Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SoE new Zombie MMO called H1Z1

1235»

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I  approve of this game!
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Dewguy79

It make no sense that some attack companies like EA, Bio, MS or WB but then give Smeds a pass.  

Who gives him a pass?

Everyone on these forums pretty much tears him a new hole every time his name is mentioned.

It's pretty much like universal, we all hate smed, but we all really hope the things that he promises are real.

Or at least that seems to be the temperature of the room.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    Originally posted by Lazzaro

It's suppose to be a FPS, which I don't like.

Same. I can play games like Bioshock Infinite, but in an MMO setting I'll pass.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04/09/soes-h1z1-is-a-zombie-flavored-sandbox-after-all/

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Force_FireForce_Fire Member Posts: 145
    Honestly, this looks like it was just thrown together in 6 months, and now they are pushing it out the door as fast as they can. Why wouldn't I just go play DESTINY? It's a persistent online shooter as well. Only it's better funded and has been in development for 6 years now. 
  • ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960

Here's an image of the game found on the official website.

https://www.h1z1.com/images/vault/cre3UnAK/H1Z1_exclusive_01_mb.jpg

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Force_Fire
    Honestly, this looks like it was just thrown together in 6 months, and now they are pushing it out the door as fast as they can. Why wouldn't I just go play DESTINY? It's a persistent online shooter as well. Only it's better funded and has been in development for 6 years now. 

Assumptions is mother of all f*ups. You have no idea how many years it has been in development or its funding. Destiny doesn't look all the special though.  Two games are so vastly different that i don't even see the comparison.

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Assumptions is mother of all f*ups. You have no idea how many years it has been in development or its funding. Destiny doesn't look all the special though.  Two games are so vastly different that i don't even see the comparison.

It's a matter of opinion, I think Destiny looks pretty good.

Here's what I can say. It's true that H1Z1 has been in Development an "embarrassingly" short time. I can honestly say that Destiny has been in production a good deal longer than H1Z1.  It's true that I don't know how much Bungie/Activision have spent to date, but they have more than 500 people working on the project.  I do know that Bungie/Activison does have the $$$ to make a great AAA mmorpg. I think it's also safe to say that Sony has the same kind of resources to do just as well with H1Z1. Yes' SOE has the money, but are they spending it on H1Z1?

Yes, it's true that "the two games are vastly different". But they are both, "SHOOTERS". They both take place in a post apocalyptic environment. Both games feature "zombies". I could make a few more comparisons. Yes, Destiny is more Sci-Fi than H1Z1, but the idea is the same.  Destiny looks much better and they appear to be taking their time with development. The DEVs at SOE claim, they will be getting this game out to people in the next 4 to 6 weeks. That to me, seems a bit rushed.

In truth, I want SOE to suceed with this. I want them to make an awesome Sandbox experience. I just don't see how you make a "good" AAA mmorpg with so little time spent in development.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

Here's what I can say. It's true that H1Z1 has been in Development an "embarrassingly" short time. I can honestly say that Destiny has been in production a good deal longer than H1Z1.  It's true that I don't know how much Bungie/Activision have spent to date, but they have more than 500 people working on the project.  I do know that Bungie/Activison does have the $$$ to make a great AAA mmorpg. I think it's also safe to say that Sony has the same kind of resources to do just as well with H1Z1. Yes' SOE has the money, but are they spending it on H1Z1?

Yes, it's true that "the two games are vastly different". But they are both, "SHOOTERS". They both take place in a post apocalyptic environment. Both games feature "zombies". I could make a few more comparisons. Yes, Destiny is more Sci-Fi than H1Z1, but the idea is the same.  Destiny looks much better and they appear to be taking their time with development. The DEVs at SOE claim, they will be getting this game out to people in the next 4 to 6 weeks. That to me, seems a bit rushed.

In truth, I want SOE to suceed with this. I want them to make an awesome Sandbox experience. I just don't see how you make a "good" AAA mmorpg with so little time spent in development.

First, Destiny isn't an MMO. Second, how do you know when H1Z1 development began? Link please.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Originally posted by Tygranir

First, Destiny isn't an MMO. Second, how do you know when H1Z1 development began? Link please.

correct. Destiny is not a MMO-shooter. its a multiplayer shooter like Call of Duty and Resistance 2.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

Originally posted by Tygranir

I'm not sure how you can't call Destiny an MMO. It appears to have many, if not all the elements of other games that are classified as MMOs.

Anyway, I really would like H1Z1 to be real, but they only have 20 people working on the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can only base my views on what I read and see.  I hope H1Z1 can fill the void, but right now it's not looking good to me. That said, SONY is a major company, and they will do everything possible to turn a buck.

1) Development Time and how many Devs are working on it. LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq1BW7oq9EM

2) http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/gameId/927/Destiny.html

3) Destiny is an upcoming massively multiplayer online action role-playing first-person shooter video game in a "mythic science fiction" open world setting. a first-person shooter that will incorporate massively multiplayer online game (MMO) elements. The game has been referred to as a "shared-world shooter.

4) It's listed on MMORPG.COM as an MMORPG. http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/927/feature/7618

5) It's also been described as: "An online, action-based, emergent, mythic sci-fi first-person shooter, MMORPG that sorta plays like Halo"

6) Like any other MMO,  Destiny has Raid, Economy, and Trading Systems. http://destinynews.net/raids-economy-and-trading-system/

7) " A Social Experience – Destiny’s many destinations will feature areas called Public Spaces where players journeying solo or with friends will seamlessly cross paths with other players and Fireteams, some on similar missions, others engaging in completely different activities.
    – Public Events – Contained within some of Destiny’s public spaces are realtime dynamic events that players and Fireteams in the area can choose to engage in. These Public Events are short skirmishes where multiple players work together to defeat their common enemies and collect awesome loot."

8) Like an MMO the game has Classes: Destiny features three unique classes to choose from, each with their own custom looks and abilities. Players will be able to crush their enemies as a Titan, vanquish foes as a crafty Hunter, or unleash incredible arcane energies on any adversary as a Warlock.

9) MMO Customization:  "Personalize and upgrade every aspect of how you look and fight with an expansive combination of armor, weapons, and visual customizations. Take it all with you into every mode, including Destiny’s story, competitive multiplayer, and public combat destinations. Return to The City, Destiny’s third person social space to rearm and repair before going out on your next adventure."

10) "In Destiny you create your own legend as you and your friends venture out into the solar system to reclaim the treasures and secrets lost after the collapse of our Golden Age. Over the course of your adventures you become more powerful, able to wield rare and exotic weapons, gear, and powers. A Connected Universe – Destiny is more than a disc in a drive, it is a persistent online universe filled with other players. As the story grows and expands over time, so do the destinations you can access, the activities you experience, and the rewards you can earn"