Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry Joe reviews ESO Beta

Comments

• BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

That being said, IF I was a game developer and was creating an MMO, you can be damn sure that I'd make sure the first 20 levels or so are AMAZING.  Games that take too long to get interesting, ESO being one of them by the comments I've heard, really hurt themselves in these reviews.  One thing I've grown to hate is people defending a game by saying, "After the first X levels, it really begins to open up."  That's a big red flag to me nowadays. I just want a developer to say, "Okay, the game has started, now just GO...get out there and explore and figure it out on your own."  

I don't really agree if the game isn't F2P. Since the players already paid for at least 1 month, they're less likely to leave for 1 month. Dev then have more room to go for slower pace.

Some of my favorite MMORPG didn't open up until a couple of months of playing, tbh.

I've played about 5 levels of beta, I can't say it's AMAZING, in fact a lot of the aspects are inferior to other games, but I was hooked.

• -aLpHa--aLpHa- Member UncommonPosts: 852

Originally posted by Thornrage
    Originally posted by Volgore Quit that crap after 5mins. All i got from that "review" was some guy playing the beta with a bunch of other folks on VoIP, going "f*ck f*ck!!", "dude, dude!", "awesome, dude!" all the way, showing their pathetic eVip attitude.  
    ^^^^ This

My beta experience was much more enjoyable than this Joe guy lets on.

If I were a developer, I wouldn't give this Youtube hack an NDA pass.

It would be unwise to not send people like him beta key/games, he has a rather large following on YouTube so that makes him cheap advertisement.

That you wont always get good feedback is part of the business.

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Jyiiga

I am beyond sick of the sub fee whines. They whine and whine and cry like little babies about sub fees. Then when they stick in an item shop, they will whine and cry and suck their thumbs like little babies and still not play the game.

These people trying to get something for nothing need to learn, no such thing. Take a hike.

Not everything is worth paying $15 a month for. As one of the guys in that video said: "I don't see myself logging in to play this game every day", if that is the case for enough people, the game isn't worth the sub fee.

I personally think he said what a lot of people are saying and for good reason.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

Watched the video...read the comments here...its obvious many who don't like TESO didn't watch the video and are just regurgitating what they read somewhere else.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Bluewhitehell
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

That being said, IF I was a game developer and was creating an MMO, you can be damn sure that I'd make sure the first 20 levels or so are AMAZING.  Games that take too long to get interesting, ESO being one of them by the comments I've heard, really hurt themselves in these reviews.  One thing I've grown to hate is people defending a game by saying, "After the first X levels, it really begins to open up."  That's a big red flag to me nowadays. I just want a developer to say, "Okay, the game has started, now just GO...get out there and explore and figure it out on your own."  

I don't really agree if the game isn't F2P. Since the players already paid for at least 1 month, they're less likely to leave for 1 month. Dev then have more room to go for slower pace.

Some of my favorite MMORPG didn't open up until a couple of months of playing, tbh.

I've played about 5 levels of beta, I can't say it's AMAZING, in fact a lot of the aspects are inferior to other games, but I was hooked.

I remember it took me to level 45 to really enjoy vanilla WoW, the paladin was just soo bland. I nearly gave up on the game but once I pushed through 40s I started really enjoying the game. All that said I spent till the end of Wrath playing that game seriously without touching any other game.

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The only thing he complains about are the box prices and the subscription...  (but then we where all good paying those like 3 years ago, at which point every non succesfull MMO went f2p and cashshop)... 

And then suddenly he advises everyone to buy the more expensive collectors edition, just because it comes with a free horse..

LOL that was funny....and the fact he said gw2 was amazing and all his friend and himself quit in few weeks. seems he has a habbit of contradicting himself.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by vzerov

LOL that was funny....and the fact he said gw2 was amazing and all his friend and himself quit in few weeks. seems he has a habbit of contradicting himself.

i don't see any contradictions

there's lukewarm preview here  and the GW2 review was posted after 2 weeks of playing the game

both were based on his existing experience w the games

Angry Joe states ESO would be a fantastic game if it was ftp

but he doesn't feel the game is good enough to warrant a monthly sub

• himodshimods Member Posts: 54
    Originally posted by bestever

I guess you guys like listening to a douche.

I've seen a few of his reviews and it makes me sick to think anyone would even listen to a loud mouth a-dd having grown ass child man. Get real. Well I guess I shouldn't expect much from this community, from what I've seen over the last few years its a pretty sad community and I think I'm finally done here. Take care mmorpg.com.

Hi irony.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by superconducting

... it feels like Elder Scrolls without its heart or soul is spot on.

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

Why should someone listen to a "GI Joe" reviewer on youtube, he just has his personal opinion about games he talks about.

The best review is actually when you test the game by yourself and draw conclusions.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by spizz

Why should someone listen to a "GI Joe" reviewer on youtube, he just has his personal opinion about games he talks about.

The best review is actually when you test the game by yourself and draw conclusions.

And by that point you have been suckered into buying the game paying for sub. By that logic you should totally fall for every scam imaginable because everyone else is wrong until you see for yourself.

Originally posted by Nadia

there's lukewarm preview here  and the GW2 review was posted after 2 weeks of playing the game

and i dont see how your post related to anything other than stating some obvious minor things while the contradiction is still there.

Not good enough for a monthly fee but enough for us to pay alot more for a in game horse, makes sense to you maybe, not to me.

The price of the ce edition is enough for him to play the game with the monthly fee much much MUCH longer than he did in gw2, which is an amazing game, for him.

• sharpshadesharpshade Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I know this is going to sound lame but the minute I saw I had to use the mouse to operate the camera, I was done. I don't understand why the camera can't move with the character like so many games out there. At least make it an option or something I can change.
  • FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

The only thing he complains about are the box prices and the subscription...  (but then we where all good paying those like 3 years ago, at which point every non succesfull MMO went f2p and cashshop)... 

And then suddenly he advises everyone to buy the more expensive collectors edition, just because it comes with a free horse..

You guys are just taking from that what you want and closing your ears to the rest. A preview or review can only tell anyone so much about a game, as he clearly states in the review himself. All the people talking about GW2 instead of the actual points he makes are diverting attention away, it's irrelevant to this discussion.

He states that the horse is needed because the game forces you to walk extended amounts of time between quest objectives and becomes boring because of it. It's not that he advises anyone to buy the collector's edition, on the contrary, he's criticising it, because horses outside of that package are very expensive for new players.

Look at the points he's making and compare them to other previews, even the positive ones, around the net. You'll see quite a few similarities.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971
    Originally posted by Dihoru

And by that point you have been suckered into buying the game paying for sub. By that logic you should totally fall for every scam imaginable because everyone else is wrong until you see for yourself.

Thats the risk buying every game.

I would be suckered if I just would listen to a single person or magazin. Read forums and player reactions after release, read about many reactions and you still have the risk you wont like a game. Thats how it is.

• TerminalDeityTerminalDeity Member UncommonPosts: 133

This guy makes NO sense. 

He states that the game would be great if it were free to play. How does it being free to play affect it's actual quality? If it is good, then it is good. You might LIKE it more if it's free, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with its value. 

I happen to think the game is garbage, and how much it costs doesn't change that. I'm not going to play some shit game just because it's free. Who the hell would do that?

and i dont see how your post related to anything other than stating some obvious minor things while the contradiction is still there.

Not good enough for a monthly fee but enough for us to pay alot more for a in game horse, makes sense to you maybe, not to me.

The price of the ce edition is enough for him to play the game with the monthly fee much much MUCH longer than he did in gw2, which is an amazing game, for him.

One previewer pointed out that it cost 17+k gold to buy a horse in game. 

But for $99 you can have one on day one. 

Tell us some more about paying a lot more for an in game horse. 

Originally posted by TerminalDeity

This guy makes NO sense. 

He states that the game would be great if it were free to play. How does it being free to play affect it's actual quality? If it is good, then it is good. You might LIKE it more if it's free, but that has absolutely NOTHING to do with its value. 

I happen to think the game is garbage, and how much it costs doesn't change that. I'm not going to play some shit game just because it's free. Who the hell would do that?

Just because something is "good" doesn't make it worth the asking price. 

The Walking Dead is an incredible TV show in my opinion, doesn't mean I think it's worth spending $50 a month on cable for 15 or so weeks of one decent show. 

You can get the same relative product at a much lower cost. 

In the case of The Walking Dead I could pick up each individual season for less than a months worth of cable, or pay just $8 a month for Netflix and wait for it to be available there, and not pay $50 a month for cable. 

In the case of ESO, some previewers are finding it not offering any more than some buy and free to play games to justify paying a sub each month. 

• MalevilMalevil Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Thats the risk buying every game.

I would be suckered if I just would listen to a single person or magazin. Read forums and player reactions after release, read about many reactions and you still have the risk you wont like a game. Thats how it is.

You contradict yourself, you say I should read forums and watch vides if I'm not sure. But thats what I'm doing when I watch this video ... negative review is review too and honestly last thing i want to watch when im undecided, is video of some fanboy.

Noone will decide just becouse  1 reviewer doesnt like the game. Everybody is biased. But there are real things outside of gameplay that will cause many ppl to not touch TESO. For me its that bullshit with collector edition and exclusive race in it - for sub game thats simply ripoff.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I pretty much agree with Joe. It's feels like an ES game but the further you go into the game the less it feels like an Elder scrolls game. As one guy pointed out, it's a game that makes you want to play Skyrim. Everything he said about the combat is true, it's it's not terrible and not great, it's just ok. In the end the ESO is a game designed by committee, nothing will offend you here but its bland.
  • Colt47Colt47 Member UncommonPosts: 549
    After what I was hearing from alpha and the whispers sneaking out of closed beta I had pretty much already wrote off the ESO game.  They are taking a series with so many features and parring it down so badly in the MMO that it looks like it is going to go the way of Star Wars the Old Republic.  
  • AdokasAdokas Member CommonPosts: 217
    Originally posted by ikcin

The simple fact is, Zenimax want too much money, they want you to pay fee, box price, and even more in online store, so this is not exactly P2P model, it's pay for everything model. So people soon will stop paying=playing, and than TESO will become F2P. The reason is, this game is not good enough. It's some imperfect copy of GW2, and for me GW2 is a stupid game. 

The main problem of western players is, that they don't know what is a real sandbox game. Most of them never played a good sandbox game, cause distributors never sold them one. It's really hard to make a good sandbox game, cause it shall give freedom to players, but in the same time to react of every move and decision. To make themepark is much more easier. But the sandbox games have one big advantage - endgame content. In themepark the game finish is the max level. TESO like GW2 is themepark, and because of limits, and loading areas, I think most themeparks are not even truly MMORPG, but a singleplayer RPG in multiplayer mode. Many sandbox games fail. Like Archeage for example, which step by step is going themepark. Right now the only sandbox game left in my scope is Black Desert Online. By now it looks great, but will see.

I don't think I have ever seen a game where characters look more out of place and plastic, than Black Desert. They just look so so wrong. But that's just me, I suppose. I have zero hopes for Black Desert. I'm in the Repopulation camp. ^^

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Mpfive
    Originally posted by Blazer6992

I agree with him, it should be free.

No where in the video did he say it should be free, what video where you watching...

I'm fairly certain he does around 22-23: minute range

"If this game was free it would be one of the most amazing games to ever release....It would be the difference in being a leader of the pack in free to play versus one of a pack of $15/month games and assuredly there are probably better $15 a month MMO's than what Elder Scrolls Online is about to offer us."

Originally posted by Uhwop

One previewer pointed out that it cost 17+k gold to buy a horse in game. 

But for $99 you can have one on day one. 

Tell us some more about paying a lot more for an in game horse. 

Sorry, whats your question? Are you impling that he didnt suggest us to pay alot more to buy the ce edition for the in game horse while keep complaining about the $15 monthly fee ?

Too bad actually he did, check out 19:30.

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by sharpshade
    I know this is going to sound lame but the minute I saw I had to use the mouse to operate the camera, I was done. I don't understand why the camera can't move with the character like so many games out there. At least make it an option or something I can change.

Because you kind of aim to hit things in this game that's why...

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher