Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

Comments

• HeraseHerase Member RarePosts: 993
    Originally posted by smokeybha
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Thane

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

Hate to break it to ya, every game has telegraphed red attacks now.

EVERY GAME.

Yeah, except wildstar went a step further and gave green heal AoE too? Wtf, handhold much?

You do realise this is an action combat based game and not tab targeting? the reason you don't see a lot of dmg telegraphs in other games is most attacks  can't be dodged, there unavoidable, so you have all these abilities which reduce the in coming amount of damage. this also is the same for healing, the heals auto hit, i click a player and he gets healed. There is probably only about 1-2 aoe placed heals in Wow because all of them auto hit their target. 

The reason for the telegraphs is simple. All attacks can be dodged in this game, because all heals can be missed. So if you get hit by the boss and your at 10% hp, you may or may not get healed straight away. Like i said before you don't click a target and his/she is healed. I have to place my heal down in a certian location first, but that doesn't  mean the heal will hit. The boss could start doing a series of attacks that have players running all over the place, rending that placed heal useless, this scenario will be happening constantly in this game due to it being an action combat based. So you  could find yourself running around at times with hardly any hp for quite a while, praying you don't get whacked by an attack. Now see why the dmg telegraphs are important? So saying that, the healer could then place a heal down, while you're dodging and maneuvering you can spot this and move into the heal.

Again you won't be standing around in this game, you will be on the move a lot. The telegraphs will save you, because there is a massive risk if you get whomped by a mob/boss, you could be running around with 10% for quite a while.

Hope that make sense now :)

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,672

OP - Having experienced the beta so far, if you're looking at this game as your last hope (by the way, who's "our"? - everyone? you and your flatmate? ) - anyway, if you are, you may just have run completely out of hope.

nda blankets the rest for now.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by JudgeUK
    OP - Having experienced the beta so far, if you're looking at this game as your last hope (by the way, who's "our"? - everyone? you and your flatmate? ) - anyway, if you are, you may just have run completely out of hope.nda blankets the rest for now.  

Well ill happily be your opposite then as I just tried the beta and its PERFECT. The anti-TESO.

• Originally posted by Annekynn

Originally posted by JudgeUK
    OP - Having experienced the beta so far, if you're looking at this game as your last hope (by the way, who's "our"? - everyone? you and your flatmate? ) - anyway, if you are, you may just have run completely out of hope.

nda blankets the rest for now.

Well ill happily be your opposite then as I just tried the beta and its PERFECT. The anti-TESO.

The anti-teso?

Must be horrid.

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Have no fear everyone, our last hope for yet another WoW clone draws nigh.
  • lunatiquezlunatiquez Member UncommonPosts: 381

I've tried the beta. It's nothing like "last hope" or some short.

We can't compare ESO with Wildstar, they're targetted for completely different audience.

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    Have no fear everyone, our last hope for yet another WoW clone draws nigh.

You mean another mmorpg? Yep, youre at the right place then

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

Nope, not really.  I was more interested in Wildstar and now that I've played both I highly prefer ESO.  Wildstar has two things going for it... Combat and housing.  

I think they target two different audiences.  If your the kind of person that likes small scale twitchy competitive combat and doesn't give two shits about storyline... Wildstar is great.  If your the kind of person who loves an immersive world with great crafting and high quality mature story lines... And large scale world PvP, ESO is looking pretty awesome.

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    i tryed both ESO and WS but  WS is better for me
  • Originally posted by davc123

I myself prefer ESO. It takes along time, but once you get out of your starter zone.....it almost does not feel like a mmo...

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

WOW cartoon style + sub $15 a month, 

Its an artistic style, if thats a "Games no good" point to you, its a bit sad you can allow a stylistic choice meaning a game won't work to you. A darker and grayer color scream with less artistic talent applied to creating a world doesn't make it adult. Playing something with a stylized art style does not making you a 'little kid', you don't have to worry about being reverted for playing it. Don't just blindly close things out for it being "Cartoony" cause your going to miss out on a lot of great things that blow away much of the 'adult' mediocrity. 

Subscription wise I feel is NOT going to destroy games. A lot of people I think realize the flaws of F2P and the fact it trivializes its gameplay in many cases FOR that cash shop, a lot of people aren't exactly thrilled with it. Not ot say F2P is going anywhere, but I feel a good that is entertaining enough and can provide a good atmosphere with plenty of content can easily survive with a subscription fee, so long as it can convince people of it. 

• cpupowercpupower Member Posts: 28
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a Wildstar beta tester. Wildstar is NOT!!!!! fun. I tested ESO 3 beta weekends ESO is LOTS of FUN!!!!!!!!  I can't make it any simpler than that but soon you will see for yourself. Once you play both of them for yourself.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    I've tested both, so far Wildstar>>>>>ESO. Only thing to blame about Wildstar (Bill Murphy already wrote in one article) - there is no deep in quests and stories and some quests are generic. Exploration path quests are freaking awesome. 
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550
    Originally posted by Heavy-armor-warrior
    Originally posted by davc123

I myself prefer ESO. It takes along time, but once you get out of your starter zone.....it almost does not feel like a mmo...

I like how some people feel the need to defend their mmo choice when other people select a different choice.

• MalviousMalvious Member UncommonPosts: 218
    If WS is our last hope, we are doomed already.

Fine, we'll compromise. I'll get my way & you'll find a way to be okay with that.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102

ESO feels fresh, can't say the same for Wildstar.

• HexamusHexamus Member UncommonPosts: 41

In the end we're all going to go to what appeals to us most. I played ESO and is generally really boring to me. Big fan of the ES series and ESO is the only game I can so far say is a let down (for now since it isn't out of beta... Things can change...) I'll be keeping my eye on it but for me Wildstar is the way to go. 

Of course that is me and many others I've seen from comments and friends. But there are also many people who like ESO and they may end up having a good time with it. In the end it comes down to what you want to play. 

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Arthasm
    I've tested both, so far Wildstar>>>>>ESO. Only thing to blame about Wildstar (Bill Murphy already wrote in one article) - there is no deep in quests and stories and some quests are generic. Exploration path quests are freaking awesome. 

This may be why I couldn't get into it.  The quests just seemed to be lacking a story.  But, I'm one of the FFXIV lovers so what do I know :P.

• Originally posted by winter

Meh looks like ESO is still our last hope 

Im on same boat too, ESO is still "my" last hope. Not for first levels but after some level up ESO becomes more interesting and enjoyable game.I think i will stick with ESO..

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    So I just got done playing it....Sorry to say (except for a few new mechanics) this game is just like WOW....it is.....sorry.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Malvious
    If WS is our last hope, we are doomed already.

I've been looking for the words to post in this thread.... You just found them for me.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

I think, it tells a lot about this site, that in the Wildstar Forums, there are far more ESO fans than in the ESO forums. And sometimes I think so vice versa.

People just seem to like trolling instead of actually talking and discussing to each other. There

on-topic:

No, WS is not our (who?) last hope. ESO is also not our (who again?) last hope. Both seem to be good games, which i will enjoy somewhere in the future. Looking forward to them both!

Hodor!

• miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

Wildstar is the last hope for who? 

Not for me.

This is turning into another GW2 vs TOR fanboy slug fest. Stop belittling other mmos and hyping the one YOU like. Everyone has different likes and tastes, so just because you dont like something, dont assume everyone else shares your sentiment.

• Originally posted by AzurePrower

I like how some people feel the need to defend their mmo choice when other people select a different choice.

Defending? No.

Just saying why i like it.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Hasn't this been a staple thread title for every MMO that has released in the last 10 years?