrJimLahey
    Originally posted by squalleonaha
    well, depend on how they handle the 40 man raid though, most experience i got from 12-24 raid is supper lag. so i dont actually trust the 40 man raid at all.

Sounds like you need to upgrade or just get rid of your Windows 2000 computer.  I have never had lag in these situations.  Then again, im not trying to raid on a graphing calculator.

its too soon to assume that the lag is on my side. i built my own rig and i know how to handle little PC issue. 

what i'm talking is the server they running for 40 man. as in other game i played, the 12 and 24 man they giving tons of lag and high latency, delay

that is your internet and pc dude..  i never lagged or anything in any games beside FFXIV reborn because the server is located in canada and i am located in denmark.. i get a delay of 200ms.

it's not about the server at all. its about the client's pc to be able to handle 20/40 man raids as it is in wildstar..

this game as descriped before is for people who look for a challenge in a rich enviorment and raiding.

even dungeons are hard as hell and some of the starting dungeons are just as hard as  a raid in wow. 

actully it most likely in the codeing and how well efficiently it streams, bad internet can make it stand out more for some or people with above norm internet can make it not noticable, but ether way it is stil a issue, norm when things start to have lag spikes on MMO due to large amounts of players this is the reason not the rapics, since far as computer is concerned a players is no diffrent form a mob for tracking unless the codeing is bad, check out the main hub area for neer winter if ya dont beleave me ugh 

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

Wow= Casual

Eso= weak

wish poeple would stop calling WoW crappy yes its dated yes its theme park and alot of people dont like that anymore but you are till forgetting that no matter how ya cut it it is still the big gorrila and it didnt get that way due to being a crappy game.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 309

When it comes to Wild-star i have been in the closed beta since December 2013

for Eso i have been in the closed beta since January 2014

I too was all for ESO and was bashing Wildstar saying it was going to be pay 2 win  yada then i randomly hop on my beta that i had let sit around and was amazed by the gem that i had been missing out on, the only  and i mean the ONLY thing ESO beats Wildstar in is Questing and Lore besides that wildstar slams eso......hard , esp in the Pvp and hardcore raiding department and that's a-lot of endgame stuff, When it comes to the Pvpers of ESO they are going to get bored after a couple of months of doing the same old keeps raids and when Zenimax sees that they are going to come out with the main city in the pvp zone then pvp wll raise and then go back down after a couple months of that, also keep in mind ESO has no Endgame raiding like Wildstar, no 20 mans no 40 mans etc, i was so set for eso and everything but then i gave wildstar a random second look and jumped off the Eso sinking ship real fast , i suggest you guys do the same lol.

Ps. to the guy who was saying that Eso has  a better skill system .... have u even seen how fast and how much u can customize your load-out when it comes to your class skills in wildstar? in eso all you have is 2 morphs and theres always 1 that's better than the other so good luck look/ feeling "unique" with your load-out also eso spell effects are most definitely not better if anything they need a amp up 

Why are you so irrelevant? >:)

• LisaFlexy22LisaFlexy22 Member UncommonPosts: 450

Wow= Casual

Eso= weak

Yes, I definitely found it pretty hardcore that there is a giant arrow in the middle of the screen pointing me in the direction of every quest objective.

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

Wow= Casual

Eso= weak

Yes, I definitely found it pretty hardcore that there is a giant arrow in the middle of the screen pointing me in the direction of every quest objective.

Are you trolling or being serious? if you think that is what makes a MMO hardcore ( a missing arrow really?) then i don't think you know what the word 'hardcore' means.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Last home?

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

"and jumped off the Eso sinking ship real fast"

It appears that the "sinking" is apparently in the upwards direction at the moment - which in fact is termed floating.

Sinking ship before the game is launched and is getting pretty good reviews from the people who have played past level 7 or so.

But I'll ask - why do you feel the need to bash one game just because you've found another you like? If Wildstar suits you ok, you won't be alone in playing it, so no need to look for others to back your decision up.

I hope both ws and eso do really well. Game successes drive the market forward, encouraging companies to make the investment.

• sp1cexsp1cex Member UncommonPosts: 27
    Originally posted by JudgeUK

"and jumped off the Eso sinking ship real fast"

It appears that the "sinking" is apparently in the upwards direction at the moment - which in fact is termed floating.

Sinking ship before the game is launched and is getting pretty good reviews from the people who have played past level 7 or so.

But I'll ask - why do you feel the need to bash one game just because you've found another you like? If Wildstar suits you ok, you won't be alone in playing it, so no need to look for others to back your decision up.

I hope both ws and eso do really well. Game successes drive the market forward, encouraging companies to make the investment.

^ This. I realy hope both games will do great after release .

• AzzrasAzzras Member UncommonPosts: 407

Looking forward to WS, but it's not going to have a massive player base.

I also remember the difficulty of getting 40 players together and trying to keep them organized and engaged.  If you were just a player it was great!  If you were trying to organize it, it was somewhat of a nightmare at times...though quite rewarding if successful.

On the other hand, 40m raids have to be severely 'dumbed' down for the masses.

This game will eventually go f2p with a cash shop.  That is inevitable.  What remains to be seen is if the devs can keep pushing content or if they are forced to focus on cash shop items.

As for 'our' last hope for MMOs?  HARDLY.

Plenty of games to look forward to.  Being this one is sci-fi, I'll say I'm looking forward to Star Citizen way more than WS.  (I'm looking forward to other games as well, but those games aren't sci-fi.)

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Only until the next last hope comes along.
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Azzras
    Looking forward to WS, but it's not going to have a massive player base.I also remember the difficulty of getting 40 players together and trying to keep them organized and engaged.  If you were just a player it was great!  If you were trying to organize it, it was somewhat of a nightmare at times...though quite rewarding if successful.On the other hand, 40m raids have to be severely 'dumbed' down for the masses.This game will eventually go f2p with a cash shop.  That is inevitable.  What remains to be seen is if the devs can keep pushing content or if they are forced to focus on cash shop items.As for 'our' last hope for MMOs?  HARDLY.Plenty of games to look forward to.  Being this one is sci-fi, I'll say I'm looking forward to Star Citizen way more than WS.  (I'm looking forward to other games as well, but those games aren't sci-fi.)

Then do the 20 man raids instead? I dont understand why everyone is hung up on the 40 man raids as if that was the only choice

Originally posted by Annekynn

Looking forward to WS, but it's not going to have a massive player base.

I also remember the difficulty of getting 40 players together and trying to keep them organized and engaged.  If you were just a player it was great!  If you were trying to organize it, it was somewhat of a nightmare at times...though quite rewarding if successful.

On the other hand, 40m raids have to be severely 'dumbed' down for the masses.

This game will eventually go f2p with a cash shop.  That is inevitable.  What remains to be seen is if the devs can keep pushing content or if they are forced to focus on cash shop items.

As for 'our' last hope for MMOs?  HARDLY.

Plenty of games to look forward to.  Being this one is sci-fi, I'll say I'm looking forward to Star Citizen way more than WS.  (I'm looking forward to other games as well, but those games aren't sci-fi.)

Then do the 20 man raids instead? I dont understand why everyone is hung up on the 40 man raids as if that was the only choice

I'm not hung up on it, was just stating my observations.

The game is not perfect, please learn to accept criticism of it.  Rose tinted glasses do no favors to the devs or the game.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Rockniss
    Been looking to replace WoW for quite a while, and with ESO sucking, it looks like the Wildstar is going to be the last hope for now to replace WoW. I think EQNEXT is going to be great, but it's still a ways off, so Wildstar I am counting on you, I really would like to skip Warlords of Dreanor and if your game is good enough, I am all in. From what I can tell so far, it really looks like WoW only better, and if that's the case, I am all yours.

They should rename it: MildStar the sleep aid. It is that boring. Don't get me wrong, it is well made, polished, everything you expect from a triple A MMORPG. Lots of stuff to do, but everything is boring. Combat is slow and clunky. Spoiler alert: Strafe around your target spamming skills ftw.

The path system is well thought out and well implemented, but again, boring.

I had high hopes for this game, but it just didn't do it for me. Again, not calling it a fail, not saying it is horrible, just saying to me, it was dead boring.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• ReallymjReallymj Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Wildstar definately has all the pieces there to be a great game I enjoyed playing to over the weekend. IHowever, it seems geared more towards children in my opinion. I prefer to play a grown up game and will be going with Elder Scrolls as I've been able to experiene both betas.

~Im not what I am~

• bennofiebennofie Member Posts: 7
    Its a long time since I have had so much fun as I had in Wildstar this weekend. Tried to do some group content solo, and to my joy saw that it was impossible. The setting is maybe non-serious (what some call childish), but that is not a problem. As long a boy on 43 like me can have fun. Fun and gaming goes hand in hand for me. Looking forward to the future in Nexus
  • AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Annekynn   Originally posted by Azzras Looking forward to WS, but it's not going to have a massive player base.   I also remember the difficulty of getting 40 players together and trying to keep them organized and engaged.  If you were just a player it was great!  If you were trying to organize it, it was somewhat of a nightmare at times...though quite rewarding if successful. On the other hand, 40m raids have to be severely 'dumbed' down for the masses. This game will eventually go f2p with a cash shop.  That is inevitable.  What remains to be seen is if the devs can keep pushing content or if they are forced to focus on cash shop items. As for 'our' last hope for MMOs?  HARDLY. Plenty of games to look forward to.  Being this one is sci-fi, I'll say I'm looking forward to Star Citizen way more than WS.  (I'm looking forward to other games as well, but those games aren't sci-fi.)

The game is not perfect, please learn to accept criticism of it.  Rose tinted glasses do no favors to the devs or the game.

Criticism is just fine. However what youre doing aint it. Youre making predictions (40 man dumbed down, game going F2P) and comparing it to STAR CITIZEN, a space based shooter. I mean, really? Youre comparing WildStar to that? Thats not even apples and oranges, more like apples and kangaroos.

• black_ifritblack_ifrit Member Posts: 45
    I love ESO i played the beta and the pvp is the best i have found next to WAR.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by Thane
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

You would be suprised. But it works rather good. The combat is fun and challenging. But you also know why the heck did you get hit.

That being said...

Wildstar is just WOW 2.0

Do we really need that ?

Which version of wow is it 2.0?  Vanilla?  TBC?  WOTLK?  Cata?  Panda Express?

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

Originally posted by Azzras Looking forward to WS, but it's not going to have a massive player base.   I also remember the difficulty of getting 40 players together and trying to keep them organized and engaged.  If you were just a player it was great!  If you were trying to organize it, it was somewhat of a nightmare at times...though quite rewarding if successful. On the other hand, 40m raids have to be severely 'dumbed' down for the masses. This game will eventually go f2p with a cash shop.  That is inevitable.  What remains to be seen is if the devs can keep pushing content or if they are forced to focus on cash shop items. As for 'our' last hope for MMOs?  HARDLY. Plenty of games to look forward to.  Being this one is sci-fi, I'll say I'm looking forward to Star Citizen way more than WS.  (I'm looking forward to other games as well, but those games aren't sci-fi.)

Criticism is just fine. However what youre doing aint it. Youre making predictions (40 man dumbed down, game going F2P) and comparing it to STAR CITIZEN, a space based shooter. I mean, really? Youre comparing WildStar to that? Thats not even apples and oranges, more like apples and kangaroos.

I never compared SC to WS except both are sci-fi themed and both MMOs.  I said I'm looking forward to SC MORE than WS. 

I will not, however; say any game is perfect...WS will be fun for a bit, but will go the way of past MMOs like SWTOR.

That is my opinion, just as yours is that WS is....perfect...somehow...

Is WildStar the WoW killer too?

Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Lobotomist
    Originally posted by Thane
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

You would be suprised. But it works rather good. The combat is fun and challenging. But you also know why the heck did you get hit.

That being said...

Wildstar is just WOW 2.0

Do we really need that ?

Which version of wow is it 2.0?  Vanilla?  TBC?  WOTLK?  Cata?  Panda Express?

Seems like they're trying to mix Vanilla and Panda imo.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Been looking to replace WoW for quite a while, and with ESO sucking, it looks like the Wildstar is going to be the last hope for now to replace WoW. I think EQNEXT is going to be great, but it's still a ways off, so Wildstar I am counting on you, I really would like to skip Warlords of Dreanor and if your game is good enough, I am all in. From what I can tell so far, it really looks like WoW only better, and if that's the case, I am all yours.

What about EQNext:Landmark? It's already shaping up to be a really good game in alpha.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

I do not like Wildstar at all.  Couldn't they have added more than 6 classes, the game will get tired fast.  And from the looks of it, the game is a carbon copy many other themepark type games. The one exception is that it is more of a sci-fi setting.  Personally, I don't thing that Wildstar is doing anything unique. Quest areas are in a very linear land, and to level up, you go from linear quest areas to another linear quest area. I am sorry, but I can play that on so many other mmorpg's out there, and without a subscription. 

Plus, the paths do not impress me at all. They are just more added boring quests.  They fell flat on the quest interaction with the npcs.   People can knock on ESO, but I think that Zenimax's progression is way better than Wildstar.  I guess the proof will be in the game subscriptions after a few months.  

Even if you compare Wildstar with SWTOR,  Wildstar falls short.  At least SWToR has animated npcs. Wildstar is caught up in the 1990's with their chat bubble quest givers.