Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CCP All Powerful

Quazal.AQuazal.A PrestonPosts: 530Member Uncommon

Now im not saying that CCP are important, but when country allows you erect a monument in honor of your games players you must have some pull lol

Now dont take this as gospel, But i did read somewhere that Icelands largest income / company was actually CCP - I cannot find it, but remember hearing/reading something, but this is cool dont care who you are :) lol

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game :) were of course your welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Boca Raton, FLPosts: 938Member Uncommon

No, CCP isn't all powerful...

I toured Iceland summer after my Junior year in college as part of the GeoSci department at the University of Chicago; Iceland is something of a super-hotspot of geological activity.  I got to follow the work of Jan Hospers, who as I understand it did much pioneering work in the field of magnetic stratigraphy, riding around old paleo-basaltic lava flows with a motorcycle, magnetometer, and stereonet  graph paper.

Reykjavik and Iceland as a whole holds a lot of stark beauty, and it's easy to see how at least some of this environmental essence may have found its way into Eve.  Some of the weaponry looks a bit like the northern lights I've seen cover the sky up there.  I wouldn't be surprised if Eve was Iceland's biggest export, having spent a month and circuiting the entire country.

I admire the game, but that doesn't mean it's something I would play.  It sounds like a contradiction, but I'm the type that would lose myself in Eve.  The closest I've come is watching player-made videos on Youtube, and reading articles in Forbes magazine.

"To be what you are not, experience what you are not." -Saint John of the Cross
    Authored 131 missions in Vendetta Online
    Check it out on Steam

• MalcanisMalcanis LondonPosts: 3,191Member
    Iceland's GNP is about 13 billion dollars per year. CCP has a turnover of rather less than 100 million dollars per year. CCP is therefore roughly 0.5% of Iceland's GNP - a useful source of foreign exhange income, but I think it's pretty safe to say that there are much larger Icelandic companies.

Give me liberty or give me lasers