TLDR: New ; PvE ; Mandatory grouping ; Dedicated Healer Class ; Grindy
I read the stickies at the top of this forum, but a lot of it is not very recent information, so I thought I would open a thread and query anyone reading to see if I can find something.
Recently, SOE shut down 4 MMO's, including the one I had been playing since release: Wizardry Online. As a result, I'm looking for a new MMO to play - but I'm finding it very difficult to find something similar to what would hold my interest. My most favorite MMO (up until they destroyed it) was FFXI.
These are the summary features I'm looking for in priority order:
- Needs to be either an upcoming MMO or a recent one (2012 or newer).
- PvE-focus. (I don't mind PvP as a side thing)
- Needs to require (or heavily focus) the need to group or party to advance or accomplish a bulk of the game's content (not just end-game).
- Needs to have a healer or significant support role, class, or skill-system.
- Needs to be grindy (unreachable level cap preferred) with some low-high game content.
- No hand-holding quest-line to max level.
Example games that are NOT the above:
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - It has healer classes, sure, but it's basically a level 1->50 solo trip. Not interested.
- EVE Online - Too old.
- Wildstar - As I understand it, this has your typical solo to max level trip. Not interested.
- Black Desert Online - No healer class
- Final Fantasy XIV - Same thing, solo trip to max level. Not interested. (However, I did enjoy the pre-ARR version)
- Path of Exile - No healer class.
- Guild Wars 2 - Soloable to max level, and there's no dedicated healer or support class.
At the time, Wizardry Online was my only option after FFXI went easy-mode, but as I said, that's shutting down now. : Does anybody have any suggestions?