Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

MASSIVE Darkfall Promotion!!

LustmordLustmord Mt. Gilead, OHPosts: 1,095Member Uncommon

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?386797-February-Promotion!-Feb-5-Feb-13

In our February promotion, there's something for everyone:

Existing Players: New Product: 6 Month Subscription Package 45% off the regular price (49,95 that comes out to approximately 8,3/month).

Past Players: Return to Darkfall Unholy Wars: all inactive accounts, in good standing, are now activated for 1 week through February 13th.

New Players: Get the game for 75% off (9,95) through February 13th.

You can get the offers through the Darkfall Unholy Wars Store

Enjoy!

Please Note: Regarding the Return to Darkfall players: If your account has been inactive for over 3 months, your character is stored. In order to restore the character you need to contact support by submitting a support ticket and they will do it for you as quickly as possible.

Specifically:

If you bought the game through Aventurine: Supply customer support with a ticket containing your Account name and/or Character name (Ideally Both).

If you bought the game through Steam: Supply us with your EXACT character name by emailing unregistered@aventurine.gr

If Steam users playing through the Steam Lobby have any issues activating their accounts, they can connect their character to an AV account. This is done by selecting the Register option on the steam lobby and following the process there.

If you can't remember your account name: please send a ticket through email at unregistered@aventurine.gr

Patching: Our patching uses peer to peer technology so users with ISP or firewall restrictions for torrent traffic may have issues.

Comments

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member

Great news.

Got the 6 month subscription right away. :)

If we see the big village patch and chaos school patch until Feb 13th this could boost the DFUW population quite a bit.

Had some great siege fights today also on EU server. Epic shit.

(from some days ago ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znb6zrxOZc4 )

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• BadaboomBadaboom Moose Jaw, SKPosts: 2,380Member
    Originally posted by Caaahl

Great news.

Got the 6 month subscription right away. :)

If we see the big village patch and chaos school patch until Feb 13th this could boost the DFUW population quite a bit.

Had some great siege fights today also on EU server. Epic shit.

(from some days ago ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Znb6zrxOZc4 )

Me too.  $50 for 6 months is a great deal.

• LustmordLustmord Mt. Gilead, OHPosts: 1,095Member Uncommon
    You know the big patch is coming.
    They are certainly gonna drop it during this promotion. I'm really excited. :D
  • ZadawnZadawn SPosts: 651Member
    I'll jump back in and see how the game fares. Thanks for the heads up.

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member
    I'm gonna play for free again to see how the performance got better and that's it, but il surely wont pay for the 6 month deal yet for a game that is far from completed and imbalanced. I would pay if it was 10$ month tho coz i know i won't play for 6 months.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• BruhzaBruhza Omaha, NEPosts: 279Member

Thanks for the update. I really enjoyed this game when I played it so I will certainly be trying it out again.

On a side note - anyone know how the population is for NA?

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Posts: 397Member Uncommon

I was just about to log into paypal and spend $60.00 on the game and a 6 month sub, then I recalled that this game segregates its' community. Most valuable players get to have discussions with the Development team and Less valuable players have to listen them telling you in every thread "if you only knew what I know".

To me this is not only offensive, but highly insulting.

All that said I am glad they took down the $40.00 barrier and offered discounted subs. I hope that the promotion is a success, but I will not pay to play a game where the Devs communicate with a few players and others are ignored.

• Bluefear77Bluefear77 Kansas City, KSPosts: 82Member

I'm thinking about getting this game, but would be playing it alone.

Should I not waste my time?

What are the chances of finding a good guild?

• CaaahlCaaahl LeipzigPosts: 229Member
    Originally posted by Bluefear77

You can play solo, but it's not the best idea if you are fairly new to the game.

Getting into a clan make life on Agon so much easier and more enjoyable. Clan mates will craft gear for you and teach you some tricks in PvP and help you with your feats to gain Prowess.

I can only speak for EU server, but finding a decent clan shouldnt be difficult. Just ask in global chat. There are clans that specifically take in newbies.

@ ShortyBible:

I know what you mean. People are trying to convince AV that everybody needs to be informed about the topics of the MVP forums. Right now it is a dilemma. I, for one, know what AV has in store for the next couple of patches, but i can only say to you "trust me, it's good", which makes me one of the people you described and dislike. There needs to be at least a weekly MVP update for all people.

Caaahl / DAA KAPUTTMACHAA ---DF/DFUW

• ilivesilives Fort Dodge, KSPosts: 418Member
    Originally posted by Badaboom

That's assuming AV is around in six months... 

Paying in advance is a gamble with any company, let alone one that reportedly can't pay its employees (Cluas-"Need 15,000 more subscribers because they are out of money and owe debts all over town.With current subs, they are slowly dying, can't really pay their bills.), was forced to down size and has numerous open loans.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• collektcollekt Meridian, MSPosts: 273Member Uncommon

You can play solo, but it's not the best idea if you are fairly new to the game.

Getting into a clan make life on Agon so much easier and more enjoyable. Clan mates will craft gear for you and teach you some tricks in PvP and help you with your feats to gain Prowess.

I can only speak for EU server, but finding a decent clan shouldnt be difficult. Just ask in global chat. There are clans that specifically take in newbies.

@ ShortyBible:

I know what you mean. People are trying to convince AV that everybody needs to be informed about the topics of the MVP forums. Right now it is a dilemma. I, for one, know what AV has in store for the next couple of patches, but i can only say to you "trust me, it's good", which makes me one of the people you described and dislike. There needs to be at least a weekly MVP update for all people.

So, it's basically like an ongoing NDA with a small portion of the playerbase that are considered privileged enough to know what's going on with the game they pay for on a monthly basis? I agree with the guy a few posts up, this is both insulting and infuriating to the rest of the 'normal' players. Very bad idea on their behalf, because even if it helps them with development, it's going to piss off players.

• TibernicuspaTibernicuspa Amherest, MAPosts: 1,198Member
    Originally posted by collekt

@ ShortyBible:

So, it's basically like an ongoing NDA with a small portion of the playerbase that are considered privileged enough to know what's going on with the game they pay for on a monthly basis? I agree with the guy a few posts up, this is both insulting and infuriating to the rest of the 'normal' players. Very bad idea on their behalf, because even if it helps them with development, it's going to piss off players.

Not really. It's the same thing CCP uses to manage Eve. The hard reality is that the regular forums are so loosely moderated that it is literally impossible to have a coherent discussion, because over the years the forums have become a trolls nest. They call it Forumfall for a reason.

The devs invited the most consistently knowledgable people about the game to discuss ideas of ways to directly improve Darkfall. The rest of the community gets updated rather whenever progress is made on an issue, and is consolidated. Better game improvements have come out of this system, faster, than previously.

Originally posted by ilives

They've been around for 5+ years, they have more subs now than they did in the worst days of DF1, and they have a successful FTP launch in Asia. Why wouldn't they be?

Originally posted by Tibernicuspa

They've been around for 5+ years, they have more subs now than they did in the worst days of DF1, and they have a successful FTP launch in Asia. Why wouldn't they be?

Because they've admitted to having financial issues and some of their loan details are public on InternetQ website. image

AV didn't launch anything in Asia, that was Mgame. 

Only discounting 6 month subscriptions is an act of desperation in hopes of generating operating capital.

Why wouldn't they wait until after the "Village Patch" to run this promotion?

It's their game, they did the coding for it, they launched it. Some people are so determined to rewrite reality.
    It's their game, they did the coding for it, they launched it. Some people are so determined to rewrite reality.

Clearly you are misinformed. 

Mgame purchased the rights to run the game in Asia and was launched solely by MGame.  AV sold a product and was providing support per their agreement.

@ ShortyBible:

Not really. It's the same thing CCP uses to manage Eve. The hard reality is that the regular forums are so loosely moderated that it is literally impossible to have a coherent discussion, because over the years the forums have become a trolls nest. They call it Forumfall for a reason.

The devs invited the most consistently knowledgable people about the game to discuss ideas of ways to directly improve Darkfall. The rest of the community gets updated rather whenever progress is made on an issue, and is consolidated. Better game improvements have come out of this system, faster, than previously.

Forums are pretty much always going to perform in that manner, and 'hard reality' or not the majority of your customer base doesn't enjoy being segmented into the less important part of the player base. If you really want to do something like this, you do it behind the scenes so that the rest of your players can continue on without being insulted or feeling left out. You don't slap a big section onto the forums that basically reads: "Sorry, you don't know shit and you don't matter so you don't get to participate in the real discussions that lie behind this gate."

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Posts: 397Member Uncommon

@ ShortyBible:

You cannot compare this half ass idea MVP with EVEs' Council of Stellar Management.

EVEs' CSMs are elected by the players to represent them. When they are elected their names are posted in the forums, and the other players actually welcome them.

They are flown to Reykjavik twice a year and conduct meetings/summits with the Devs.

They are not used as a buffer between the Devs and the player base.

Darkfalls MVP don't represent the community. Tasos just pick players that make the most noise to make them feel special and keep them quiet.

As I stated I and many others refuse to play a game that segregates it community in this manner.

I will keep my Less Valuable Money in my wallet until they think they directly able to communicate with the entire player base and not just a few.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon

There is a reason there is only a 6 month sub promotion and not a 12 month.

Think about it... ;)

Well said. I'm not familiar with EVE, but what you have described here sounds like a WAY better solution than the half baked implementation that Darkfall seems to have.
  • RealbigdealRealbigdeal Vimont, QCPosts: 1,625Member
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

I was just about to log into paypal and spend $60.00 on the game and a 6 month sub, then I recalled that this game segregates its' community. Most valuable players get to have discussions with the Development team and Less valuable players have to listen them telling you in every thread "if you only knew what I know".

To me this is not only offensive, but highly insulting.

All that said I am glad they took down the $40.00 barrier and offered discounted subs. I hope that the promotion is a success, but I will not pay to play a game where the Devs communicate with a few players and others are ignored.

You must earn your place in the MVP forum bob like everyone else. They even got banned players up in this bitch; they changed and proved that they can contribute.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• LustmordLustmord Mt. Gilead, OHPosts: 1,095Member Uncommon

Can we please have a single thread in this forum that isn't completely derailed by the same people every time?

Thanks,

Clearly you are misinformed. 

Mgame purchased the rights to run the game in Asia and was launched solely by MGame.  AV sold a product and was providing support per their agreement.

That's literally what I just said. AV did the code, the customized version of the game, all the server development, the publisher just released it.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,437Member Uncommon
    Seriously? 3 month old inactive accounts have to contact support to restore their characters? In this day and age... this is almost barbaric.

Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Seriously? 3 month old inactive accounts have to contact support to restore their characters? In this day and age... this is almost barbaric.

LOL

EDIT: I thought you were joking

"Please Note: Regarding the Return to Darkfall players: If your account has been inactive for over 3 months, your character is stored. In order to restore the character you need to contact support by submitting a support ticket and they will do it for you as quickly as possible."

The promo will be over by the time AV support gets around to it. image