Embers of Caerus. What's the story on this one?

ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

Main website gone, forums gone, kickstarter money gone.

Any links to what happened?

Comments

• SnoepieSnoepie RotterdamMember UncommonPosts: 482
    they took away our jubs
  • ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by Snoepie
    they took away our jubs

You were part of the dev team?

• SnoepieSnoepie RotterdamMember UncommonPosts: 482

no man..

check out their facebook.. they seems to have problems with the servers on 1 feb tho

• JemAs666JemAs666 Wylie, TXMember UncommonPosts: 215

• coretex666coretex666 PragueMember RarePosts: 3,208
    Originally posted by Snoepie
    they took away our jubs

They took our jobs

• GrixxittGrixxitt New Orleans, LAMember UncommonPosts: 545

They realized that they couldn't make a game of the scope they wanted with no financial backing so they're currently looking for a 3rd party dev team and publisher to make their game for them.

I'm calling it vaporware until proven otherwise, and I was a backer of their kickstarter. 

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

Originally posted by Grixxitt
    They realized that they couldn't make a game of the scope they wanted with no financial backing so they're currently looking for a 3rd party dev team and publisher to make their game for them.     I'm calling it vaporware until proven otherwise, and I was a backer of their kickstarter. 

Yea I must agree with you. One day Forsaken was a guild in Mortal Online, the next day a development studio, making this elaborate game :)

• R.LimaR.Lima BrasMember UncommonPosts: 135
  • plat0nicplat0nic new york, NYMember Posts: 301
    it's a kick in the nuts for those that kickstarted :D 

Main Game: Eldevin (Plat0nic)
    2nd Game: Path of Exile (Platonic Hate)

Originally posted by plat0nic

As long as people continue to throw money at these ideas I am guessing that we will see a lot more of this in the future.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAMember RarePosts: 27,280
    Originally posted by plat0nic

What would you expect? KS is a system with zero check & balance. You throw your money down a hole of unknown. There is zero resource if nothing happens after your pay.

Personally i won't spend my money on wishful thinking but if i wouldn't mind if others do so .. since if indeed a product is produced on someone elses' money, it is good for me.

I am sort of like you:) I don't even do Pre-orders :)
  • DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo OuthereMember UncommonPosts: 105

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forsakenstudios/embers-of-caerus-investor-prototype/comments

I see they raised over 46k dollars.  What will happen or has happened to the money?

Also, is the name of the guy in control of the failed project really Rob Steel?  The coincidence of having such a name is hilarious!

Originally posted by DeVoDeVo
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/forsakenstudios/embers-of-caerus-investor-prototype/comments I see they raised over 46k dollars.  What will happen or has happened to the money? Also, is the name of the guy in control of the failed project really Rob Steel?  The coincidence of having such a name is hilarious!  

Yes hilarious indeed. From looking at this thread 

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/806/view/forums/thread/401680/EoC-New-Direction.html

It seems as if the kickstarter funds will be used for traveling expenses::)

• DyraeleDyraele Tucson, AZMember Posts: 200

Someone said problems started on Feb 1, but I am sure I could not get to the site even before that date. It has been about a week now since I couldn't access the site.

Makes me wonder what is really going on if they cannot fix a server in a week.

AKA - Bruxail

• R.LimaR.Lima BrasMember UncommonPosts: 135
    Originally posted by DeVoDeVo
    Also, is the name of the guy in control of the failed project really Rob Steel?  The coincidence of having such a name is hilarious!

ahahahha I hadn't noticed!

It is funny indeed. Who in their right mind would send money to a guy named Rob Steel ?
  • UhwopUhwop Wilm, DEMember UncommonPosts: 1,783

He took the money and ran, effectively, and almost literally. 

The money he raised on kickstarter, to build a demo, he is instead using to fund travel expenses to shop his idea around to various development studios.