Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Blizzard Diablo 3 Sucks

2»

Comments

• CazNeergCazNeerg Member Posts: 2,198
    Originally posted by baphamet

how was it an atrocity? i mean other than the rough launch that is.

it's better now than it was sure but even at launch it was better than POE IMO

that's not to say POE still isn't a good ARPG because it is, especially considering it's totally F2P.

but D3's combat is just better and more fluid with more build diversity (last i checked at least), which has not changed one bit since launch. i also think the fact that POE totally ripped off the diablo theme is a knock on that game for me.

both games lack any decent pvp so that's a huge knock for me as well.

The mere existence of the RMAH is sufficient to label it as an atrocity.  The particular way it was implemented sealed the deal.  People play Diablo games to kill things for loot.  Not to have such an abysmally low drop rate on anything so much as halfway decent that you have to either pump in hundreds of hours or drop real money just to not be geared like a chump.

From what I've read, the game as it is in the new patch is exactly the game it should have launched as.  It might even be a worthy successor to D2 now, but I'm not sure I'll ever get the sour taste of the initial build out of my mouth long enough to try and find out.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    The OP isn't playing it to have fun, he is playing it so he can be the best gamer in the world ever and have everyone give him a virtual pat on the back, that's the mentality of most blizzard fanboys. They all want to be internet heroes.
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Originally posted by IrishChai
    Originally posted by Righteous_Rock
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64

1,000 hours...

Sorry you didn't get your money's worth OP....jeez..

Is Darknessguy64 the only person that read this? How can you log 1000 hours and then suddenly come on here and say the game sucks?

It's really the only thing I needed to read to see this topic wasn't worth a reply. If Blizzard saw this, I hope they're laughing at the OP as much as they should because it's pure stupidity at it's finest.

Thank you - That was exactly my point.

************************Thread closed************************

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by CazNeerg
    Originally posted by baphamet

how was it an atrocity? i mean other than the rough launch that is.

it's better now than it was sure but even at launch it was better than POE IMO

that's not to say POE still isn't a good ARPG because it is, especially considering it's totally F2P.

but D3's combat is just better and more fluid with more build diversity (last i checked at least), which has not changed one bit since launch. i also think the fact that POE totally ripped off the diablo theme is a knock on that game for me.

both games lack any decent pvp so that's a huge knock for me as well.

The mere existence of the RMAH is sufficient to label it as an atrocity.  The particular way it was implemented sealed the deal.  People play Diablo games to kill things for loot.  Not to have such an abysmally low drop rate on anything so much as halfway decent that you have to either pump in hundreds of hours or drop real money just to not be geared like a chump.

From what I've read, the game as it is in the new patch is exactly the game it should have launched as.  It might even be a worthy successor to D2 now, but I'm not sure I'll ever get the sour taste of the initial build out of my mouth long enough to try and find out.

As a fellow gamer, I'd urge you to if you already own it anyways. Your only risk is the time it'd take to install/update.

btw: I was one of the few who managed to avoid the AH and play the game as it should, horrible drops and all.

This discussion has been closed.