Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

Comments

• AnnekynnAnnekynn Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by RelGn
    Do we need more cartoon games?We already have wow

Absolutely, since we have plenty of the opposite (realistic looking). However last I checked how a game looks does not define how good or bad it is. By your logic SWTOR should have been one of the greatest games ever since it looks absolutely fantastic.

Originally posted by Tuskanxi
    Been playing WoW recently, then watching the WS streams.  Have to say that WS looks way more interesting, and the sci-fi aspect is much much more attention grabbing.  The problem is, the market is oversaturated with Fantasy mmo's.  The "OTHER" game/beta is so damned boring, that by saturday of a beta weekend, I stopped playing because it was sooooo boring. I have a feeling Wildstar will be great, and lasting.  From what I hear from streamers, I think ESO won't be an issue with it.  The haters will always just hate without researching, checking streams/footage, and dev speaks.  For those, just stick with WoW and let that $#!T storm do what it does.

Thankfully WildStar blends fantasy with sci-fi, so hopefully the combination will give us something nice and interesting instead of going pure fantasy or pure sci-fi. At the very least it gives the devs freedom to do anything and still have it fit into the games universe. Magic? Sure why not. Guns? Sure why not. Space ships? Hell yeah!

Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by Voiidiin THIS ! Out of all the games that we have called "WoWclone" Wildstar really deserves this. Never have I seen a more blatant and obvious copy.
    Somebody hasn't played Rift.  And somebody hasn't played Wildstar, for that matter.  The design of Wildstar is obviously very similar to WoW.  The gameplay?  Not at all.  

You are correct. I just got to level 15 in RIFT and ive finally understood why the game never took off. While the npc incursions that have to be defeated are a very nice touch, everything else is almost identical to WoW. While WildStar will share plenty of things with WoW given how many former blizzard devs it has, it will (hopefully) also have enough to significantly distinguish itself (spaceship house!). Personally I view the game as what blizzard should have made years ago with the Titan project. If they can get the polish and presentation off right they may just pull it off.

Originally posted by coretex666
    If Wildstar is your last hope then I would not want to be in your shoes.

Well if your signature is true and youre waiting for NOTHING thats been announced then you have even less hope than we do in finding the next great game, so while you may not want to be in our shoes, I definitely dont want to be in yours.

• Blazer6992Blazer6992 Member UncommonPosts: 642

If Wildstar was free I would be very interested in it. With the disappointment of TESO and EQ Next I'm not going to be playing any MMO for quite some while from the looks of it.

• PellagrenPellagren Member Posts: 32
    I found Wildstar less appealing than ESO.  In fact, it took me about 5 hours of gameplay until I realized that ESO was not the game for me.  With Wildstar knew in 10 minutes.
  • FandinFandin Member UncommonPosts: 55

What is this "our", and why is the OP assuming everyone shares in its opinion? 

Anyway, I personally have no interest in playing either WildStar or ESO. I currently play a theme park MMO. I'm much more interested in the upcoming sandbox games.

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    How do people claim every other game is the same in terms of telegraphs? I don't understand where that claim/belief is coming from but it definitely is not anything close to the same as other games. The telegraphs are a HUGE turn off for me. I don't care whether it makes the game easier or not, it's just very very ugly to look at big red/blue areas on the ground every single time someone uses an ability. From watching the videos/streams of the game, it's literally just dodge the colored telegraphs which takes away from immersion. You're no longer paying attention to the actual characters, you're just playing dodge the colors like when you're 5 years old and say "The ground is made of lava!"
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Wildstar our last hope? Thank God that is a troll at best.
  • GuyClinchGuyClinch Member CommonPosts: 485

" However last I checked how a game looks does not define how good or bad it is. By your logic SWTOR should have been one of the greatest games ever since it looks absolutely fantastic."

Huh? SWTOR was all closed in - and had pretty average graphics. The player models looked really similiar from a distance. You have a funny view of fantastic. GW2 - now that is a good looking MMO.

• epoqepoq Member UncommonPosts: 394

Our last hope of what? 2014?

ArcheAge, EQnext, Camelot Unchained, Pantheon......the list goes on.

Don't give up hope.  Someday, somewhere, someone will get it right.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by Voiidiin THIS ! Out of all the games that we have called "WoWclone" Wildstar really deserves this. Never have I seen a more blatant and obvious copy.
    Somebody hasn't played Rift.  And somebody hasn't played Wildstar, for that matter.  The design of Wildstar is obviously very similar to WoW.  The gameplay?  Not at all.  

You are correct. I just got to level 15 in RIFT and ive finally understood why the game never took off. While the npc incursions that have to be defeated are a very nice touch, everything else is almost identical to WoW. While WildStar will share plenty of things with WoW given how many former blizzard devs it has, it will (hopefully) also have enough to significantly distinguish itself (spaceship house!). Personally I view the game as what blizzard should have made years ago with the Titan project. If they can get the polish and presentation off right they may just pull it off.

This is how I'm feeling too.

Eqnext is to far away landmark will keep me busy, but from what I can see Wildstar looks like the game that can stop me from playing Wow. It looks like WoW only better.
    Originally posted by LisaFlexy22

Originally posted by Rockniss
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

I've played both in beta and find ESO to be a bit better than videos represent and Wildstar horribly worse than videos make it seem.  But to each their own.

it's not just that, I have put a significant amount of time into Skyrim and I am not used to paying a monthly fee to play Skyrim. I still like Skyrim and play 5 hours or more per week. I feel like I would abandon Skyrim if I played ESO. I don't see the need to do so. I guess for me eso doesn't separate itself enough, if I want ES I will just continue to enjoy Skyrim, it's payed for and from a single player rpg perspective it's better than ESO. From what I have seen so far it's not enough mmorpg either to justify the cost.
  • Ryoshi1Ryoshi1 Member Posts: 139
    I'm not a big fan of those flashlighty telegraphs here. All that red blue green gotta go or at at least have an option to turn it off :D
  • AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    You can turn them off but you're going to want them on.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,115

Well I too played ESO in this weekend beta and I must say that I was kinda impressive at how the game plays and feels. Is definitely a game to watch for Elder Scroll fans.  

With that being said, the game feels like a single player version with some wannabe MMO elements. While this may not be bad for gamers who likes this kind of game, I , on the other hand , don't enjoy this style. Yes, I enjoy your "typical" MMO. WoW, Lineage 2, Aion , and the list goes on. 

So all in all , ES will have it's player base, that's for sure and I hope  the game will be a success for them.

For me, yes, I will be choosing Wildstar. Is a more "generic" game, which fits to my needs. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Originally posted by Ryoshi1
    I'm not a big fan of those flashlighty telegraphs here. All that red blue green gotta go or at at least have an option to turn it off :D

Then turn them off. But since WildStar supports mods, im sure either the devs will a) put in options to tweak how the telegraphs look or b) the community will via mods. Hardly a big problem

• collektcollekt Member UncommonPosts: 328
    Originally posted by Annekynn

Originally posted by Ryoshi1

Then turn them off. But since WildStar supports mods, im sure either the devs will a) put in options to tweak how the telegraphs look or b) the community will via mods. Hardly a big problem

I can't speak for Ryoshi1 but the particular look of the telegraphs isn't the problem for me, it's that they are there in the first place. You can't really turn them off because then you would be at a huge disadvantage. From watching the videos, I just feel like I'll be staring down at the ground for telegraphs the entire time I'm playing the game. It just doesn't seem like much fun for me.

On the ESO front, it's not really a Skyrim replacement. The reason to play ESO is if you like tri-faction, large scale, siege oriented PvP. If you like that sort of thing, then ESO is your go-to game for the next year or two at least. If you're not into that avenue of MMO gaming, then you're probably better suited with another game.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

If you go into wildstar with the mindset of it will be alot like WoW with a different combat system... You will not be disappointed.

Do not assume of anything crazy different from the typical quest hub mmo.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

The game is weird.

Originally posted by Punk999

If you go into wildstar with the mindset of it will be alot like WoW with a different combat system... You will not be disappointed.Do not assume of anything crazy different from the typical quest hub mmo.

Bring a raid boss into Warplots pvp and unleash it on your foe is different.
    Build up your " let's call it a Garrison " in warplots is different.

It's not all about quest hubs, the combat is different from an mmorpg perspective as well. You actually have to move and aim your skills.

I guess quest hubs don't bother me, every game has them one way or another some just choose to display them differently.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Bring down expectations and learn that games from here on out will all be a niche style game. Just play games for fun and don't set them up as a lifestyle and you will never be disappointed! 

Look at the trend anymore. Games release with a huge following because it's new, they lose a large part of the players within a month or so, then what is left is the people that actually like the title. The people that are left are part of a niche title and defend the game while the rest pick it a part <----- (this I don't understand). The genre is so saturated with games that we don't stick with one long enough to really learn to enjoy it, we get a bit bored and move to another title. WoW had little competition with it's release and that is why it became so hugely popular. 

IMHO there will never be a "last hope" game again.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Don't overlook "THE REPOPULATION".
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,359
    I'm not too thrilled with WoW-In-Space....
  • Eighteen16Eighteen16 Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Wildstar is made by devs who want to relive the Wow glory days. It is a huge gamble that will most likely blow up into their faces, especially if they release it before Wod. Hardcore raiders are not going to leave Wow, people who do leave Wow look for something different to try out, for which ESO is a much better deal, whether it will be good or not. Their only hope is cashing in on the time between ESO and Wod and praying that the content is good enough to retain enough players.