Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well looks like Wildstar is THE last hope.

Comments

• WahrHeitWahrHeit Member UncommonPosts: 57

None of those were my last hope :)

The repopulation ftw

• KuinnKuinn Member UncommonPosts: 2,072
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

First of all, I'm going to give TESO a shot since Wildstar has no release date yet. Anyway, I'm looking forward to Wildstar since I want a mmorpg with a proper housing for a change, and proper customization on many aspects of the game like Wildstar will have. However, it looks like it's just yet another "standard themepark" when it comes to how the core game is built, and sadly there's a very slim chance I will stick with that for a long period of time, but who knows.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960
    Originally posted by Thane
    I was on the fence with Wildstar and ESO, but with ESO not looking like something I want to invest in, I am turning to Wildstar. I have been watching a lot of video of the early game. I can't help but compare to ESO and well, Wildstar just looks more like an mmorpg and furthermore it looks like it could actually be better than WoW. Anyone else a little disappointed with ESO and now turning more attention to Wildstar?

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

You would be suprised. But it works rather good. The combat is fun and challenging. But you also know why the heck did you get hit.

That being said...

Wildstar is just WOW 2.0

Do we really need that ?

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I'm thinking the OP means last hope with new MMO's to play because according to this site there are 630 MMOs out there now.  Never in history have there been so many MMO's available.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by MrJimLahey

well, it might look like this, unless you actually wait for EQN or WH40k (which i do).

wildstar... naaa.... too many telegraphs ("pls dont stand in the ae. i will mark it red for you!"... whatever)

The telegraphs make the game easier.

I fixed that for you

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

It all depends in what you want from an MMO, personally i am really happy with ESO...

Wildstar could be fun too... It depends on how the combat works out, if combat works anything like in TSW, then i am out...  I really hope they can add more tactical dessigens the TSW combat could..  If it ends up with building your chracters around perfect rotation builds instead of building a chracter to survive anything the game throws at you, then i am offf

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• SikhanderSikhander Member UncommonPosts: 220

I had no expectations about ESO and I must say that I have thoroughly enjoyed my beta experience so far. Great questing and story telling. Not sure why I would subscribe past month 2/3 or so though (seems like a larger Skyrim to me) but we will see. Do not see it as a PvP game at all since I have already found a way to break the bank with one class (you know when abilities synergise through the roof in a way that is awesome in PvE/Single player play but broken in PvP).

However, Wildstar is what I am looking forward to. Seems to have it all - for me (that is the word). But now I know I will quest in ESO along the way. For sure.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

eso does exactly same telegraphs

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by djazzy
    There is never a last hope. There will always be newer games coming out
    agree - Wildstar will probably have some warts too, it's the nature of mmos
  • ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

WOW cartoon style + sub $15 a month, 

i would not let my hope on it much.

also its no longer time that we stick on 1 MMO for 5-7 years anymore. maybe we should just buy the mmo we like and play for the free month and begone with it.

well that's an interesting response, but I don't think that's what we are looking for.

Why do you keep putting "our" and "we" in YOUR posts? Do you speak for more than yourself? 

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

well got to lv 7 ineso and now im stuck in a solo instence finished it but cant exit it everytime i do  after 1 hr of loading it crashs everytime and  i make a new charicter get it out of noob starter zone then a nother hr  and crash  when loading into   the starter island

everquest next my next hope eso just not there 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Wildstar looks fun... It has a slightly punk-rock attitude to a lot of the things it does. And foremost it does not take it self all that bleeding serious.

Unlike tESO... That game looks serious as a heart attack while skydiving.

It all comes down to taste i guess.

I will also pick up EQ:N but it is a freemium game so it does not really count. =P

This have been a good conversation

• MeechaMeecha Member Posts: 30
    Wildstar looks like a lot of fun, but The Repoppulation still is my top pick for this year. More than likely I will play both of these, and a few others I am sure. ESO just is not grabbing my attention at all, maybe well after release I will give it a shot, but right now, I just have zero interest in it.
  • AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

I knew as soon as ESO was declared a "fail." That people would come flooding to the Wildstar section to either hype it or hate it.

Shoo! Shoo! It was nice and peaceful before you all came.

• EugeneKDudleyEugeneKDudley Member Posts: 58

It's funny thinking about MMO's as the only hope. I play games purely for the fun factor, if it isn't fun I move on. I never get angry or upset since it's just a video game, and i tend not to get mad at developers or publishers since I find it silly to do so. ESO wasn't my cup of tea, but I'm sure other folks will enjoy it, i know it wasn't for me and i had no fun at all after hours of playing it.

If wildstar is fun I will continue to support the game and play it....If not? will move on and keep trying until I have some fun.

"By all means, reach for the stars but you need to build the spaceship first"

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Latronus

Of course they look the same, but it appears to me that you are given way too much time in Wildstar to get the hell outta the red.  I never played TERA or FFXIV to compare and ESO is in beta so who knows how their telegraphs will be at launch and I have seen some AOE type attacks that didn't have red zones, but that's probably a bug.  The entre idea is for lazy gamers and needs to go the way of the dinosaur, but then the majority of gamers these days aren't used to using brain power to figure out that when the mob takes a huge backswing that an AOE is about to be incoming.  I can only imagine the collective crying that would happen if an MMO came out without this. 

Before telegraphed attacks you COULD NOT dodge an attack from a monster in an mmo ACTIVELY. Yes, you could level your dodge skill or put on more evd gear, but no mmo let you dodge actual attacks until telegraphing became 'the rage.'

Please tell me in DAoC, EQ, EQ2, FFXI, UO, or any of those games when you could actually ACTIVELY dodge an attack by a mob.

You couldn't.

It's a new play style, it's letting the players be able to use skill to negate damage not just reply on RPG style numbers.

Sure you COULD make an MMO that had attacks you could dodge with NO telegraphing.

There are a few mobs in FFXIV that have attacks like that.  People die instantly to them because they aren't used to the change up.

TERA had a good hybrid system of some telegraphed attacks and some not... Only game I can think of that 'did it right' in my opinion.

Wrong, actually.  I call Asheron to the stand.

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

I was going to come here and post the same thing. I'm really getting disappointed by everything else ESO and EQN so I'm really hoping Wildstar has what I'm looking for.  I wasn't interested in it at first, but after watching a lot of the videos on their website I've become interested, especially in the whole "paths" aspect. 

wow i joined back in 2003 @_@

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Wildstar is just WoW with upgraded combat and a sci-fi theme, I don't see how that can possibly be anyone's last hope.  It's not like you can't play WoW right now... I suppose the raids are 25 rather than 40 and the combat isn't as good, but other than that not too much difference.
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

if wildstar was my last hope id be very upset, thankfully it is not my last hope, as not only do i prefer sci fi games any way i actully like none MMOs, so i can find something to hold me over till i find somthing i can call home agian.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Hope? We know exactly what Wildstar is. Quest, dungeons, and battlegrounds. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    WildStar is going to be awesome. But besides that, if Pantheon gets supported, Pantheon will be amazing and old school,

Killing dragons is my shit

• ropeniceropenice Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by squalleonaha

WOW cartoon style + sub $15 a month, 

i would not let my hope on it much.

also its no longer time that we stick on 1 MMO for 5-7 years anymore. maybe we should just buy the mmo we like and play for the free month and begone with it.

This might be best summation of this trend. And even if you like a game, the population will drop, it will have to go f2p and drives people away anyway. Been a long time since playing a game for even 1 yr. Hate to say it, but we might be better off and less aggravated if we view them as single player games with multi play option and play it a month or two then move on to another.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by Maquiame
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen/comments

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no.

Brad McQuaid was lucky with EQ and that's it, there is no way i back someone like that.

• kotzkotz Member UncommonPosts: 100

Starcitizen

Pathfinder

The Repopulation

Ever quest next

Black desert

And many more are games using the concept SANBOX . AND wildstar is not one of them, nothing new there. Neext! Old concept!

Also it seems like the games coming out in the near future will all have the SANDBOX concept within the game...

I think we are witnessing the death of linear gaming =)  but there are still alot of games that started out with that concept and dont have the money to change it into SANBOX.  So those kind of games will still popup for a year or two and die fast.... THEN no more linear games! I hope :p

If you like mmos then SANBOX is like heroin to a drug adict =)