Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Signed Collector's Edition and NVIDIA GTX 650 Giveaway!

Comments

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

Final Fantasy 9, So many good places!

My favorite has to be First entering Lindblum. 

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• BademBadem Member Posts: 830

Having played FFXIV since Beta, playing and following it through 1.0 to its 2.0 ARR under the watchful eye of Yoshi, my most amazing and unique moment was actually the ARR launch date, but not for the reason you may think.

So there I was on 27/08/2013 getting ready for the servers to come online so I could play the game, first I had several errands to run.

the first was a Chiropractic appointment for my back, after some amusing muscle work and back cracks I then headed to the local Maternity Unit for my wife's 34 week scan.

At the hospital we had the scan and my wife went through her weekly test routine with them and I was patiently waiting for the time when we could leave, so I could get home and prepare to play, instead things went totally sideways, my wife developed Pre-Eclampsia and with a blood pressure of 200/110 we were rushed into the delivery suite, my wife was given drugs and placed onto something ominously called 'The Protocol' at 8pm that even they prepared my wife to give birth early,

Here was a juxtaposition, both Yoshi and myself were experiencing the 1st day panic and nerves as expectant fathers, Yoshi for the birth of A Realm Reborn, my self for the forthcoming birth of my daughter, at 8pm my wifes labour started, while players were experiencing their first steps in Eorzea, I was taking my first steps into fatherhood.

Sadly things took longer than expected and at 9.30am on 28/08/2013 my daughter was brought into the world following an Emergency C-Section. The relief I felt at that time was immense, it was a further 11 days before she came home and I got to log in Eorzea to take my own steps ingame.

So one thing I will never forget is the launch and first steps into the game, mainly since ARR launch falls the day we entered hospital as two people, and the day before my family was turned to three people.

Ingame on of the best experiences I have had is the cutscene just before we land the airship for the Garuda fight, the 'Echo' from a certain someone left me sitting there with my mouth open going "how the hell did I not know that!!!" Now I want to finish the chain and find out what happens!! Amazing and engrossing storyline

• blircosblircos Member Posts: 1
    Well, my favorite Final Fantasy is FFVIII. So when I joined the game the Lighting event was about to end. I run against time to level up and do her event so I could grab her gunblade. I was so happy when I get it =x
  • ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

I personally loved how your Chocobo could be used as a combat companion, it was a life saver at times.

To be honest the entire world just exudes charm, it's quite wonderful.

• Oblivion2000Oblivion2000 Member Posts: 1
    My favorite part of the FFXIV was the build up from "you are nothing but a lowly adventurer" to "you have saved the nation, now go out and inform the other nations".  Truly a grand story, and great experience worth adventuring.
  • MoonDragnMoonDragn Member Posts: 7
    I've never played FFXIV. My favorite moments were from FFX playing the Blitzball sidegames. Also FFX had one of the best character advancement system out of all the FFs I've played.
  • RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283

The day our fc came to the rescue!

My wife and I could not get through Aurum Vale no matter who we pugged with. After 7-8 runs on different nights things got pretty desperate. The wife(healer) was practically having nightmares at night and I(tank) hit the video guide circuit to find out how to get through the horror that was AV.

That next night, our fc came to the rescue and we scheduled a run with them. That run was smooth and silky as we utilized all our skills as a team, communications in voice chat were brisk and precise and all the bosses were handled with extreme prejudice! After the final boss was felled, we celebrated with much joy and mead at the guildhall with our group.

Off in the distance, Amdapor Keep loomed...for another day.

• kilatrekilatre Member Posts: 4
    When I first hit level 30 and was able to summon my pet for battle. I love this feature and the fact pets can be spec'd out.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    I love the intricate crafting system that allows you to spend hours gathering and crafting intricate recipes. 

• theangel04theangel04 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Favourite moment. Creating my first character in the new realm reborn client, I was just so happy to finally play the FF i was expecting, i'll always remember it 
  • VmarroneVmarrone Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The best leveling experience in any mmo hands down.
  • RollieJoeRollieJoe Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Getting through the immensely long quest chain to finally face the Ultima weapon, beating it, but then seeing it turn into its true "shadow form" and then......and then the music starts.  Anyone who has played this will know exactly what music I'm talking about.  The first truly epic feeling moment I've had in an MMO since watching Marshal Windsor walk back into Stormwind in 2004.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Tanking with Marauder/Warrior. <3
  • ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Is it just for US citizens?? Or can we participate from Europe???

PLZ you should make it clear...i don´t want to lose a prize because of that (again.....)

• UDproxUDprox Member UncommonPosts: 21

My best moment was logging into FXIV: ARR for the first time since 1.0 closed down. Having played when FFXIV originally released, I was skeptical that it would be much improved. However, I was floored with how Yoshi-P has turned this game around. Prior to ARR it was just so empty and boring. Now the game is a blast with a group or solo.

-Also shouldn't it be the contest ends FEBRUARY 14.

• jaycorulesjaycorules Member Posts: 12

Hmmm....Well, when I was younger I  virtually dated a "girl" in FFXI for a while. I am not proud of this.

• DilligDillig Member UncommonPosts: 123

My favorite moment was beating Titan hardmode thru the dungeon finder.

It took a really long time btw.

• Angusx51Angusx51 Member UncommonPosts: 18

Whenever I want to get back to my RPG roots, I dig out my SNES and play me some Final Fantasy 3 (errr 6)

Then I'll hook up the PS2 and play my FFVII - FFIX

Old School is a good school :)

• bsukalabsukala Member UncommonPosts: 36
    My most memorable Final Fantasy moment would have to be the full experience of the original Final Fantasy on the NES. Defeating Tiamat, Lich, Kraken, Kary, the surprise attack by Warmech, and Chaos. Getting the Rat's Tail. First time finding the Masamune and Excalibur. Getting the airship. In the box it came with a bestiary listing all the monsters and there stats. I spend countless hours trying to find the Tyrannosaur but never did. So many memories as a child and I still play RPG's to this day because of Final Fantasy
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    Love this game and my toon Brotha Healz uber White Mage :)
  • StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Well, now... let's see what we can conjure up.

My favourite FF experience by far is in FF9, between the final dungeon of Disc 3 and the beginning of Disc 4. I'll try to keep it spoiler-free by omitting names of characters and places.

You go to another planet, find out the distressing truth about both worlds and discover the protagonist's (as well as the antagonist's) past. The protagonist goes quasi-catatonic, and the other party members help him learn to accept things and rejoin them in the struggle for their planet. That sequence by itself has always made every single hair in my body stand up due to the amount of emotion involved, which is only helped by the magnificent music.

The antagonist, on the other hand, freaks out completely. After a sequence of three cool boss fights (you versus a dragon, then versus your creator, then versus the antagonist), he kills his (and the protagonist's) creator, attains godlike powers and destroys the planet, while your party escapes in one of the coolest airships in all FF games.

And then, at the beginning of Disc 4, THIS happens:

One of my favourite cutscenes ever. YES. IT'S DRAGONS VERSUS AIRSHIPS. WITH AWESOME MUSIC.

Okay, I'm done. This is my favourite moment in any FF game, and one of my fondest videogame memories.

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472
    I haven't had the chance to play ff14, but the ending of FF9 was so moving that I can't help to wonder about FF14. It would be a good time to start in this franchise.
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

My favorite experience in FFXIV is actually related to our time in FFXI. I got it on the PS2 shortly after it launched...and within a week, The wife made me buy another PS2 so we could play it together.  Since then we have played many MMO's together, but FFXI was our first and likely our favorite.

We formed a linkshell there called Pestilence and played a LOT...and we kept seeing the same people quite often. Before long, we were all in the same Linkshell. Over the next two years, we all became pretty good friends in RF regardless of how far apart we were spread across the world.

Then we took time away from the game...a lot of time. Played lots of other MMO's, WoW, EVE, LotRs, the list goes on...but we always came back to FFXI. Each time we came back, some of our friends had moved on as well. Sadly, over time we lost contact with most of them.

So when FFXIV launched, we gave it a try, hoping to recapture some of that old magic. Sadly, it was not all we had hoped..an opinion that was shared by so many people, SE apologized for it and planned to remake the game. 

So, a few years later...we tried again. FFXIV:ARR was a HUGE improvement and we were having fun. A few days in, we were about to do our first run at Ifrit, a lvl 20 experience. For those of you who do not know, you use the Duty Finder to enter these dungeons, which will assign random people from the same server as well as other servers. So we are watching the opening cut scene for the event (we sit in the same room when we play together). When we get into the fight, we say 'Hi' to the other two strangers and get ready to fight.

I was the tank so i was totally focused on the fight at hand and didn't even notice the names of the people with us. The wife didn't miss it though. Before we can get started, she says in chat, "Hey, Denizen! We used to know a guy with the same name back in FFXI...unicorn server."

As it turns out, it WAS the same guy! He and several other people from our old linkshell were all playing, just on a different server. WHAT were the odds!!! We just started bullshitting in the middle of an instance lol I think the 4th guy eventually quit. We did feel bad about that, but were just floored at running into each other. We All did the same instance at the same time on different servers and the duty finder stuck us together.

Once SE offered free server transfers due to the congestion, we were able to get all of us back on the same server. Now Pestilence is back...with some old familiar faces and some new and all of us are having a blast. 

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    My most memorable moment from the Final Fantasy series is the scene where Tidus and Yuna part ways so that Tidus can go finally rest... an amv with those scenes and one of my exs finally convinced me to start making my own amvs... still tear up when I hear Poets of the Fall - Stay and think of that game.

• Choda88Choda88 Member UncommonPosts: 17

My favorite experience was with Final Fantasy VI. Just when I thought that I know the word, Kefka succeeds in his quest to destroy it. For me it was truly a mind-blowing event playing it for the first time.

This discussion has been closed.